Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble at Warrington end

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#81 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Sep 1 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Towns like Warrington, Wigan, St Helens, Leeds, Hull, Castleford all have rough areas within them,

Why did you ignore Bradford?

I can only presume it's because the whole place is rough and doesn't actually have rough areas in it?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#82 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 1 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can only presume it's because the whole place is rough and doesn't actually have rough areas in it?
biggrin.gif TBH I could have named all the towns in SL.

#83 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 30 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay heres the picture of the brawling for all to see, courtesy of a mate of mines excellent camera work.

Hey look Hannibal,a WIGAN fan bang in the middle of it all.

Case rested m'lud. rolleyes.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#84 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 1 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You chopped out the key phrase "happy to get involved" - nobody is happy to get involved at Bradford, troublemaking or otherwise. dry.gif
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#85 IanRhodes1966

IanRhodes1966
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

Been to the last 10 cup finals and this is the 1st time ive seen fighting in the ground
Been to 3 of the fa cup finals at wembley and not one bit of trouble in or out of the ground

IMO football as sorted it hooligans out Not saying it does not go on but with cctv at all grounds its moved elswere and thats not football problem

i herd they had been a stabbing in the greyhound pub after the game but not herd anything since

#86 JWAD

JWAD
  • Coach
  • 14,332 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (IanRhodes1966 @ Sep 1 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO football as sorted it hooligans out Not saying it does not go on but with cctv at all grounds its moved elswere and thats not football problem

Far from it.
If soccer (I take you mean Brit or English soccer) had "sorted its hooligans out", there'd be no more trouble on match day, no need for expensive extra police security or even segregation.

Simply shoving it under the carpet doesn't make the problem go away.

#87 IanRhodes1966

IanRhodes1966
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (JWAD @ Sep 1 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Far from it.
If soccer (I take you mean Brit or English soccer) had "sorted its hooligans out", there'd be no more trouble on match day, no need for expensive extra police security or even segregation.

Simply shoving it under the carpet doesn't make the problem go away.

when was the last time you saw fighting in a ground in the uk
not including west ham v millwall last season (that happens every time they play)
its now to dear to get a ticket for a prem game
my team chelsea its up too 65 a ticket and that is too much for the working class lads that went to the bridge in the 70s and 80s

the book the familey game summed up fighting in rugby league in the 70s n 80s

#88 JWAD

JWAD
  • Coach
  • 14,332 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (IanRhodes1966 @ Sep 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when was the last time you saw fighting in a ground in the uk
not including west ham v millwall last season (that happens every time they play)
its now to dear to get a ticket for a prem game
my team chelsea its up too 65 a ticket and that is too much for the working class lads that went to the bridge in the 70s and 80s

the book the familey game summed up fighting in rugby league in the 70s n 80s

Off the top of my head I can recall discussion about England v Wales, Chelsea against Cardiff, Palace v one of the Sheffield teams. I would have heard stuff on these incidents on podcasts from the likes of FiveLive and Newstalk - Off The Ball (Irish radio show).

If it was all sorted, segregation and heavy police presence for all those hours on match day wouldn't be necessary and erm . . . none of the above would happen.

#89 TonyM19

TonyM19
  • Coach
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Wilderspoolmemories @ Sep 1 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously a dastardly Warrington fan who had mugged a Wigan fan and stolen their shirt biggrin.gif

#90 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (TonyM19 @ Sep 1 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously a dastardly Warrington fan who had mugged a Wigan fan and stolen their shirt biggrin.gif

Too ugly to be a Wire wink.gif Defo a Pie, 5 fingers and a thumb tongue.gif

#91 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 30 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay heres the picture of the brawling for all to see, courtesy of a mate of mines excellent camera work.

Gosh if thats excellent camera work there's a job lot of your fellow TRL posters posting in The Photography Thread in AOB who could go pro, they have the subject in focus and don't have blokes heads in the way and all sorts! tongue.gif

They've also probably not been drinking since 6 in the morning on coaches from Warrington to London that will also help!!!

#92 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

I've followed leeds R.L and Leeds utd for many years and have to say that since the late 70's through to present day only on a few occasions have leeds utd fans attended rugby games to cause trouble. These occasions would invariably be when either leeds or hunslet would be playing wigan, there was history between leeds and wigan lads stemming from countless encounters at Blackpool during bank holiday weekends. Thankfully most of the lads involved are now in their forties and the violence is long gone. We are lucky at headingley that any nutcase that lives in Leeds is drawn to elland road like a moth to a flame leaving rugby league games a safe place for families etc to go. Considering how big the city of leeds is and how many rough estates it contains we do quite well at headingley, however, the odd idiot will find his way along to games, that's just the law of averages.

#93 JWAD

JWAD
  • Coach
  • 14,332 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 1 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've followed leeds R.L and Leeds utd for many years and have to say that since the late 70's through to present day only on a few occasions have leeds utd fans attended rugby games to cause trouble

Only a few??
Why even these few occasions in the first place? How bloody stupid are those alleged adults?

#94 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (JWAD @ Sep 1 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only a few??
Why even these few occasions in the first place? How bloody stupid are those alleged adults?

Incredibly stupid i've no doubt about that. The point i was trying to make is that it's easy to blame football fans when there's no real substance to that argument. There's never been a link between Leeds RL and Leeds Utd when trouble occurs apart from the occasions i've mentioned, any trouble is normally down to a small number of ####### that any club unfortunately attracts who no doubt are problems for the wider society on a daily basis.

#95 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Wilderspoolmemories @ Sep 1 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even though the quality isn't great, I can clearly see that the refined Wiganer was purely acting as a peacemaker.

The defence rests.

#96 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Sep 1 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though the quality isn't great, I can clearly see that the refined Wiganer was purely acting as a peacemaker.

The defence rests.

The picture clearly shows the man in the wigan top being held back by the man next to him in the blue shirt. "Peacemaker"????????????? I very much doubt it on the evidence we see before us! Guilty as charged m'lud! laugh.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#97 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Wilderspoolmemories @ Sep 1 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The picture clearly shows the man in the wigan top being held back by the man next to him in the blue shirt. "Peacemaker"????????????? I very much doubt it on the evidence we see before us! Guilty as charged m'lud! laugh.gif

I think you will find that the man in the blue shirt is pushing the Wiganer out of the way, so that he can get into the scrap.

If you enhance the photo, you can clearly see the Wiganer attempting to say "Excuse me old bean, but I really don't think this is the sort of behaviour one should be displaying at a family occasion".

If you can't see that, then surely that is not my fault.

That's the problem with you Warrington fans, you are all one-eyed.

#98 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:06 PM

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#99 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

... my club's better than your club, blah blah blah, yawn yawn yawn.

If you see any bother at a Rugby League match, report it to the stewards and/or the police. Let them deal with it. Threads like this achieve nowt.

Locked.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com