The Photography Thread

Are they the bastards that have put blotches on the inside of my viewfinder?

Yeah. They can also give your imp and infection so make sure you give the little fella a course of antibiotics.

Fides invicta triumphat

I am so far! Not had chance to test on action pics yet and it's a bit top heavy on my light camera but it really does the job. There's some free lunchtime concerts near work this week and providing I can dodge the PCSOs and Park Police I'll be taking some snaps there!

Unless it's private land, I didn't think the PCSO's/Police could touch you??

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

I thought this thread was about ordinary people taking ordinary photo's , not a masterclass from BBC 2.

It is, here's one I took earlier - didn't have time to focus or anything, just pointed and shot

IMG_6903a.jpg

Errr, I'd just like to say I dont usually hang around rugby pitches hoping to get a shot like that - I'm not into union, honest :blush:

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Errr, I'd just like to say I dont usually hang around rugby pitches hoping to get a shot like that - I'm not into union, honest :blush:

Yes, yes. That's what they all say.

Anyway, in the absence of anybody else sticking their photies here :dry: here's one from yesterday: ITV were shooting a commercial for their football coverage next season. The crew were more interesting though.

2591296346_e11ffbce91.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Is it me, or does the camera man look like a fat version of you?

Right.

Outside.

Now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The aussie rules and cricket ones are belting.

The others: merely superb. :P

Do you have a gallery page at all?

Jon, do you always do black and White or is it just Urban ones that you think look better.

Got some of the trial shots on the computer at last, just photos of the back garden, the cat and flowers so far, but I am so impressed with the quality of the image.

Will have to find something more interesting to photograph.

You'd think wouldn't you?

Linky dink

Legally though, the police couldn't have forced the guy to remove the pictures from his camera in a public place, but I concede they could stop and search anyone and a camera could make you more of a target. A PCSO could do feck all though, as is the case in most circumstances!! Check Youtube, theres a couple of videos of photographers telling PCSO's where to go (ie you don't know the law, you jumped up little traffic wardens) and there's also one where the police try to tell a guy that he can't video them, he tells them to check the law, and they scuttle off having been put in their place once checking with HQ. Also, if you law said couldn't take photos of whoever or whatever you want in a public place, the paperazzi wouldn't exist and they're not exactly short of work at the moment!!!

Stand firm, power to the people, and that!!! :)

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

read all about UK Photographers rights

Nikon D 300

Nikon F100

AF-S 28-70 f 2.8

AF-S 17-35 f 2.8

Photoshop CS but considering Nikon software

Picassa

Why are all Adobe products so user unfriendly?

Brian Carrick at the Louth New Oreans Club, Xmas 2006.

Nikon F100, available light, B and W film 3200asa, scanned.

Carrick027a.jpg

Edited by JohnM

Jon, do you always do black and White or is it just Urban ones that you think look better.

Black & White first and foremost.

BTW note, once again, the sunlight. Look it up in a dictionary.

Yes, yes.

It's sunny here now actually.

Meant to ###### down tonight though.

Brian Carrick at the Louth New Oreans Club, Xmas 2006.

Nikon F100, available light, B and W film 3200asa, scanned.

Like that a lot.

There's a Sony DSLR for less than

Legally though, the police couldn't have forced the guy to remove the pictures from his camera in a public place, but I concede they could stop and search anyone and a camera could make you more of a target. A PCSO could do feck all though, as is the case in most circumstances!! Check Youtube, theres a couple of videos of photographers telling PCSO's where to go (ie you don't know the law, you jumped up little traffic wardens) and there's also one where the police try to tell a guy that he can't video them, he tells them to check the law, and they scuttle off having been put in their place once checking with HQ. Also, if you law said couldn't take photos of whoever or whatever you want in a public place, the paperazzi wouldn't exist and they're not exactly short of work at the moment!!!

Stand firm, power to the people, and that!!! :)

Youtube link

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

East Coast Tiger - cracking photos... are they so bright because of that thing called 'sunshine' we hear so much about???

Got some of the trial shots on the computer at last, just photos of the back garden, the cat and flowers so far, but I am so impressed with the quality of the image.
Get 'em on here ... thats what this thread is all about.

Here's one of Charlie after a play around on photoshop.

2593693312_aac46a8e74.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

What is it and do you get any extras?

It's a website where you can purchase books, dvds, electronic goods and other stuff. Don't know about any extras but the p&p is a bit ######.

Fides invicta triumphat

It's a website where you can purchase books, dvds, electronic goods and other stuff. Don't know about any extras but the p&p is a bit ######.

You see that's a good response but it took you hours and it still ain't as good as my phaser line.

Incidentally I did a kelkoo on the A200 and Amazon is the most expensive for that set-up.

I use a Canon 30D, have a suite of lenses including the daddy a canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS. We also have a canon 300D, 400D and Panosonic TZ3.

Here's a selection of my shots.

foggyloe1.jpg

morninfowey.jpg

bodminlineBW-5.jpg

CastlesInTheAire1.jpg

escape3.jpg

bikegirl1.jpg

vEccles4.jpg

vEccles1.jpg

skiathos_airport_1.jpg

seal4.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

You see that's a good response but it took you hours and it still ain't as good as my phaser line.

Incidentally I did a kelkoo on the A200 and Amazon is the most expensive for that set-up.

:D Believe it or not, we aren't all on TRL 24-7.

Fides invicta triumphat

:D Believe it or not, we aren't all on TRL 24-7.

:P

From a free concert in Victoria Embankment Gardens yesterday lunchtime:

2593901432_aa65418e68.jpg

And in the evening, a Covent Garden street entertainer:

2593905158_b276f3659c.jpg