3rd round Oldham at home.

Clarkey

1 hour ago, tec said:

Nonsense most fans cheer on their team in a bit of a scuffle. Bad language on the beeb might have been a scandal in the 40s but walk down any street anywhere and you will hear worse think you want to be upset over nothing. 

Maybe after 9pm on the bbc but not before, personally I don't like bad language at a family game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tbgfc said:

Maybe after 9pm on the bbc but not before, personally I don't like bad language at a family game.

Go to any RL game pro or amateur and you will hear bad language from either players or fans. 

Edited by tec

Bad language.... !!!!  For crying out loud.. what is up with this country now. Can t say this cant say that. I despair .

Hopefully wont upset anyone by actually putting  my own personal thoughts on here. 

world is mad. 

on a serious note though we do need a couple more experienced players in the backs.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Doesn't make it right or acceptable behaviour does it

Depends if your easily offended i suppose. For me if its not threatening others and in a moment of frustration I can cope with it.

Edited by tec
  • Like 1

Well played Oldham, decent team. 
sadly barrow looked absolutely terrible. Not a bad first half but second half we were out of the game pretty much the whole half. 
just shows what experience can do. 
wardle, turner and Ellis took us apart on their left side. 
Sadly it looks like another relegation scrap this season for us. 
be nice if just one of our forwards actually wanted to make a break and try to run hard. Silva being the exception. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Bad language.... !!!!  For crying out loud.. what is up with this country now. Can t say this cant say that. I despair .

Hopefully wont upset anyone by actually putting  my own personal thoughts on here. 

world is mad. 

on a serious note though we do need a couple more experienced players in the backs.

Bad language should be the least of our worries after the way we played today. Some of our players were swearing, when kicks were missed of or shouting to smash that c***. Don’t see the harm in it but nice to see the players back it up. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tbgfc said:

Oldham looked a well organised team who will win league 1 at a canter, Barrow looked worn out for the second half but did show some good spells in attack that amounted to nothing in the end, wouldn't read to much into this game with the players that were missing today.

Bit of a sour note was the language used by some barrow fans that was clear to hear on bbc was disgusting and cheering on the fight at the end doesn't paint Cumbrian RL in a good light in the modern game.

Agreed, some of our "support" need to realise it's not the 80s anymore. 

23 minutes ago, ABrowny said:

Time for cresta to go for me, get a full time coach in

Cresta is doing an amazing job with the resources at his disposal. We're struggling to put a decent squad together without backers so don't think we'll be funding anyone better than the coach we already have. We simply don't have Oldham's money or many of the better Championship sides. 

• Like 1

Understand everyone’s frustrated about the result today as I am just the same. Was always going to be a real tough slog against a pack of their size. Then to lose charlie and greenwood due to injuries leaving us with one interchange it was always going to be tough. Few positives to take though I thought magic Mike had his best game in a barrow shirt today and the fitter he gets he could become a real asset for us. Time for a few weeks rest now and get some bodies back. We’ll be fine.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ABrowny said:

Time for cresta to go for me, get a full time coach in

Did you not say this 12 months ago?? And the point of a full time coach being paid twice (at a guess) what Cresta is on at the moment is what when the players will only train 3 nights a week, please explain what a ‘full time’ coach adds

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Vet said:

Did you not say this 12 months ago?? And the point of a full time coach being paid twice (at a guess) what Cresta is on at the moment is what when the players will only train 3 nights a week, please explain what a ‘full time’ coach adds

He's just trying to wind people up. 

No disrespect to the players who finished the game today but Oldham had significantly more quality on the pitch at the final whistle. Most of our quality was in the stands. Full strength I think we beat Oldham, but after 60 minutes 8 or 9 of our strongest 17 wasn't on the field. What do people expect?

Anyone with a rugby game can see we have the traits of a good side. We were just beaten by a clinical well experienced side today. 

• Like 5

I get that

3 minutes ago, RSN said:

He's just trying to wind people up. 

No disrespect to the players who finished the game today but Oldham had significantly more quality on the pitch at the final whistle. Most of our quality was in the stands. Full strength I think we beat Oldham, but after 60 minutes 8 or 9 of our strongest 17 wasn't on the field. What do people expect?

Anyone with a rugby game can see we have the traits of a good side. We were just beaten by a clinical well experienced side today. 

These critics only turn up a few times a year only on the back of defeats, funnily enough I never got an answer last year either! End of day we got beat by a better team on the day, that’s sport

• Like 1

Don’t judge Barrows season off yesterday’s result. Oldham are a league one club in name only, they’ve built a very strong squad that will walk through their league this year. Barrow had a lot missing and lost more during the game. People overreacting as usual. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Don’t judge Barrows season off yesterday’s result. Oldham are a league one club in name only, they’ve built a very strong squad that will walk through their league this year. Barrow had a lot missing and lost more during the game. People overreacting as usual. 

thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game, 2 decent sides showing the game off 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, tec said:

Depends if your easily offended i suppose. For me if its not threatening others and in a moment of frustration I can cope with it.

I'm not easily offended but there is a time and a place for swearing and at a family event on TV isn't one of them times, if it was acceptable then the commentators wouldn't have to apologise to the viewers would they. It maybe a generation thing but for me I wasn't impressed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

I'm not easily offended but there is a time and a place for swearing and at a family event on TV isn't one of them times, if it was acceptable then the commentators wouldn't have to apologise to the viewers would they. It maybe a generation thing but for me I wasn't impressed.

I’m not saying it right but the people swearing were probably below the balcony where the camera was,it was not intentional to swear into the microphone is my point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tbgfc said:

You still banging on about swearing? Grow up happens in all sports by fans and players. In professional and amateur games. Suggest you watch games in the future with your TV on mute.

1 hour ago, Rod77 said:

You still banging on about swearing? Grow up happens in all sports by fans and players. In professional and amateur games. Suggest you watch games in the future with your TV on mute.

Grow up in what way Rod? Should I start acting like a Chav and start using the f word in every sentence just to grow up, or should I act with a level of maturity fitting with my upbringing. I would say the person who knows and understands when it is acceptable to use bad language and when it is not is the more mature, would you not??

I watch numerous sports on TV with the volume on and very rarely do I hear bad language over the commentary.

Edited by tbgfc

2 hours ago, tbgfc said:

Grow up in what way Rod? Should I start acting like a Chav and start using the f word in every sentence just to grow up, or should I act with a level of maturity fitting with my upbringing. I would say the person who knows and understands when it is acceptable to use bad language and when it is not is the more mature, would you not??

I watch numerous sports on TV with the volume on and very rarely do I hear bad language over the commentary.

You get stupid people who swear at all sporting events. Don’t know what you’re expecting the club to do ban someone for saying the F word😂. Yes it is frowned upon and they should be careful as children are there but it’s not the end of the world mate. From the sounds of it you are an armchair supporter anyway so luckily for you Barrow Raiders ain’t on TV for the rest of the year so sure you will be happy. The BBC obviously ain’t as good as Sky sports and can block crowd noise out, so either lump it or leave it. 

As a Town fan i thought Barrow were the best Team for the first 40mins . Excellent kicking game and showed some nice touches in attack , but i think the sheer size and experience of Oldham told in the end . They were big right across the park and i think just wore Barrow down as opposed to outplay you .Could have got back in the game with that break with about 15 to go but took the wrong option .Still think you will be okay when your injured players return . All the best for the season ahead .

• Like 7