TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds (15 votes [51.72%])

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

2. Wigan (14 votes [48.28%])

Percentage of vote: 48.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Really dont care if its a classic or not aslong as we get the win n get to Old Trafford. Only just managed get my ticket because ive been away n didnt realise we sold 3,000 in 3 days n had to ask leeds for more tickets
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#22 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

I would like Wigan to win this. They were top of the league after all.

I have a problem, though. My old internet streamer has stopped and I haven't found a decent replacement, so do I try and search for one tonight? Or do I listen to online radio? Or do I go down the pub and watch on the big screen? Normally, it'd be the pub, but my wife's away so I'd have to drive back home (too far to walk) or get a taxi? Decisions, decisions!

Just remembered, it's Saints tonight blush.gif , but the problem remains the same - for both games.

Edited by tonyXIII, 24 September 2010 - 03:11 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hoping for a Leeds win in this one - mainly for Danny Mcguire and Jamie Peacock.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

It will be interesting to see how McIllorum goes tonight, and whether Bailey and co will view him as someone to have a go at. Everything I have seen and heard about him suggests that he is a scarily hard man, in a game of hard men. One thing I am hoping is that Joel has learnt his lessons from recent weeks. His childish petulance costs his team dearly and is giving him a very poor reputation. Having seen him play so well last week, striding through and tackling everything that moves, let's hope so. He seems particularly to get riled after head hunters attack Sam, as is almost certain to happen, so let's hope he can rein himself in (and it would be good if Lockers pulled him aside and calmed him down for once).
A couple of slight differences on Wigan's side which could work well - as Deacon looks like he's fit, having him for the full game allows Sam to play 1 and join in when he feels like it, will improve our kicking game and generally bring a steadying influence. If Feca comes in for Tuson then our prop rotation becomes much stronger, and should give us at least parity up front. Leeds of course are missing 2 of their 4 front line props, so are lower in that department. For some reason, we seem more disciplined and effective playing away from home - maybe we simply relish building our victories on defence rather than setting the pace as is expected of the home team.
Finally, the best thing for us maybe for Leeds to score first, so we don't get into our sitting on a lead mode, which seems to be something that we can't do well.

#25 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

this made me chuckle.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/ph...7933&ref=nf
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#26 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (steef @ Sep 24 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMFAO............ FAF!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#27 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Excellent.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#28 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

For me Wigan have to be favourites.
They have pretty much a full side out there, where as Leeds are fast running out of bodies.
Leeds have the home advantage and although Nathan Brown does not believe in such things, I think that was more talk for th motivation of his own team.

Home advantage may make little difference to huddersfield as at their home the crowd do not seam to be able to make enough noise to make an impact in such a large ground. But last night you could see how when the noise lifted the players and got on the huddersfield teams backs. I think the south standers are also capable of being the 18th man for Leeds which may just lift them.

I'm sure when kicking goals, goal kickers would rather hear support or quiet rather than abuse and off putting comments when kicking. The same goes for those players who get wound up emotionally who can play up to the crowd when they get on their backs. I'm sure Fielden will be getting lots of comments reminding him of when he used to be a great from Bradford and when he used to be one of the great props in RL. It may only be said to be off putting, but sometimes comments can hit home.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#29 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Sep 24 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well all season i have championed the Pies.
But the likes of BOAB, Allan Marsden and a few others, i hope this is one game too far for the pies

Leeds 24 Wigan 16

(Padge, Giwildgo , Shrek & Hanners soz guys wink.gif )

I'll take your BOAB and raise you 3owls!

I'll be cheering the pies, as much for a different final as anything else

#30 Haloman

Haloman
  • Banned
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

I've been travelling since wednesday, but have finally got to my destination. I missed the match last night and have only just seen the result an hour ago. In the past few days, I've survived 7 rocket attacks, one by only 60 yards and an armoured convoy through Taliban infiltrated countryside.

But I do have a comfy bed here, as much Becks non alcoholoc malt beverage as I can drink and internet access on my laptop, so I'm really looking forward to the match tonight on BBC R5.
Oh, and the Dave/Ed Millipede result too. It's nice to be back to normality again.

Come on Leeds !!!

smile.gif

Edited by Haloman, 25 September 2010 - 02:30 PM.

#31 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Care to share for those who don't use Facebook anymore?! cool.gif

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#32 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

[attachment=3041:34703_43...805404_n.jpg]
Just for you Hindle

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 25 September 2010 - 02:51 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

huh.gif Christ on bike, what the hell is the pre-match entertainment at Headingley?

Bring back opera-man.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Sep 25 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=3041:34703_43...805404_n.jpg]
Just for you Hindle

Ta.

He's up to his nonsensical standards yet again. I really can't believe people are taken in by his ramblings just because he tries to use big-words. Actually no I can understand it, a thin grasp of the English language would make him a God in Lancashire. wink.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Haha!! Even when Leeds are warming each other up (alternating shoulders on each other) Bailey picks Burrows as his partner!! Hope he gets another Radford on him tonight!!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

The anti-Leeds pantomime aside, Marching on Together is a bloody awful song.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Odsal Outlaw @ Sep 25 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha!! Even when Leeds are warming each other up (alternating shoulders on each other) Bailey picks Burrows as his partner!! Hope he gets another Radford on him tonight!!

Ryan Bailey was getting tips obviously from Scrappy Doo! I wonder if Lauaki still has nightmares...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

loose carry
foxes or poor people?

#39 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (sam @ Sep 25 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
loose carry

try given, right decision there
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#40 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

I couldn't really care less who wins, but that is an absolutely shocking decision from Ben Thaler. Is he registered blind?
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left