Fri 3rd May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 19:45 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/24 at 19:30

Enjoyed that , but frustrated at some of Salfords poor discipline. Two yellows?   Their league position is pleasing, though. I trust they can keep it up. 

23 minutes ago, MZH said:

Just seen the red card incident. Ridiculous. You wouldn't even get sent off for that in football.

I've just seen it too.

From what I've seen of Tom Grant so far, he's got a lot to learn.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

We are awful at home and our home is awful, once again we fail to score or even look like scoring in the 1st half then decide to actually play like we do away from home with 7 minutes left, we did this against Hull KR too.

We nearly snatched something at the end but we didn't deserve it.

The red card was an awful call i felt even though he probably got it for intent or for retaliating, can;t really blame the kid though when he's getting sledged like that, about time ref's started penalising the guy who starts it in these situations.

Ah well we'll be away again soon enough!.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

All teams - yes, including those I support - seem to think it is acceptable to try and wind up an opposition player who has just committed an error, such as a knock-on.  It was this that led to the sending off at Huddersfield tonight.

On another thread, I recently said that, of all the sports about the rules of which I have a reasonable knowledge,  RL is unique in being the only one in which some laws are just arbitrarily ignored.

A player is guilty of misconduct if he  "behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game."   If refs routinely enforced this by penalising the wind-up merchants, the problem would soon disappear.  Why don't they, I wonder. 

Just what i've been saying all night, why in this sport can you goad someone, make contact with them, shove them etc when they make a mistake but if they retaliate they get punished, it's madness, absolute madness at times.

I'd love to see someone, including Mr Connor, get a right good smack in the chops one of these days for doing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Just what i've been saying all night, why in this sport can you goad someone, make contact with them, shove them etc when they make a mistake but if they retaliate they get punished, it's madness, absolute madness at times.

I'd love to see someone, including Mr Connor, get a right good smack in the chops one of these days for doing it.

A couple of seasons ago it was punished but as with all these things once teams stop doing it it creeps back and refs forget the directive.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

20 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Connor got 3 of them against Saints without ref intervention didn’t he?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

All teams - yes, including those I support - seem to think it is acceptable to try and wind up an opposition player who has just committed an error, such as a knock-on.  It was this that led to the sending off at Huddersfield tonight.

On another thread, I recently said that, of all the sports about the rules of which I have a reasonable knowledge,  RL is unique in being the only one in which some laws are just arbitrarily ignored.

A player is guilty of misconduct if he  "behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game."   If refs routinely enforced this by penalising the wind-up merchants, the problem would soon disappear.  Why don't they, I wonder. 

Fans of almost every other sport would disagree.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Pretty harsh to march young Wallis for rubbing his forehead into Lafai.. It wasn't a headbutt.

Just a penalty IMO. That's killed this game off.

I thought it was harsh too but reading the rules of the game as far as I can make out deliberate head to head contact is a straight red.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ellandback said:

I thought it was harsh too but reading the rules of the game as far as I can make out deliberate head to head contact is a straight red.  

I think a warning would have been more sensible given the nature of the coming together. I don't want to see silly moments like these though, with players losing their head.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daz39 said:

That's exactly the response they are after, so the retaliator is penalised or binned or thrown out.  It's up to the coaches to manage it out of the game.

18 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Connor got 3 of them against Saints without ref intervention didn’t he?

well yes but as was discussed last week if it's on JC it seems it's acceptable, i highly doubt an opponent reacting to Jake doing that wouldn't be the punished one!