Dewsbury Giants v Batley Bulldogs

5 hours ago, phildog said:

Having said what I said about being OK, can we really only raise 20? We hear nothing about injuries other than what we see and hear from talking to players. Blake, Johnson, is Rhodes still at the club, Chitakunye we know had a leg brace on, Flynn? Hope our running a small squad isn't going to bite our behinds. So much for Cas's aid.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing Cas will  only help if asked. If they have been asked or not,maybe we will never know.

Well,the first game I've attended this year due to various reasons and it is woeful..... absolutely woeful.

We look extremely poor in all areas.

Some fellas out of their depth here I'm afraid.

Well done Dewsbury, thoroughly deserved their lead,and probable win.

Think we need a pretty harsh shake up before next week.

Edited by il cattivo

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Listless, leaderless. Poor all round. First time since Adam were a lad I've left a game early. If the BoD and coaching staff are still convinced that we're strong enough and deep enough not to require loanees they're watching a different team to many around me. Great, we put up a show against Cas! That's gone and we're fighting for a place at the top table again. As we are just now we're sitting firmly in the servants' quarters. Dewsbury clattered us, defended superbly but didn't really find themselves with too much to defend in all honesty and put together better attacking moves than us.

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Listless, leaderless. Poor all round. First time since Adam were a lad I've left a game early. If the BoD and coaching staff are still convinced that we're strong enough and deep enough not to require loanees they're watching a different team to many around me. Great, we put up a show against Cas! That's gone and we're fighting for a place at the top table again. As we are just now we're sitting firmly in the servants' quarters. Dewsbury clattered us, defended superbly but didn't really find themselves with too much to defend in all honesty and put together better attacking moves than us.

Nothing said about your favourite Dave gibbons shouldn’t wear our shirt again 

Edited by Keep The Faith

3 minutes ago, phildog said:

I'd agree in general terms with this.

We didn't trouble their line at all,and looked listless all evening....I hope we look to get some big boys in the pack either on loan or DR because if not We're in for a long hard unsuccessful season....sorry but that's the reality already.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 minute ago, Keep The Faith said:

Nothing said about your favourite Kear or Dave gibbons both shouldn’t wear our shirt again 

Both really bad tonight.

But isn't Mr. Gibbons father one of the assistants?....

31 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

I'd agree in general terms with this.

We didn't trouble their line at all,and looked listless all evening....I hope we look to get some big boys in the pack either on loan or DR because if not We're in for a long hard unsuccessful season....sorry but that's the reality already.

We did trouble their line but our halves couldn’t open a tin of beans we missed woods all over again tonight 

we couldn’t barge over tonight so we didn’t score 

Someone want to say what happened missed game today and bit miffed with the 15 man announced squad and the loss were we out played or unlucky 2 games down now and no.points not the best start to the season 

Real shocker today! Reminded me of last night's Cas game! We had plenty of field position especially the first half but no end product! We just didn't seem at the races today, once all the hussle and bussle started I think for some of our players the game plan went out of the window and the mentality was to hurt as many dewsbury players as possible! What's disappointing is the conditions weren't great today which is usually better for our boys when it comes to grinding out a game, I also think that Leaky should have had more time on the field today it was the only time we had any spark! Dewsbury will enjoy this today and fair play to them, but for batley this game needs to be put to bed quickly as we need to move on as it's a lot tougher game next week! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

We did trouble their line but our halves couldn’t open a tin of beans we missed woods all over again tonight 

we couldn’t barge over tonight so we didn’t score 

You dominated us for the first 20 minutes and it was looking one-sided but you had no final play other than a kick; I don't think any of your players actually made a break. Once we scored with a first bit of skill our heads went up and yours went down. Eventually I ended up disappointed that you scored right at the death.

There was a lot of niggle in the second half, no doubt from both sides, but your players got sucked into seeking revenge and forgetting about the game. One or two are now looking like they are relying upon past performances keeping them in the team, unless you have no other options.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You dominated us for the first 20 minutes and it was looking one-sided but you had no final play other than a kick; I don't think any of your players actually made a break. Once we scored with a first bit of skill our heads went up and yours went down. Eventually I ended up disappointed that you scored right at the death.

There was a lot of niggle in the second half, no doubt from both sides, but your players got sucked into seeking revenge and forgetting about the game. One or two are now looking like they are relying upon past performances keeping them in the team, unless you have no other options.

Correct they are 

26 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Correct they are 

All well and good...and I agree with you....

But who do we replace them with?

We have no one!😆

11 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

2 nd bottom after 2 games not the best start to a season and if we relying on woods being the one to turn us round let's see if he steps up when going gets tough he didn't last year . 

I take it you didn’t go against fev either game he was one of the creative players 

46 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

A fair and accurate summary BSJ.  

Was it JoeB who scored? Who missed tge kick, I'd walked by then....BTW KTF Dave Gibbons made 1 mistake in passing to Whiteley and his dad being a coach proves what, exactly? He's the only other halfback we have, so if one goes down who else steps in? My other 'favourite' Elliot Kear was IMO one of our e vest players today, caught every ball, drove it back well, tried valiantly to look fir and made the only half break we had. The absence of Butterworth is open to varying degrees of conjecture (add to that the same about our International) but someone has to play #1 and Kear did it as well as anyone.

Edited by phildog

21 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I take it you didn’t go against fev either game he was one of the creative players 

Yeah, we're missing him badly.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Was it JoeB who scored? Who missed tge kick, I'd walked by then....BTW KTF Dave Gibbons made 1 mistake in passing to Whiteley and his dad being a coach proves what, exactly? He's the only other halfback we have, so if one goes down who else steps in? My other 'favourite' Elliot Kear was IMO one of our e vest players today, caught every ball, drove it back well, tried valiantly to look for and made the only half break we had. The absence of Butterworth is open to varying degrees of conjecture (add to that the same about our International) but someone has to play #1 and Kear did it as well as anyone.

Gibbons is a poor signing as someone shouted out tonight a poor man’s gaz Moore from wish 

Jonny isn’t a full back he’s a winger or centre… Joe burton is a winger at championship level a good player…  Kear is not as effective at full back he’s a winger but won’t play unless dale or Joe drop in form 

josh woods is missed by us if he doesn’t play we don’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s 

We missed Flynn and Butterworth for different reasons tonight 

hopefully we get a result next weekend or we are in the dog fight

brandon Moore what a signing from the club  

14 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Nothing said about your favourite Dave gibbons shouldn’t wear our shirt again 

As disappointed as we all are, I think singling players out for this kind of criticism after two games is wrong.

Watching that game during the first 20 mins we would all have thought nothing but a Batley win.

Dewsbury's defence was very very good imo and we have to credit that massively not just say it's Batley who cant attack

Let's remember ...on another day we get two early tries and and in the second half their interception doesn't go to hand and their brilliant 40/20 doesn't come off..it's a totally different game then.

Let's stick together and realise all games this year will be tricky.... Onwards....

• Like 4

Mitsias is a winger more than a centre, JBurton is a centre more than a winger, Kear isn't a winger, played most of his career AND INTERNATIONALLY as a centre. Mitsias isn't the only one left wondering why he was brought over either. It's OK saying that we'll need all the squad at sometime, Mitsias will be better in dry weather (when's that going to be then?) etc etc by which time it'll be too late for digging us out of a downward battle. We can't use hard games v Fev n Cas as an excuse either, they should have battle-hardened us, not exposed an underbelly. Players need a time together on Tuesday to sort this between themselves, it's gard enough going to Halifax on the back of a win; going when you've just been spanked, well....