Themed Fixtures or Rounds

Many versions. There’s Magic round, indigenous, women in league, multicultural, ANZAC rounds and more.

What theme would you add to a fixture or full round to increase profile?

For me, I always liked the idea of Sydney’s Battle of the Beaches. A double header at the SFS on a Saturday with Souths v Cronulla followed by Easts v Manly. Throw in some surf life saving club themed events or maybe a touch rugby tournament between all the SLSC’s between Cronulla and Palm Beach earlier in the day.

13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Many versions. There’s Magic round, indigenous, women in league, multicultural, ANZAC rounds and more.

For me, I always liked the idea of Sydney’s Battle of the Beaches. A double header at the SFS on a Saturday with Souths v Cronulla followed by Easts v Manly. Throw in some surf life saving club themed events or maybe a touch rugby tournament between all the SLSC’s between Cronulla and Palm Beach earlier in the day.

These are good ideas and great ways of raising money and awareness for excellent causes like an NHS round dedicated to all the incredible people that work in the healthcare sector or an help the heroes round for ex service members etc.

all the people who work the NHS or are current serving armed forces members could receive discounted tickets.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sam4731 said:

For me it's a retro weekend. All teams playing in a kit from a successful season. Maybe that celebrates a significant anniversary too.

Titans would play naked presumably😂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Why just a touch rugby on the beach. Play the full fixture on a beach. Would be brutal on the legs

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, N2022 said:

Why just a touch rugby on the beach. Play the full fixture on a beach. Would be brutal on the legs

There was a pre-season NRL touch rugby event at Maroubra Beach I believe with stars playing including Joey and Lockyer. I was in England at the time I think. Someone else might know more about that.

edit note: found some info on it which also sees two All Blacks participated in it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/rugby-league/collins-nonu-take-to-beach-with-league-stars/Q4AX3IVYNCPCB63VD32KFMYAEA/

Edited by Sports Prophet

Retro round has been repeatedly proposed and Super League have specifically rejected it. I can't even begin to think of the logic behind that as I'm sure it would be a very big success.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, newbe said:

I think one round were the players wear the junior club soxs of there first club.

I really like that actually. You can make it a "grassroots" or "community" round to shine a light on the great work the community clubs do. The socks can be a part of that.

• Like 1