Match thread: Championship Round 6. Whitehaven v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 28th April 2024.

Cannot see the benefit of bringing Tanner  halfway across the world to play half a game to get him match fit and then not play him. .Strange?

Tanner looked class for me last week. Can't see why he isn't playing unless he's injured again

Massey is a waste of time it seems. 

16-20 half time. Our goal-line defence is a turnstyle at the moment. Poor from featherstone. Turner been quiet leaving jones who isn't a halfback to control the game. Hopefully we come out better 2nd half 

59 minutes ago, haskey said:

It seems like a right tow 24-28 ?

Did you expect it to be a walk in the park? Never easy after a long trek upto Whitehaven and missing Lacans, Haven were not going to make it easy either, BUT we definitely need to sort out the edges where a lot of the tries are going in. 

Well we certainly won't miss anything if he leaves but if that's the case it will be interesting to hear the club statement as the situation does seem very Yei-like and clearly the official line on his departure was not entirely the truth............

It's Massey that has me puzzled.Unless we signed him on pay when you play terms and i don't think he would stand for that.If he was an exceptional player who would make a difference in the harder games maybe worth it but i just can't feel easy about his signing.As for today a win is a win they have come to FEV a couple of times and turned us over when massive underdogs.We can't expect the team to perform seamlessly with loan players coming in,no settled half backs  and the team line up changing from week to week.I still have us finishing about 6th any higher will be a reasonably good season.

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Well we certainly won't miss anything if he leaves but if that's the case it will be interesting to hear the club statement as the situation does seem very Yei-like and clearly the official line on his departure was not entirely the truth............

Something on Facebook about Massey having issues away from rugby, but don't trust a word our CEO says about anything either. 

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

the situation does seem very Yei-like and clearly the official line on his departure was not entirely the truth............

What part wasn't the truth? I know the club stated that he was taking some time away from the game to focus on his rehabilitation but we can't control what he does after he's left us. He said in his signing video for Oldham that he was intending going home until Oldham came in for him. He's admitted too that he's still a month away from being ready to play, the only thing I've seen that wasn't exactly the truth was that in the interview it was claimed that he had a four-game ban to serve during that time anyway whereas in fact his ban has already been served.

1 hour ago, Cas rover said:

Something on Facebook about Massey having issues away from rugby, but don't trust a word our CEO says about anything either. 

Massey was sat with James Ford prior to the game along the pitch side cos I was talking to them both, perhaps I should have asked him why he wasn’t playing. 

Im Fev and im proud

9 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

It's Massey that has me puzzled.Unless we signed him on pay when you play terms and i don't think he would stand for that.If he was an exceptional player who would make a difference in the harder games maybe worth it but i just can't feel easy about his signing.As for today a win is a win they have come to FEV a couple of times and turned us over when massive underdogs.We can't expect the team to perform seamlessly with loan players coming in,no settled half backs  and the team line up changing from week to week.I still have us finishing about 6th any higher will be a reasonably good season.

The loan players are helping us if we didn’t have butterworth we’d have jones at 9 and bowes back back in the halves 

we’ve only got 1 fit centre at the club 

And Gorman at full back replaced aekins who had family issues in the week 

if we wasn’t with kr we would be in a considerably worse position 

1 minute ago, Rovers fev said:

The loan players are helping us if we didn’t have butterworth we’d have jones at 9 and bowes back back in the halves 

Totally agree, it's the squad depth that's the problem having to use DR means different players every week no chance to learn plays or defensive structures would be better to have loan deals but won't spend any money ! Hope we get a few injured players back soon.

9 minutes ago, Cas rover said:

Totally agree, it's the squad depth that's the problem having to use DR means different players every week no chance to learn plays or defensive structures would be better to have loan deals but won't spend any money ! Hope we get a few injured players back soon.

Won't spend any money, or haven't got any money to spend?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

24 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

I wasn't criticising using loan players we clearly need them and they improve the team strength.And i like KR as a club it's good to see two ex Championship teams in them and Leigh doing well in SL.I thought Haven would be a difficult game and also had Barrow away somwhere we always seem to do well at as potential losses.The way Barrow are playing at the moment we should be ok up there.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

What part wasn't the truth? I know the club stated that he was taking some time away from the game to focus on his rehabilitation but we can't control what he does after he's left us. He said in his signing video for Oldham that he was intending going home until Oldham came in for him. He's admitted too that he's still a month away from being ready to play, the only thing I've seen that wasn't exactly the truth was that in the interview it was claimed that he had a four-game ban to serve during that time anyway whereas in fact his ban has already been served.

Not sure it has. His leaving was announced on 6th April before what would have been the 1st match of his ban and signed for Oldham earlier this week which I'd have thought meant their match at Hurricanes would count as the 1st?

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure it has. His leaving was announced on 6th April before what would have been the 1st match of his ban and signed for Oldham earlier this week which I'd have thought meant their match at Hurricanes would count as the 1st?

Oh that's a good point. I was just working from the date of his disciplinary whereas of course if he wasn't attached to a club he wouldn't have been judged to have served it. My bad.

• Like 1