The NRL Round 7 Thread

Looks like Fogarty's out, as if Canberra didn't have enough problems.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I think it was in response to @DavidM before the season started when he said he saw no improvement in St. George this year that I stated that Flanagan was a winner and this would be reflected in our results, I recall you agreeing, notwithstanding the obvious bias a Sharks fan would have. Not much I have seen or heard so far changes my view on this, it seems that the players really want to perform for him. Btw, great to see Kyle Flanagan probably playing the best football of his career.

Yeah, I am pretty happy for Kyle. I think he has been made a cheap scapegoat at his last two clubs. I love that he has stayed determined and just got up each time he has been knocked down. He’s by no means the best half in the comp, but I am pleased he has been given another chance and he is giving it a real good crack.

Gold Coast just don’t have the mental resilience to get over the line. Their goal line (and general) defence is shocking. Foran showed why he is still one of the best halves in the comp. 

The Titans will be livid about the Manly try on half time, not only was there an obstruction in there but Saab threw the pass about 3 metres forward to Turbo. No wonder Foran was blowing up

I dont think i’ve seen someone get into full pace from basically standing still like Reece Walsh does . He’s an incredible attacking weapon. That game also saw one of the all time great tackles on the poor young full back 

10 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I did it.

My first ever full Super Saturday.

it took training and commitment but I made it. I'll not lie, it got tough towards the end as we slogged through the rain in Brisbane, and I had to dig deep.

All credit to the boys.

Vonnie, after the game, "I thought Mark had a big game today. Played every minute. He really put his hand up and had a dig."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, myemoh said:

The Cowboys certainly are having a hard time winning away from home

It doesn't make any sense. When they're used to training and playing in the tropics it should give them an advantage when they come to Sydney on a mild sunny day. Maybe one of the reasons they finished 3rd in 2022 is because they only had 5 games in Sydney - they lost 3 of them.

18 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I did it.

My first ever full Super Saturday.

it took training and commitment but I made it. I'll not lie, it got tough towards the end as we slogged through the rain in Brisbane, and I had to dig deep.

All credit to the boys.

All very well Mark, but was it a fluke, a one off?

p.s. you’ll be tipping games next…

Edited by Graham