Sat 2nd Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull KR KO 5.30pm (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/24 at 18:00

Too rough ffs.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Rules question, are handoffs to the face still allowed in these days of clamping down on head contact? Seems mental that an attacking player can still quite forcefully put their hand in the face of opposition. 

• Like 1

Just now, Worzel said:

Litten went in hard then, but it wasn’t a penalty. Rovers pen for the Salford lads running in to the tackle. 

That’s a recurring theme . Get the game stopped 

Just now, Worzel said:

Litten went in hard then, but it wasn’t a penalty. Rovers pen for the Salford lads running in to the tackle. 

I honestly thought that would be the outcome.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

A bit of breathing space but will it be enough?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Worzel said:

Yeah if anything it was litten who was on the receiving end of head contact twice from lafai in that tackle.

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

A bit of breathing space but will it be enough?

Yes.

Beer time.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 minutes ago, meast said:

I thought the penalty was against Litten for dangerous and intentional contact?

Begs the question then why wasn't Lafai's hand off to the face classed as the same?

It's head contact isn't it?

I could be wrong though.

That's my confusion, seems a big oversight on the rulemakers part to clamp down on head contact but allow for attackers to stiff arm a defenders head.

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 1

Thoroughly entertaining game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Generally I’d say those are the games a top side wins, despite their performance or their conditions. As it’s game #3 maybe we can forgive it a bit more.

You can’t get 3 scores behind on a night like that, certainly not against a team with a good kicking game like Snead always brings. Rovers didn’t play the conditions well enough in the 1st half to win, that’s where it was lost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

Awful conditions. These are the games you’ve just got to find a way to grind a win out in.

I hope everyone that criticised the Craven Park pitch last week will be commenting about this marsh tonight… it looks like a Sunday League park pitch after two games of football. 

Is there an opticians near to where you live, a visit to for yourself is an urgent requirement.

13 minutes ago, meast said:

I thought the penalty was against Litten for dangerous and intentional contact?

Begs the question then why wasn't Lafai's hand off to the face classed as the same?

It's head contact isn't it?

I could be wrong though.

A hand off by the ball carrier is allowed as per the laws of the game and is clearly defined. Attack to the head by a defender isn’t. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

That's my confusion, seems a big oversight on the rulemakers part to clamp down on head contact but allow for attackers to stiff arm a defenders head.

It’s not a stiff arm. A hand off is the palm of the hand

• Like 1

Well done Salford. Again, ill-discipline nearly cost them the victory, though. Equally, good to see HKR dissent punished. KR looked to be more creative and lively near the try line but ultimately poor execution let them down, whereas Salford looked more orthodox.

29 minutes ago, LeeF said:

A hand off by the ball carrier is allowed as per the laws of the game and is clearly defined. Attack to the head by a defender isn’t. 

I know that but surely a hand into the face with force is equal to intentional and forceful contact?

It was more a question than a statement of fact.

• Like 2