Hull FC offer Tex Hoy to other SL clubs…

5 hours ago, BristolDevonCharlie said:

surely London are the front running. Especially given that they are, reportedly, £700k under the salary cap currently. 

Do not get my hopes up please...😟

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

16 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Do not get my hopes up please...😟

As much as Hoy would probably be an improvement on Walker, a FB is really not what is needed at the moment.

Perhaps we can get a couple of Hull's big forwards instead.

1 hour ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer, as they say. Every time I've watched him play he's done next to nothing on attack despite showing some fancy glimpses, and then made some very half-hearted defensive efforts. Bottom line is if he was playing really well then he'd be in the team ripping it up every week, and Hull would be much the better for it. But he isn't, and they're not. Reading some of the comments on twitter defending him and slating Smith/Hull, it sounds like they're describing James Tedesco! But from my experiences watching him he seems more like Hull's equivalent of Latrell Mitchell... Doesn't do anywhere near enough good stuff, especially considering that he's probably one of Hull's higher paid players.

Just responding to your comment re him never having a decent game.  The reason that game stands out to me is that we sat with the Hull FC fans at Newcastle and gave our pre match opinions that we thought Hoy and Griffin were pants.  Both gave top notch performances.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer, as they say. Every time I've watched him play he's done next to nothing on attack despite showing some fancy glimpses, and then made some very half-hearted defensive efforts. Bottom line is if he was playing really well then he'd be in the team ripping it up every week, and Hull would be much the better for it. But he isn't, and they're not. Reading some of the comments on twitter defending him and slating Smith/Hull, it sounds like they're describing James Tedesco! But from my experiences watching him he seems more like Hull's equivalent of Latrell Mitchell... Doesn't do anywhere near enough good stuff, especially considering that he's probably one of Hull's higher paid players.

Nobody is suggesting he’s in Tedesco’s class but saying he’s been one of the better players in a poor team. It’s difficult to shine when the pack is already beaten before they step on the pitch. Does Tedesco stand out whenever the Roosters get battered?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Missed out on half back signings closed season.

Hookem is a case that has puzzled me.  England academy representative half back who is on his 6th club at 21 years of age.  We have to back these kids and take the pain of waiting for them to mature.

Completely baffled me too, mate.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Hull FC's in-house reporter Hull Daily Mail's Dan Tomlinson here with a suspiciously- well-timed article deflecting from the current crisis updating FC fans on how Tex Hoy leaving is part of a coherent plan to bring in anyone still lying around some top talent to drive the club forwards.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-fc-explore-new-signing-9213418

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Just responding to your comment re him never having a decent game.  The reason that game stands out to me is that we sat with the Hull FC fans at Newcastle and gave our pre match opinions that we thought Hoy and Griffin were pants.  Both gave top notch performances.

If I had a quid every time I slated a player for him to then end up being man-of-the-match I would be a wealthy man! Now watch Tex Hoy join a new club and become Man of Steel! This (amongst many other reasons) is why I'm not a rugby league coach 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Hull are also in discussions with a number of potential investors to give the club a boost off the field.

For any Hull supporter that's the most encouraging sentence in that article. Whether it leads to anything substantial is another matter but we need some new blood and some new money at the top.

• Like 5

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

33 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Nobody is suggesting he’s in Tedesco’s class but saying he’s been one of the better players in a poor team. It’s difficult to shine when the pack is already beaten before they step on the pitch. Does Tedesco stand out whenever the Roosters get battered?

I think it's more difficult for halves to shine in those circumstances, but fullbacks can still play really well and demonstrate lots of positive qualities in a losing side. I just haven't seen any of that from Hoy in any games I've seen him play over the last 2 years.

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

For any Hull supporter that's the most encouraging sentence in that article. Whether it leads to anything substantial is another matter but we need some new blood and some new money at the top.

Yes ultimately that's the core issue eh: Pearson doesn't have the funds to enable the club to spend much beyond its revenues, which is the only way to be a sustainable top 6 club until our TV rights become much more valuable. Teams like Salford can have a good year or two through good recruitment and management, but realistically keeping that up without spending £500k-£1m beyond-your-means each season is just very, very difficult. 

22 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Yes ultimately that's the core issue eh: Pearson doesn't have the funds to enable the club to spend much beyond its revenues, which is the only way to be a sustainable top 6 club until our TV rights become much more valuable. Teams like Salford can have a good year or two through good recruitment and management, but realistically keeping that up without spending £500k-£1m beyond-your-means each season is just very, very difficult. 

Spot on.

One big positives for Hull is the young players that are coming through. I was impressed with Moy when he came on and Charles looks like he’s going to be a good player. 
A few good signings will help but long term success is based on bringing quality juniors through 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

One big positives for Hull is the young players that are coming through. I was impressed with Moy when he came on and Charles looks like he’s going to be a good player. 
A few good signings will help but long term success is based on bringing quality juniors through 

Bringing youngsters through is all well and good but across the city Rovers seem to be having more success on the field with bought in ready made players and zero home grown.   

• Confused 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

21 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Bringing youngsters through is all well and good but across the city Rovers seem to be having more success on the field with bought in ready made players and zero home grown.   

Zero?

21 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Currently they’re having more on field success but as Leeds, St Helens and Wigan have shown, as well as Penrith in the NRL, bringing a steady stream of academy players through is better for long term success

10 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Ironically he only got a SL gig because you had to be an ex NRL coach or coach of an international team at the time IIRC. He was the coach of Japan!

Eh how do you work that out? he replaced John Kear who definitely wasn't an ex NRL coach, i think you've just made that up.

• Like 1

Is it just my memory being a bit hazy or is this just yet another overseas flop signed for FC to leave his contract early? i seem to remember it happening a few times but i could be wrong.

6 hours ago, meast said:

Best player?

I've seen nothing of Hoy to even remotely suggest he's Hull's best player.

From what I've seen of this year, McIntosh and Staveley are the two that I've impressed with.

Not saying he has been playing really well. Nobody has for Hull, I just thought he was the only player in the first half on Good Friday that even looked SL standard in a Hull FC jersey.

Always rated him at Newcastle Knights though obviously he was always going to be stuck behind Ponga.

i have no idea whether he is a disruptive individual or not as I don’t follow Hull super closely as I am not a supporter of the club but a Wigan fan.

9 hours ago, BristolDevonCharlie said:

Why would Kear need a Visa mate!?! 😆

I never said he did, Gomersall said TS got the job at Huddersfield as it was a requirement that SL coaches had to be from overseas at the time, i pointed out that as TS had replaced Kear then this is clearly not true, not sure what exactly his point was to be honest.