The Rhino

Hate the rec

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a fev fan I would suggest you get verlinden to be more aggressive. don't get me wrong he is a good lad very pleasant. he lived near me when he played for us and I did have a few chats with him. His downside is he lacks that grunt. Hope he does good for you he deserves it to be honest.

All the best

As a fev fan I would suggest you get verlinden to be more aggressive. don't get me wrong he is a good lad very pleasant. he lived near me when he played for us and I did have a few chats with him. His downside is he lacks that grunt. Hope he does good for you he deserves it to be honest.

All the best

Yes a few Fev fans have said that , but we seen a different side here ( yes one match ) and his games down under certainly lacked no grunt . So it's a funny one . Maybe didn't settle there , or something amiss . Blank sheet here so no baggage for him and let's see the real rhino stand up . Not many rhinos are timid !!

On the evidence of the one match I've seen him in where you can't just play like that by fluke, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he soon becomes a big favourite at ZC

Found this on the Newtown Jets site in 2012

Age 25 - so he's 28/29 now

197cm tall - 6 foot 5.5 in old money

130kg - 20 stone plus

So yes, he's a big lad

Some big hitters in that team, Masoe, Napper, BJ,  plus many others who have gone on to NRL careers

On the evidence of the one match I've seen him in where you can't just play like that by fluke, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he soon becomes a big favourite at ZC

to look that good in a side that was totally taken apart by town then he must have something.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Talking of props , it still has Fifita down as a long term injury in the paper . I dunno , it would be good to get some kind of more precise diagnosis on him so we know what we are looking at and aiming for . It's always so general and never seems to be any brighter

And again talking of props, did anyone notice in today's RL Express in the Barrow squad preview Jamie Duerden was listed as a PROP!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Talking of props , it still has Fifita down as a long term injury in the paper . I dunno , it would be good to get some kind of more precise diagnosis on him so we know what we are looking at and aiming for . It's always so general and never seems to be any brighter

We were just talking about Latu today at work and the same question came up David, surely a decision has got to be made about him soon, I would love him to tear it up the middle on the ZC with the Rhino, Oliver and Jarrod pulling the strings and proving people wrong,  but nobody can really say we have had our moneys worth have we, am still hoping he can put the past 12 months behind him and have a great season, but again it doesn't look good so far.

And again talking of props, did anyone notice in today's RL Express in the Barrow squad preview Jamie Duerden was listed as a PROP!!!

Wow, he must have eaten more than me over Xmas..

Talking about props, haven are losing one of there new ones apparently.

Interesting bit in the paper about JS having a close run thing for the opening game . I hope he makes it as we always run Sheffield close , and he could make up that gap there's always been . Being first game up is a leveller to . Looking forward to it , especially if JS and Matty are there. Really think it's a big first 7 games for us . Manageable block before a very tough block of games

Shame that. What they saying?

Apparently one of the Mighty Haven superstars has been a bit of a naughty boy...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

It's just a rumour

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Apparently one of the Mighty Haven superstars has been a bit of a naughty boy...

yes I have heard this juicy rumour.lol. imagine if the rumour was about a one of ours. I know one person who would have been here like a shot to highlight it.

Archived