Donny away

8 hours ago, JonT said:

Harrison has been solid as a rock every time he's played for us in the full back position. But he's not a centre. Why is it everyone in the ground but Hendo can see that? 

Couldn't agree more with you about Harrison he came as a full back,but for some reason Hendo thinks he's a centre and really struggled yesterday.Thought our right edge was poor defensively all game.

9 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

very disappointing york performance, totally outmuscled by a pack that ran harder and tackled well, we made error after error and our top earners simply did not perform .

oh well couple of weeks for hendo to walk the walk.

Apart from the ten minutes before half-time we were second best .

3 hours ago, rich f said:

Only the first game of the championship season but its highlighted a number of things that need addressing. 

There were a few positives, I thought Ata made a massive difference when he came on, Josh Daley ran himself into the ground and the fans were superb and in good numbers.  Best support I've seen in a while and I hope it continues. 

Not sure where to start with the rest. Love Brown but I don't want to see him at fullback again, he should be on the wing. Myles is not a centre, he's a fullback and AJ looks like he needs a rest and a reset. Can't really remember Lineham touching it. Myler and Williams just didn't seem to click and the kicking was poor.

Individually all the forwards are good players with lots of potential but together they are not big enough. We get bullied down the middle and without Thompson they looked lost.

Yes we had players missing but we have a big squad and should been able to cope with it. That performance was more like what I'd expect from a first preseason game not the opening championship match.

Early days but we urgently need some experienced big nasty forwards and to get them bedded in.

Doncaster worked us out yesterday. If you give us the ball we look good, but if you go down the middle we crumble, make errors, concede penalties and give yardage away. Doncaster weren't that great but they didnt need to be as we made it easy for them. Against the better sides it could get really messy.

Yesterday was a huge disappointment.  There's potentially a good side there, but there's also quite a bit missing and it also feels like we've lost a lot of the momentum and positivity from last season now as well. 

Said at the end of last season we were light in the forwards and without JT lacked any go forward and how did PP manage to play most of the second half when he couldn't manage 10 minutes before he was blowing out of his rear end .A lot of work needed in training to put that behind us.

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Rubbish yesterday, 15 decent minutes at best. Hingano looked good when he came of the bench and it seemed like we were going to kick on with Ronan & Daley going well and causing issues for Donny. Halftime came too early cos we'd have scored another couple if we'd have had another 5 minutes. Instead we come out having learned defensive techniques off Newcastle. Got beat on effort which was disappointing, both second rows made some shocking defensive reads and were very poor when both have looked fairly decent normally. Hopefully it's just one of those days cos I'm not watching stuff like that every week. We need to improve ten-fold for Toulouse otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

I know I don't know what I'm on about as I'm just someone who watches about 10 games a week but I can't get my head round why you'd play a player who's played full back in about 300 SL games at half back, a winger at full back and an international half back at loose off the bench. Plus a player who hasn't had a proper pre-season on the wing in his first game for 6 months, all while sending a full back and a centre/winger to Newcastle. Myler or Harrison at full back, Hingano partnering Williams in the halves, Brown on the wing, Ward in the centre. 

Special mention for all the fans, outstanding support again.

Every

Single

Word

Is

Spot

On.

4 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Rubbish yesterday, 15 decent minutes at best. Hingano looked good when he came of the bench and it seemed like we were going to kick on with Ronan & Daley going well and causing issues for Donny. Halftime came too early cos we'd have scored another couple if we'd have had another 5 minutes. Instead we come out having learned defensive techniques off Newcastle. Got beat on effort which was disappointing, both second rows made some shocking defensive reads and were very poor when both have looked fairly decent normally. Hopefully it's just one of those days cos I'm not watching stuff like that every week. We need to improve ten-fold for Toulouse otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

I know I don't know what I'm on about as I'm just someone who watches about 10 games a week but I can't get my head round why you'd play a player who's played full back in about 300 SL games at half back, a winger at full back and an international half back at loose off the bench. Plus a player who hasn't had a proper pre-season on the wing in his first game for 6 months, all while sending a full back and a centre/winger to Newcastle. Myler or Harrison at full back, Hingano partnering Williams in the halves, Brown on the wing, Ward in the centre. 

Special mention for all the fans, outstanding support again.

Maybe Clint missed a trick , perhaps he should have offered you the job of head coach as you seem to have far more idea than the incumbent who it would seem, as far as you are concerned, doesn’t know what he is doing or where to play his players. I am sure if you offered to join him even in an advisory capacity he would snap your hand off with all your incite and knowledge of the game. The people to blame, if that is what you want to do, for that performance falls squarely on the shoulders of the players, too many had an off day. We certainly missed Jordy and his go forward,, and the guile of the ghost, but that is no excuse, the players on the park, on paper, were good enough to compete. I also think Donny may make one or two other teams. In the  championship sit up and take notice of them, especially at home. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Maybe Clint missed a trick , perhaps he should have offered you the job of head coach as you seem to have far more idea than the incumbent who it would seem, as far as you are concerned, doesn’t know what he is doing or where to play his players. I am sure if you offered to join him even in an advisory capacity he would snap your hand off with all your incite and knowledge of the game. The people to blame, if that is what you want to do, for that performance falls squarely on the shoulders of the players, too many had an off day. We certainly missed Jordy and his go forward,, and the guile of the ghost, but that is no excuse, the players on the park, on paper, were good enough to compete. I also think Donny may make one or two other teams. In the  championship sit up and take notice of them, especially at home. 

