The Photography Thread

Spinaker Tower in Portsmouth

DSC03942.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Now that is strange......That pice was perfectly straight, I edited it but it looks wonky when posted???

I'm looking at it on my desktop now!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Now that is strange......That pice was perfectly straight, I edited it but it looks wonky when posted???

I'm looking at it on my desktop now!!

did you save your alterastions?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

did you save your alterastions?

of course yes - maybe it's just the perspective on this page or something - very strange.

Will try again later

All you need is a car and a big camera with lots of lenses -

http://9eyes.tumblr.com/

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The Wonder of Photography.

IL_wedding_web_IMG_9273.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...
great pic, mind sharing your setting with me? Kit, length shutter speed etc?

Cheers - its a Canon 7D, with a 70-200mm IS 2.8 Canon lense, appeture was 2.8, shutter speed 1/1600 although normally I shoot quicker than that, the sun must have been having a rare showing! Shot in RAW, processed in Lightroom 3.

Full Exif here.

Cheers - its a Canon 7D, with a 70-200mm IS 2.8 Canon lense, appeture was 2.8, shutter speed 1/1600 although normally I shoot quicker than that, the sun must have been having a rare showing! Shot in RAW, processed in Lightroom 3.

Full Exif here.

Ok without being too technical ( as I ll NEVER understand the answer :D )

I ve been shooting in only about 1/500 some union games over the winter and find I have to really crank up the iso to get much light. Is this only due to the sun or is it to do with my kit?

Its a EOS 500d with 75-300 4-5.6 lens

Ok without being too technical ( as I ll NEVER understand the answer :D )

I ve been shooting in only about 1/500 some union games over the winter and find I have to really crank up the iso to get much light. Is this only due to the sun or is it to do with my kit?

Its a EOS 500d with 75-300 4-5.6 lens

If you had a faster lens you'd get your shutter speed up or ISO down etc. Mine is F2.8 across the whole focal length, were as if you were to shoot at 300mm you'll be shooting at F5.6.

There are plenty of articles on line that will explain aperture better than I can, but at its most basic, at F5.6 your shooting through a smaller hole than I am at F2.8 meaning you need a slower shutter speed or higher ISO to let in the same amount of light.

If you had a faster lens you'd get your shutter speed up or ISO down etc. Mine is F2.8 across the whole focal length, were as if you were to shoot at 300mm you'll be shooting at F5.6.

There are plenty of articles on line that will explain aperture better than I can, but at its most basic, at F5.6 your shooting through a smaller hole than I am at F2.8 meaning you need a slower shutter speed or higher ISO to let in the same amount of light.

Im with ya,,, So Im looking for a better lens... Another one to slip in the bag without the missus noticing :-)

Any recommendations for about 800-1000?

If you can live without IS and don't mind losing 100mm on what you have now the Canon 70-200mm L USM falls in around 950, you can pick up the IS version which I have for around 1500 but to be honest its not worth it just for the IS.

I am sure Sigma and Tamron do versions that maybe cheaper, but I've never used one so you'd be putting your hands in the faith of reviews on that front.

Jacobs tend to do some decent 2nd hand gear, plus they do a rental service so you could try before you buy and I maybe wrong, or it may have been a limited offer but I am sure if you wanted to buy something you'd tried you got the cost of the rental knocked off.

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely composed shots thos Chris, good job done of avoiding flare as well.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Traditional boat cruising along the Nile.

sailingonthenile_sm_IMG_6615.jpg