why no fox sports channel on tv?

why cant fox just have regular sports channel to view for nrl with a subscription  just like premier - so we can record - rewind - pause the games at our convenience - I for one wont be buggering about plugging devices in, streaming and messing about with buffering-  waiting for downloads is a pain and I like to flick through some of the games but if your in front of the download that's not possible - surely a set up like fox should be able to sort them selves a slot in the listings if premier can manage it.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

21 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I think you're overestimating how difficult it is these days to stream online content on demand mate.

ok - normal tv with a sky box - go on then?

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

No reason that they can't apart from they don't think its worth out.  It costs money to broadcast it, so would have to have a return for that investment.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 minutes ago, Huncho Kallum said:

Need to sort your internet out...

got visions of a device dangling from the side of the telly - me on my knees trying to find what I want- up n darn every 2 mins - checking the download etc

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I'm assuming you have a SMART TV if its less than 5 years old - download the FoxLeague app (when it comes available) like you would Netflix or Amazon Prime - watch any game you like on demand. You can even pause, rewind and fast forward.

Job done.

got visions of a device dangling from the side of the telly - me on my knees trying to find what I want- up n darn every 2 mins - checking the download etc

If you're talking about a Fire TV Stick, a Roku or a Chromecast, you don't actually have to scrunch down and physically press buttons on something plugged into the back of the TV. They either have remote controls or you can operate them from a distance via 'phone, tablet or computer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm assuming you have a SMART TV if its less than 5 years old - download the FoxLeague app (when it comes available) like you would Netflix or Amazon Prime - watch any game you like on demand. You can even pause, rewind and fast forward.

Job done.

tv is not a smart one- do I buy one of those now or will they be out of date by easter and I will have to buy something else? I just want to watch the nrl - the mrs just wants to watch her stuff- I don't want the hassle

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

tv is not a smart one- do I buy one of those now or will they be out of date by easter and I will have to buy something else? I just want to watch the nrl - the mrs just wants to watch her stuff- I don't want the hassle

Buying something that'll plug into your TV will be far cheaper, and you can move it onto your next set, if that one is also not a smart TV. You'll also get the catch-up facility for all the main terrestrial channels, which I found myself using a lot more than I expected when I got a Fire TV Stick. Plus the ability to stream YouTube streams (like French RL matches) onto your TV, instead of tying up your computer's screen/processor, when you could be using it for complaining about the state of the modern world.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Buying something that'll plug into your TV will be far cheaper, and you can move it onto your next set, if that one is also not a smart TV. You'll also get the catch-up facility for all the main terrestrial channels, which I found myself using a lot more than I expected when I got a Fire TV Stick. Plus the ability to stream YouTube streams (like French RL matches) onto your TV, instead of tying up your computer's screen/processor, when you could be using it for complaining about the state of the modern world.

take the p if u want - making the game in accesable to the older generation will just be another nail in the coffin as ru dances on our grave while screening channel5 internationals

take the p if u want - making the game in accesable to the older generation will just be another nail in the coffin as ru dances on our grave while screening channel5 internationals

Some of the older generation are a bit more savvy, or at least more willing to learn new tricks than others. The 'Silver Surfers' are officially A Thing, as any marketer will tell you, and they are the ones who haven't moaned and given up, but embraced new developments in a positive way.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Isn’t the NRL on Sky this year?  

I thought that was the rumour.

Always thought there should be a subscription service ala NFL network for the fanatics who want to watch it all, but also a broadcast partner for the more casual viewer who may watch the odd game.

Think others on here have suggested it too.

Nothing seems to have been officially confirmed about any potential TV partnership yet. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

My grandad streams stuff on his TV via Netflix and YouTube all the time. He's 70.

Get a Chromecast for £20. I promise you it is really, really easy.

Just now, Bearman said:

Wait, wait are you saying that these days you dont have to stand on a chair holding the aerial to get a signal?

News that came tragically too late for Rod Hull...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

29 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

News that came tragically too late for Rod Hull...

nice to see you joking about an accident that led to a mans death- cheap- crass - posting-

35 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

My grandad streams stuff on his TV via Netflix and YouTube all the time. He's 70.

Get a Chromecast for £20. I promise you it is really, really easy.

Chromecast is an excellent little device.

We should also remember that people will need unlimited broadband at a decent speed and a subscription for the app.

Only a few people went to the bother of paying a tenner a month on Premier which was far easier and probably cheaper.

Hopefully Sky will show a few games.

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

nice to see you joking about an accident that led to a mans death- cheap- crass - posting-

And back you go to the 'ignore' naughty step. For someone whose posts mainly revolve around people and things that you hate, you're a little thin-skinned, even by proxy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Chromecast is an excellent little device.

We should also remember that people will need unlimited broadband at a decent speed and a subscription for the app.

Only a few people went to the bother of paying a tenner a month on Premier which was far easier and probably cheaper.

Hopefully Sky will show a few games.

f3gms4.jpg

Archived