Anthony Crolla Event

Dave Naylor

Not a chance mate. Where is/was presentation night for the fans? If CH thinks that the rank and file are going to don lounge suits (cause we all have one lying about)and fork out £45 minimum for a dinner and a chat with a boxer (and lounge suit hire on top),he is crackers.

Bit late in the day for a presentation night now as well, seems like his energies went into this corporate b'lox instead of a normal presentation night. Not right chuffed with that if I'm honest.

Bit of a kick in the nads to the loyal fans.

Me personally, I'd have preferred a presentation night with maybe some players in the clubs past doing a few talks on the history of the club.All this dinner and lounge suits is a bit stuffy for me.We could've had a night at a function room with fans ,players(past and present) and club officials present and a right good knees up.All the respect in the world to Anthony Crolla,a local lad who's been at the top of his sport but it's not rugby league. That's my take anyway.

I agree with Whitworth Yed on this - the tickets will be £54 each! Way too expensive. Also, I have no interest in boxing, so why would I want to listen to this guy (no disrespect to him though).

The club "Oldham Rugby" has a rich history and was formed back in 1876. The fact it has had new custodian(s) for the past 20 years is immaterial.

It's a very difficult one, the new club is 20 years however the roots of the club date back to 1876, when they played what is now known as Rugby Union. 

However Oldham RU celebrated a 100 years in 2001/2002 so the RU club have no interest in dating their history to 1876

For me I have zero interest in the this meal, I consider it to be irrelevant to me as a supporter of the club 

From wikipedia (so open to debate!)

"It is however generally accepted that the new club (Oldham Roughyeds) is a legal continuation of the old club formed in 1876."

20 years my arris, even the club website lists the clubs honours from pre 1997! Hamilton is deluded if he thinks everyone thinks of the club only being 20 years old ?

This from sheddingwasus above captures my thoughts ...

"The fact it has had new custodian(s) for the past 20 years is immaterial".

He can't have it all ways, if it's a "new club" then all pre 1997 history, all international player honours,hall of famers etc has to be consigned to the bin. 

He wants the rich history of the club but conveniently wants to only remember the last 20 years.

Seriously pezzed off with him and his constant 20 year rubbish. This 20 years could have been a great time to do events for ALL fans over the last year with a nod to the previous 100 odd years also,should have been a time to celebrate everything ORLFC instead it's turned into a farce for a selected few and a homage to CH. Joke.

if this is a celebration of 20 glorious years of our new club why is ch asking the supporters to pay for it. its his club that as taken our money over 20 years and is asking us to pay more surely he should pay for this as a thank you.

It is a celebration of rugby in Oldham though, the club that we all support and watch loyally........only to be excluded from the Gala dinner with the ridiculous pretentious dress code and extortionate prices.

As I said the celebration should have been with the proper fans and a proper presentation night as per usual with a dinner etc like previous years.

It's a crock of the proverbial.If anyone is going enjoy it ,as for us that can't afford it or have no desire to hire the correct attire (I don't own a suit of any kind lol)yet support the club all over the country thanks a lot CH. Top effort.

1 hour ago, PeterF said:

Is there going to be an end of season function at Whitebank this year?  The dinner at the QEH seems to be just for businesses at those prices.  Surely there will be an awards night fro the fans?

I was wondering this too, can't go to the qeh as got a tri club event on the same night. Be nice to be able to go to an end of season event though 

7 hours ago, PeterF said:

Is there going to be an end of season function at Whitebank this year?  The dinner at the QEH seems to be just for businesses at those prices.  Surely there will be an awards night fro the fans?

I very much doubt it, they want your 45 quid instead. As 34 said, a bit of a kick in the teeth for us fans.Oh and don't forget your lounge suit.

Archived