Sun 12th May: L1: Midlands Hurricanes v Cornwall KO 14:00

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

SUNDAY 12th MAY
Midlands Hurricanes v Cornwall KO 14:00

• Like 1

At the start of the season I would imagine Cornwall were looking at Midlands Hurricanes and thinking we were a potential scalp. They will be bruised from the 72-6 bashing we inflicted on them a couple of weeks ago and I expect them to be a tougher proposition this time as they seek revenge.

Midlands Hurricanes 58 v 16 Cornwall

Hurricanes will win this one. I'd expect a reaction from Cornwall to their recent poor form but Hurricanes are a very decent prospect for a top 6 finish this season.

Was a poor game for about three quarters of its duration with Midlands doing enough to ensure a comfortable win. Then Cornwall upped the intensity and got the proverbial roll on and Hurricanes ddn't have the energy to repel them.

Deserved win for the visitors who wanted it more today. 

• Like 4

Nothing against the Hurricane's as I see them as a growing club who will be pushing for the playoffs, but a big well done to Cornwall nice to see them get a win ,all the travel they do and I felt they played really well against Oldham , hopefully they can kick on and keep improving 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oldham 1 said:

Nothing against the Hurricane's as I see them as a growing club who will be pushing for the playoffs, but a big well done to Cornwall nice to see them get a win ,all the travel they do and I felt they played really well against Oldham , hopefully they can kick on and keep improving 

Given that we spanked them at their spot only a few weeks ago, you have to applaud them for coming up here and getting their revenge. Takes some guts to do that so I have nothing but respect for them today.

In terms of Midlands getting into the end of season play-off battle though I won't be happy if they beat us again when we make the return trip in August.

7 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

Given that we spanked them at their spot only a few weeks ago, you have to applaud them for coming up here and getting their revenge. Takes some guts to do that so I have nothing but respect for them today.

In terms of Midlands getting into the end of season play-off battle though I won't be happy if they beat us again when we make the return trip in August.

Town comfortably beat Cornwall at home, Midlands comfortably beat town away, Cornwall beat Midlands away. Odd league ha ha...

• Like 1

Very disappointing result for Hurricanes that. Fair play to Cornwall though, not easy to pick yourself up and win in that fashion. Hurricanes have shown they are capable of good performances but they seem to tail off at the end of games. Need to get that right or they have no hope of getting into the playoffs 

• Like 1