Midland game

Yorks Tim

Paga really impressed me at Midlands last season. TBH it looked like we'd gone there expecting to hammer them and they raced into a lead and were all over us. Then Paga's chasing down seemed to galvanise the team and we ran out winners. After that he seemed to be off the lead a bit and lost his discipline for me. With the experienced heads in the current squad (and his need to be better to get in the team( I think he'll get even better ad more consistent for us. Hope so anyway; the lad is definitely a talent.

• Like 3

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Good result but poor performance yesterday. Full credit to Midlands who played really well and targeted our lack of mobility at halfback (I should point out that Danny played well despite his injury). I don’t normally single people out but thought that Ellis was poor. As soon as Logan was introduced (far too late in my opinion), movement and ball distribution sped up and we looked like a different team. The score definitely does not reflect the game. Make no mistake, this was a struggle. We will have to raise our game significantly when we play Keighley. I’m sure we will.

• Like 4

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'd get as much pace in the middle as possible. This will mean leaving Ellis out and bringing PLT at scrum half with Astley at full back and Craven at stand off.

We need as many points as we can get. I know the argument about beating Keighley three times - I can't see it happening. One win each and a draw does mean it goes down to points difference.

Stats-

PLT-3 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle breaks. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=75m

Agoro-3 tackles. one tackle break. 9 carries=75m

Wardle- 8 tackles. one tackle break. one try assist. 6 carries=51m

Turner-10 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle breaks. one try assist. 13 carries=88m

Tyrer-5 tackles. 12 tackle breaks. one clean break. 10 carries=54m

Craven-19 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle breaks. one try assist. one clean break. 7 carries=37m

Ellis-8 tackles. 3 misses. 2 try assists. 3 carries=10m

Kopzcak-18 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 12 carries=120m

Wildie-44 tackles. one try assist. 6 carries=38m

J Chapelhow-22 tackles. one miss. 13 carries=99m

Gallagher-22 tackles. one miss. 6 carries=44m

Lawton-20 tackles. 3 misses. 2 tackle breaks. one try assist. 10 carries=65m

Taylor-30 tackles. one miss.  one tackle break. one try assist. 8 carries=68m

subs

Astley-N/A

T Chapelhow-22 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle breaks. 10 carries=93m

Farnworth-19 tackles. one miss. 5 carries=46m

Hirst-18 tackles. one miss.  5 tackle breaks. one clean break. 10 carries=97m

Interesting watching the game back after not being at the game. Hirst and Ted Chapelhow were our best players by a mile. PLT looked great on the highlights but was really poor in the first half making a lot of errors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2024 at 13:55, jroyales said:

We need as many points as we can get.

Agreed. We have to amass as many points as possible, at every opportunity.

No room for sentiment. We have to do exactly what Keighley did to Newcastle when they played them a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2024 at 16:31, m brooksy said:

St PLT looked great on the highlights but was really poor in the first half making a lot of errors.

Having watched the game this morning I'd have doubts about starting PLT against Keighley, too many errors, but I'd want him on the bench in case we are behind late on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1