Sat 4th May: SL: Leigh Leopards v Castleford Tigers KO 17:30 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/24 at 17:00

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

If you’ve got the facility, go back to last night and press play on to the next programme and press play at the start. Should get the last 2 minutes.

Thanks Cheadle, no idea you could do that.  How daft that even though I knew it was a draw I was shouting ‘Go, go’ to Hoy in the last play of the game!

• Haha 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, even with the disappointment of not achieving both points. There was some mistakes by both teams, some excellent football by both teams, some missed and some very good defenses, the draw was the right result in the end. I said in the early part of this thread that Leigh would win with 20+, that was based on how good we have been defensively in the last 2 games v Wire and Catalan so scoring 28 points was about what I expected, what I didn't expect was how Cas would use the ball so comprehensively, their central play makers created so many 4 on 3's and 3 on 2's on the outsides - both sides - with good quick  balls which was something both Wire and Cats were not capable of doing in the two previous weeks which gave us the opportunity to tackle them Cas didn't, well played to them.

I have been critical if Zac Hardacre in the last few games, but yesterday he hit a new low with his total inability to do anything with ball in hand, he no longer has any pace or any ability to beat a man and his capability to pass a ball is non existent, good play and passing movements stop when the ball reaches him, what Mr Lam now sees in him is unfathomable.

Lastly, if either of these clubs are demoted under this charade of a system we are now operating, by not having the ability to do what we all pay for to watch the game which is to gain points on a league ladder, then there is something sadly wrong with the sport.

• Like 2

I missed HKR and Saints which was great by all accounts and this match was fun as well. At the start of the season I wasn't that bothered that I was missing games in the pub and dropping the season ticket seemed a good move. Now that things have settled down a lot we now have more 13 v 13 games and tbf it's a fair product. It's a different game from the first few months and much better for it. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, even with the disappointment of not achieving both points. There was some mistakes by both teams, some excellent football by both teams, some missed and some very good defenses, the draw was the right result in the end. I said in the early part of this thread that Leigh would win with 20+, that was based on how good we have been defensively in the last 2 games v Wire and Catalan so scoring 28 points was about what I expected, what I didn't expect was how Cas would use the ball so comprehensively, their central play makers created so many 4 on 3's and 3 on 2's on the outsides - both sides - with good quick  balls which was something both Wire and Cats were not capable of doing in the two previous weeks which gave us the opportunity to tackle them Cas didn't, well played to them.

I have been critical if Zac Hardacre in the last few games, but yesterday he hit a new low with his total inability to do anything with ball in hand, he no longer has any pace or any ability to beat a man and his capability to pass a ball is non existent, good play and passing movements stop when the ball reaches him, what Mr Lam now sees in him is unfathomable.

Lastly, if either of these clubs are demoted under this charade of a system we are now operating, by not having the ability to do what we all pay for to watch the game which is to gain points on a league ladder, then there is something sadly wrong with the sport.

The soft underbelly of Leigh's defence was sadly back after a couple of more encouraging performances. Dwyer allowed a gap in the middle of the defensive line again, just like he did for Burgess at HKR, and somehow Hardaker allowed Hoy to run through him.

Agree on Hardaker, unless his defence is up to it, then he's offering little, and you may as well replace get McIntosh into the backline in his place. 

On the plus side, I think Trout continues his improvement, and another game of nearly 40 tackles without any being missed for Halton. Maybe he is developing into the defensive back rower that Moylan will need on his side should he move back to stand off.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The soft underbelly of Leigh's defence was sadly back after a couple of more encouraging performances. Dwyer allowed a gap in the middle of the defensive line again, just like he did for Burgess at HKR, and somehow Hardaker allowed Hoy to run through him.

Agree on Hardaker, unless his defence is up to it, then he's offering little, and you may as well replace get McIntosh into the backline in his place. 

On the plus side, I think Trout continues his improvement, and another game of nearly 40 tackles without any being missed for Halton. Maybe he is developing into the defensive back rower that Moylan will need on his side should he move back to stand off.

Moylan in my opinion should stay put, I know we disagree but I am still not convinced that young Ben is the right player for No6 his inexperience shows through for me, you may well counter with unless he plays he will not gain that experience, but whilst we have a player in the club who has the required experience at 6 in O'Brien when fit I would at least try him there to see how he and the team responds. 

And yes McIntosh In for Hardacre, he can do no worse.

Edited by Harry Stottle

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Moylan in my opinion should stay put, I know we disagree but I am still not convinced that young Ben is the right player for No6 his inexperience shows through for me, you may well counter with unless he plays he will not gain that experience, but whilst we have a player in the club who has the required experience at 6 in O'Brien when fit I would at least try him there to see how he and the team responds. 

And yes McIntosh In for Hardacre, he can do no worse.

I agree that O'Brien should come back in when fit, and wouldn't feel strongly either way who plays full back or stand off when both him and Moylan are in the team. I just felt, and still do, that McNamara should stay in the team while O'Brien is out, rather than bringing McIntosh in to play full back.

46 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I agree that O'Brien should come back in when fit, and wouldn't feel strongly either way who plays full back or stand off when both him and Moylan are in the team. I just felt, and still do, that McNamara should stay in the team while O'Brien is out, rather than bringing McIntosh in to play full back.

OK misunderstood, I thought you wanted to retain McNamara in the team, but as for McIntosh he has to replace Zac, there is nowhere else for Zac to go, including McIntosh we will have 3 choices of FB ahead of him when all available, and as we agree on he is as much use in the centre as a button on a sock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corvusxiii said:

I missed HKR and Saints which was great by all accounts and this match was fun as well. At the start of the season I wasn't that bothered that I was missing games in the pub and dropping the season ticket seemed a good move. Now that things have settled down a lot we now have more 13 v 13 games and tbf it's a fair product. It's a different game from the first few months and much better for it. 

Just referring to your final sentence.  IMHO the clampdown at the start of the season, however disruptive in some games, has to led to a reduction of head high tackles and penalties.  So the clampdown has achieved a positive outcome.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Moylan can stay where he is, seems to be working quite well.

I’ll happily give Hardaker a lift to a final destination of his choosing. 

Yep. Thought he had a good game defensively against Catalans, but those good games are getting rarer. May as well get an attacking threat down that side if he’s going to get outmuscled by Tex Hoy. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Just referring to your final sentence.  IMHO the clampdown at the start of the season, however disruptive in some games, has to led to a reduction of head high tackles and penalties.  So the clampdown has achieved a positive outcome.

I know what your saying but I couldn't honestly say that this is the case imo. What I am more sure of is what were Sin Bins and Sending Offs leading to x match bans are now simple penalties which is so much better. Not sure there are less of them now. Keep this quiet but I might be enjoying games these days. I know, I know....

• Like 2

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Moylan can stay where he is, seems to be working quite well.

I’ll happily give Hardaker a lift to a final destination of his choosing. 

Yep, within walking distance of Featherstone ! 

Just finished it

Wow...what an ending ...loved it...that is why we are the TGG

Milnes must have have ice in his veins...kicking consecutively from either side, away from home under the most scoreboard pressure possible ....like a young me

Not sure the BBC headline of "Leigh fight back to earn draw with Cas" makes sense though....it was Cas who fought back from 24-10 down