Mid Season International

With just 14 weeks to go, are we looking forward to England playing no one?

Any predictions for who won't be in the squad or what the score won't be?

Does anyone know any good bars or pubs close to nowhere?

Should be the perfect warm up for no internationals in the Autumn too.

• Haha 2

After the Leigh game on Saturday, a few of us were discussing having a weekend in Cork in November. One lad questioned whether we should hang on booking until we know more about the England games. Fair to say he was significantly outvoted. I barely missed an England game 2008-2020 but the apathy is contagious. And entirely self-inflicted. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Saturday June 29th Toulouse 

15-00 France Women v England Women

18-00 France v England 

21-00 Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers 

Stade Toulousian 

Paul

Brilliant. Could you just send me any official confirmation of this and a link to buy tickets?

19 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Thanks. Do you know what the hold up is? The delay seems crazy.

No idea heard that Stade Toulosian had signed off on it last week.

Then had green light from the president to start work on sponsorships.

2 hours ago, sam4731 said:

With just 14 weeks to go, are we looking forward to England playing no one?

Any predictions for who won't be in the squad or what the score won't be?

Does anyone know any good bars or pubs close to nowhere?

Should be the perfect warm up for no internationals in the Autumn too.

I know one or two bars close to nowhere. Nice boozers, ballache to get to though 

11 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Saturday June 29th Toulouse 

15-00 France Women v England Women

18-00 France v England 

21-00 Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers 

Stade Toulousian 

Paul

Is that really 3 games spread over 8 hours ?!?! I love this sport, but I'd struggle to do even 2 of those games. Longs gaps between games is such a mood buster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stookie said:

Is that really 3 games spread over 8 hours ?!?! I love this sport, but I'd struggle to do even 2 of those games. Longs gaps between games is such a mood buster.

Wait until you hear that it's confirmation of the 1200 game that is holding the announcement up.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

After the Leigh game on Saturday, a few of us were discussing having a weekend in Cork in November. One lad questioned whether we should hang on booking until we know more about the England games. Fair to say he was significantly outvoted. I barely missed an England game 2008-2020 but the apathy is contagious. And entirely self-inflicted. 

Fair play.. its not even apathy its the inability to understand that the conversation you are having are being had by groups across the country and families who are all having to decide on holidays to get the longest run in to pay for them. Most summer holidays will already be booked and part paid for for families (probably months ago) so anything put on now in the holidays will be hit by that. Just a bit of forward planning and people will/can work around it, its really not that tough to understand. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stookie said:

That's what i have been told 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, stookie said:

I can remember going to Old Trafford to watch Academy Final at 11.30, Second Division Premiership Final at 1.30 and the Premiership Final at 3.30.

Not possible today - games last longer and so do warm-up routines.

• Like 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

I can remember going to Old Trafford to watch Academy Final at 11.30, Second Division Premiership Final at 1.30 and the Premiership Final at 3.30.

I also remember the ground filling up during the first game for the second. People did the same then as they do now - go for the one game they want to see and maybe catch some of the rest.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

56 minutes ago, Griff said:

Those stupid, stupid warm up routines. Does anyone actually enjoy them? Does the RFL and NRL think they pass as pre-match entertainment??

Previously, at least in Aus, the teams warmed up on the training paddocks, the games were less than 45 minutes apart, and either there was some form of pre match entertainment (quite often pretty bad), or there was criticism about the lack of it. I HATE IT and I go to less games because of it, mainly the gap between games.

Anyway, sorry, off topic. Back on topic and to answer the question, I once went to this fine establishment, and it's my suggestion for a good place close to nowhere:
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Daly+Waters+Pub/@-15.1819273,128.4477802,2124540m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x2ca9a77a62fbc8ed:0x807329d11f037512!8m2!3d-16.2536786!4d133.3695899!16s%2Fg%2F1thmz0xz?hl=en&entry=ttu