The NRL Round 10 Thread

Tapuha gets his first try in First Grade. Big lad.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wishart deserves that try. He's been really good.

Meaney guides it through from near to the side-line to tie us up, going into the last 10.

Good game between Melbourne's movement and the Sharks physicality.

Posted (edited)

Atkinson slots the FG from out in front and Ronaldo then splits the Storm with his footwork up the middle from the kick-off to release Talakai to run home unopposed.

Sharks' solidity and physicality has rattled Melbourne. 

Really good away win that shows that they are the real deal in 2024.

Edited by StandOffHalf

Atkinson's been a star.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Harsh sin bin for Grant's contact on the kicker.

18 hours ago, Graham said:

That was an appalling decision. There was no intent at all. A crafty wink from the kicker says it all.

18 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Grants one of those players who thinks he’s cleverer than he is. Trying to be cute and ends up giving away more than he wins. 

I actually think he was being very cheeky and did what he did deliberately in order to put Atkinson off his game. I thought the sin bin was fully deserved.

Phew, I needed the Titans to hold on following two of my tips going south on Saturday, Another example though of how injuries impct on the NRL with Brimson and Foran off sparking a late Cows revival that ended up just short.😅

Yesterday, I felt that Wests lost it when Bateman did not come out for the second half. That saide needs a couple of players to steer them around and the Knights did a good job in slowing down the ruck. A more comfortable Knights win IMO than the commentators suggested.

SGI v Souths yet again Zak Lomax being great against ordinary opposition yet not doing it against the better sides. Souffs had their chances in the game.

BIG result was Sharkies win at Melbourne, When it was announced midway through the first half of Wests v Knights that Nicho Hynes was not playing I thought that was it for Cronulla. They proved me wrong and now need to be thought of as genuine contenders with a superb defensive performance. Albiet they were helped by the momentum swing when the NRL became the NFL and Harry Grant was binned for a "roughing the kicker" penalty. Not ruling the Storm out of the Premiership as there is still a long way to go this season.

Roosters beating the underwhelming Wah's setting up a mouthwatering clash with sharkies inj the Magic round with all the games on SKY

"I picked these lads thinking they were ready and clearly some of them are not. I'm not blaming the players"

Paul Farbrace - Sussex CCC and ex-england coach engaging in Wordspeak....

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Next year's Sharks, with AFB to add to the size of Hazleton and development of Tapuha will be good to watch. They may just be a little bit more than flat track bullies in the near future.

That was a pretty good round. 1 x 2-point margin, 3 x 6 and 1 x 7. Even the bigger margins were teams 5 and 6 beating teams 13 and 14 so predictable. Then there was the never-ending train wreck that is South Sydney where Latrell returned to deliver a typical Latrell performance: scored 2, cost them 2. He's rapidly approaching Benji Marshall status.

• Haha 1

Latrell should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Benji….and you didnt! He is approaching Benji status like I am approaching richard branson status. Same direction but a widening gap.

4 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Next year's Sharks, with AFB to add to the size of Hazleton and development of Tapuha will be good to watch. They may just be a little bit more than flat track bullies in the near future.

Lomax and Fifita added to the Roosters side that did what they did today makes 2025 interesting.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Lomax and Fifita added to the Roosters side that did what they did today makes 2025 interesting.

But the Roosters are losing Manu, Suallii, Keary and JWH for certain. Plus possibly Crighton. Not convinced they will be able to improve much on the current squad.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

But the Roosters are losing Manu, Suallii, Keary and JWH for certain. Plus possibly Crighton. Not convinced they will be able to improve much on the current squad.

Hopefully, Lomax should distribute out to Young more often than Manu does, plus he adds an extra kicking dimension. Suali'i is an excellent player, but hardly a mainstay of the side. Plus he may come back if the RU experience isn't exactly the glorious prize like it was sold to him (or the paycheques start to bounce).

JWH is showing the wear and tear of a long career playing the way he does, but Crichton would be a big loss if he does go.

I can imagine a few quality halves being tempted to become Keary's replacement with all the other strengths the side has.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought Lomax was going to Parramatta.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Good point. I had forgotten he had signed for the Eels.

Edited by Spotty Herbert

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Yes, someone pointed that out elsewhere - I'd got my transfer news mixed up.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson