Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull FC v Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Wigan (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

3. Draw (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

I expect Wigan to bounce back after last week's loss, they need to, to keep the pressure on Warrington as well especially before we go to Leeds next week.

Hull have injuries and suspensions, Roberts is out injured which is a positive as he is not right, we have coley back.

wigan to win 32-8 wink.gif

#3 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hull have injuries all over the place and are struggling for a goal kicker.
Wigan have injuries but no where near as many.
With Coley back and Lockers into his 2nd full game Wigan could post a good win here.

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

A reminder to all Wigan Fans

Hull have only lost once in the SL @ The KC, and once in the CC

Will be a very difficult game..... Wigan haven't lost back to back YET this season.

Hull FC 24 Wigan 26

#5 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Think this will be a hard game for us. Shaun Wane takin over this week why MM is back in Aus, always tough place go KC so not really confidant this week
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

I think we'll be fine. We are an excellent team. We have only lost once away this season and have responded well to our previous defeats. I think having Wane in charge will be good - he will get the boys firing. We just need to win one of our next 2 and we'll be certain to be above Saints and very well placed indeed to stay top.
FC are a terrific team when all their players are fit (for mine a better bet for the GF than Wigan if everyone has all their men fit), but we are playing them at what looks a good time with their having so many injuries.

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,668 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

This Hull FC team will be a very different animal to the one on show in last Thursday's Derby.

That team didn't need coaching, all players knew what was at stake and how important a fixture it was. Friday will be very different. The team will need coaching and there's nobody available up to that particular task unfortunately.

Once again, I'll repeat myself and say Wigan are the best team Hull have played this year, and with Long, Fitz, O'Meley, Tickle, Whiting and a few others unavailable in the Hull ranks, there's only going to be one winner.

Hull 8 Wigan 26.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,668 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Just to add, Hull's 19 man squad sees some rather unfamiliar names in it. Liam Kent, Danny Nicklas, Chris Green and perhaps slightly more familiar, Mike Bennett, included.

http://www.hullfc.co...ontents/?p=6504

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

Wigan's selection will be interesting, with Pryce and Feca in the 19. With Amos out I think we'll go back to having Pryce on the wing and Pat at full back, but Feca's position will be instructive. Had Wigan had Feca and Coley last week would they have made a difference in those conditions against that opposition? Feca has done little to justify his recall but size can matter. It is a key moment for the coaching team - pick on form/fitness or overall need/history?

#10 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

The Pies will make mincemeat out of us. Wigan by 20+.

More importantly, anyone know if the delectable Hanners will be in attendance...? ph34r.gif

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,668 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Any of you lot coming over tomorrow?

Can't say I blame you if not, we had a nightmare journey to the DW on a Friday night a while back and only scraped in for kick off. The nightmare was making it there at all.... sad.gif

Come to think of it, the journey home wasn't much fun either.

#12 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

Hull to win, McGuire's away, and Wigan looked like they lacked direction last week against the Wolves in attack. Agar will have FC pumped up again I reckon, they look like they enjoyed the big occasion more than Belle Vue.

Edited by no13benny, 23 July 2010 - 10:05 AM.

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#13 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Wigan will have more power up front as Coley is back and it's thought Feka will play.
Deacon will start at 6 to give better direction and an improved kicking game.
Sam T will most likely be at full back giving real pace to the outside backs.

Wigan will have to be at their best. No matter who's wearing the black and white they'll give it everything they've got. Looking forward to it.

#14 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

Going quite well, HT Hull 0 Wigan 22 smile.gif
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

34-0.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#16 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

Told ya so.

What a terrible performance from Hull.
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#17 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

0 40. And the Hull fans head for the exits.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#18 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

0 46 FT. 26 points for Pat Richards. Good display from Wigan, but pretty poor from Hull.

#19 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

I think that Wigan picked the right team tonight. With Deacon at 7, Sam at 1 and 4 props we look much better. FC will be a different team once O'Meley, Long and Fitzgibbon are back. They are huge losses.

#20 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 23 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Wigan picked the right team tonight. With Deacon at 7, Sam at 1 and 4 props we look much better. FC will be a different team once O'Meley, Long and Fitzgibbon are back. They are huge losses.

I admire your humility EW, but that was a superb performance by Wigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users