Apologies for having an opinion, but that’s what this place is for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

11 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Everybody knew after the Bradford play off game last season, we needed a big hairy ar**d forward  so why didn't we get one? He let Pauli go, and should have looked for a replacement. Also many fans who go every week, have stated over and over again, that Myles is a full back and not a centre, and Brown is a winger. We let in so many soft tries with defenders out of position, did Hendo even consider giving it a try while he was experimenting with the team in the cup games. We have won 3 of the six games we have played, all against teams ranked lower than we are. We have been comprehensively beaten by three teams at our (assumed) level. Like communication with the fans, something isn't right.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Puk said:

What's happening with Cunningham is he injured or has he left the knights?

Who knows? Who knew Brad Ward had gone to Newcastle, is it a loan or permanent? Who knew the Valkyrie had a new assistant coach? Just seems to be loads of secrecy about the Knights at the minute. Why, or am I missing out by not using social media?

51 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Who knows? Who knew Brad Ward had gone to Newcastle, is it a loan or permanent? Who knew the Valkyrie had a new assistant coach? Just seems to be loads of secrecy about the Knights at the minute. Why, or am I missing out by not using social media?

latest rumour on the terrace's ,Clint's selling to a players associate 

13 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Who’s the new assistant at the Valkyrie?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 minute ago, andyacko said:

Rich Whiting replaced Callum Windley.

There is an article on page 2 of this week's League Express with Lindsay Anfield saying the former Hull FC player is having a positive effect on the squad.

9 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

There is an article on page 2 of this week's League Express with Lindsay Anfield saying the former Hull FC player is having a positive effect on the squad.

TBF, she's not going to say he's been ######, is she 😄 

But joking aside, I always admired Whiting as a player. Hard as nails, excelled in a multitude of positions, just a good old fashioned honest rugby league player, IMO. 

If he can pass on his attitude and approach to the game to the Valkyrie squad then they will only improve.

55 minutes ago, JonT said:

TBF, she's not going to say he's been ######, is she 😄 

But joking aside, I always admired Whiting as a player. Hard as nails, excelled in a multitude of positions, just a good old fashioned honest rugby league player, IMO. 

If he can pass on his attitude and approach to the game to the Valkyrie squad then they will only improve.

I think it's a very positive move, but the point I am wanting to make, is why wasn't it announced by the club? Communication with the fans is very poor at the minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I think it's a very positive move, but the point I am wanting to make, is why wasn't it announced by the club? Communication with the fans is very poor at the minute.

I do understand what you mean. But, to me at least, it has felt like the ordinary fan is quite far down the list of priorities now. Corporate guests, media opportunities, sponsors and business partnerships all seem higher up the agenda. And maybe that is just the way it has to be now in this IMG world 🤷‍♀️

28 minutes ago, JonT said:

I do understand what you mean. But, to me at least, it has felt like the ordinary fan is quite far down the list of priorities now. Corporate guests, media opportunities, sponsors and business partnerships all seem higher up the agenda. And maybe that is just the way it has to be now in this IMG world 🤷‍♀️

The best PR/publicity any club can get is through the fans. If any club alienates them for any reason, they don't deserve the support. Isn't  'Fandom' a part of the grading system as well? I accept the club are striving to meet the off field criteria to achieve SL status, but what happens on the field is important too. No good being promoted on the strength of a nice shiny stadium, if the team are getting hammered every week. 

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

latest rumour on the terrace's ,Clint's selling to a players associate 

Well, Campbell is leaving Fev.

😬

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, Campbell is leaving Fev.

😬

If its true about the york chairman selling up I won't miss him. He has little respect for the paying fan and never has. He has probably realised that york will not make it into super dooper league and has decided to cash in now. No great loss to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasp said:

If its true about the york chairman selling up I won't miss him. He has little respect for the paying fan and never has. He has probably realised that york will not make it into super dooper league and has decided to cash in now. No great loss to me

Why doesn't he have any respect for the paying fan?

Would be great to have a Chairman with some real cash. I’m another who has never been convinced by him. That’s the only way we’ll ever be a SL team, let alone a quality one. Even then it’s no guarantee - look at how much Hughes has  pumped into London. During my 50 years of watching York it’s always bemused me why the city has never been an RL powerhouse (or a football one for that matter) and failed to attract fans and significant investors.