• Admin
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - ISSUE 353 - SEPT 2010
On Sale Friday 6th August
Order a single copy or an annual subscription here
Worldwide delivery

Inside this issue:

There’s a guy works down the chip shop swears he’s Elvis. It’s far from her best work but it’s a line that the late, great singer-songwriter Kirsty MacColl will always be remembered for. By way of a tenuous link, Adam Fogerty is probably best remembered by Rugby League World readers as a hardnut forward at Halifax, Saints and Warrington, but he now runs a chip shop near Huddersfield while rubbing shoulders with Hollywood A-Listers such as Brad Pitt via an improbable but incredibly successful part-time movie career. Check out Gareth Walker’s hugely entertaining interview with the big man: it’s a name-droppers delight.

We’re not sure if any of Adam’s films are available in 3-D, but the recent Wigan-Warrington Super League match certainly was and we’ve got a special report on the likely impact on Rugby League of this new broadcasting technology.

Elsewhere, we tackle a question even the BBC’s political rottweiler Jeremy Paxman would struggle to get a straight answer to: which is the biggest derby game in Rugby League? Is it Hull-Hull KR as featured on our cover, or Wigan-Saints, Leeds-Bradford, Cas-Wakey or Warrington-Widnes? Maybe it’s not all about the big guns, how about Workington-Whitehaven, Oldham-Rochdale or Dewsbury-Batley? All can – and do- stake a claim to the title in our monster 13-page derby feature.

Also in this issue, we welcome the new General Manager of the Rugby League European Federation, Danny Kazandjian into the Guest Room to answer your questions on a range of international development matters, not least of those being an apparent split at the top of the fledgling Italian game. It seems no matter where Rugby League is played and no matter how few people might be involved at the start, there’s always plenty of scope for a fallout. There's also a three page feature on the game in Italy.

On the home front, Saints and England star Kyle Eastmond chats with Jamie Jones-Buchanan about coping with a season-disrupting injury, Stuart Littler discusses his lengthy Salford career, Phil Larder assesses Wigan and Warrington’s chances of Super League glory and we have a special report from Perpignan as the Dragons welcome their 100,000th British fan. We also celebrate Batley Bulldogs’ triumph in the Northern Rail Cup.

NB: You should be able to find a copy of the mag on sale in all good newsagents in the UK – if they don’t have it in stock, ask them to place a regular order for you. You can also order a single copy or a subscription to be delivered by post to any address worldwide by clicking here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

Adam Fogarty's finest moment was surely when he decked Jack Duckworth. I hope you didn't do a whole interview with him and spell his name wrong John. wink.gif

Edited by deluded pom?, 03 August 2010 - 04:00 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thought his chippy burnt down a while back, cracking fish and chips as well even if it is miles outta the way

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#4 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Aug 3 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adam Fogarty's finest moment was surely when he decked Jack Duckworth. I hope you didn't do a whole interview with him and spell his name wrong John. wink.gif

We spell it the way he does. He's not a bloke you'd want to argue with. As Jack Duckworth knows! biggrin.gif

It's a cracking interview. He does nice chips too, so I'm told.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (John Drake @ Aug 3 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We spell it the way he does. He's not a bloke you'd want to argue with. As Jack Duckworth knows! biggrin.gif

My apologies to you and Adam. I typed in his name with an A and his fizzog was on the links. wink.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#6 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

I always thought RLW came out the last Friday of every month? I looked a right numpty in WH Smith's the other day thinking it was out on the Friday and was disappointed last issue sat there on the shelf.

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (John Drake @ Aug 3 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw Adam Fogerty at Hull Fair once.

Did that get me in the name-dropping list?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Aug 3 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw Adam Fogerty at Hull Fair once.

Did that get me in the name-dropping list?

Did he visit your stall?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 3 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did he visit your stall?

No, he didn't reckon the pushbike Wall of Death was for real.

Big tart

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Aug 3 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, he didn't reckon the pushbike Wall of Death was for real.

Big tart

I heard he took a look at the near vertical sides and asked your good lady.."Can he really keep it up for as long as that?" to which she sighed and replied "No".

(Serves you right for picking on me last weekend. tongue.gif )

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Always look forward to getting mine. They should include a pull out and keep page locker in case any anti Warrington articles slip in. biggrin.gif

#12 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 3 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard he took a look at the near vertical sides and asked your good lady.."Can he really keep it up for as long as that?" to which she sighed and replied "No".

(Serves you right for picking on me last weekend. tongue.gif )

The Wall Of Death was a swiz. I never saw anybody get killed.

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 3 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did he visit your stall?

No but he did visit his caravan.

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

I'll admit I haven't even read the current one, must do soon.

Sharn't even bother asking about the boil RLW fails to lance in The Red Hall Diaries because no-one listens, maybe if I ignore it it will go away.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,167 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Aug 4 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sharn't even bother asking about the boil RLW fails to lance in The Red Hall Diaries because no-one listens, maybe if I ignore it it will go away.

Maybe a poll is in order? It might turn out that someone, somewhere likes RHD. ohmy.gif

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#16 bestgameofall

bestgameofall
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Here's a strange one. Last month Liverpool to Norwich, five and half hour train journey. Central liverpool before the journey, looking for Rugby League world to fill a big part of it, not a sausage in any of the newsagents nor at the station. And her I am at a station with trains to Widnes, Saint Helens and the rest.

Coming back, in the middle of the sticks, with train services to the likes of Diss, Great Yarmouth and Brandon, I go to W H Smiths Norwich station, and behold, Rugby League World.

Five and a Half hours to get Rugby League World, worth every minute last month too. Hopefully this months will be as good. Keep up the good work.

#17 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

Can I ask who designed the 'advert' for RLW on the back page of this week's League Express? It looks an absolute mess - shame, because the mag has improved no end since John took over as editor.

#18 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (thirteenthman @ Aug 5 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I ask who designed the 'advert' for RLW on the back page of this week's League Express? It looks an absolute mess - shame, because the mag has improved no end since John took over as editor.

I agree. If I didn't know the mag was excellent already I wouldn't exactly be going out of my way to pick it up this month. Almost gave me a headache! wink.gif
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Futtocks @ Aug 5 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe a poll is in order? It might turn out that someone, somewhere likes RHD. ohmy.gif

I dunno if that many are bothered.

Plus John will get all his mates and RLW colleagues to sign up in order to skew the vote... wink.gif and threaten those with banishment who dare not vote in his favour.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (thirteenthman @ Aug 5 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dug LE out to have a look for myself. Christ on a bike. dry.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users