Sign in to follow this  
Mumby Magic

Your Favourite Ever Rl Shirt

3 hours ago, CrushersForever said:

I would have pulled the trigger on one of those if not for the poxy "Pride in the Jersey" on the back!

It is unnecessary, and detracts from the authenticity they were otherwise going for (and getting).

Mind you' if that logo is stitched on, a few minutes with a thread ripper and you're fine.

Edited by Futtocks

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

4 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Can't beat traditional fev butchers stripe umbro pre sponsors

gettyimages-630651508-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-630651740-2048x2048.jpg

Two classic proper shirts there, both identify with only one club from any sport, how many of today's shirts can you say that about?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

As for everyone else........1991 North Sydney Bears is class along with pretty much every Sydney Roosters home kit

RETRONSB1991.jpg

I had one of those, gave to a young cousin from South Africa when it got too small, would love to have seen the reaction when he wore it to Rugby training😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrushersForever said:

I would have pulled the trigger on one of those if not for the poxy "Pride in the Jersey" on the back!

In a similar vein I really like their 1970 GB shirt but I hate the match details on the right hand side. 

4 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Two classic proper shirts there, both identify with only one club from any sport, how many of today's shirts can you say that about?

Great shirt, I like how they incorporated the Getty Images sponsor into it aswell 😉

• Like 1

Used to watch these with my mum who never watched rugby league in her life until Trafford Borough rocked up. I don't think she's seen a game since they shipped out either, This shirt no longer fits me very well. It must have shrunk in the wash. Still, it's my favourite shirt ever. It's hard to believe it must be 30 years old....

Trafford Borough.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Can't beat traditional fev butchers stripe umbro pre sponsors

gettyimages-630651508-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-630651740-2048x2048.jpg

Superb kits, great pictures. The traditional kits of all Clubs were good and instantly recognisable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The British Lion said:

Image result for great britain rugby league jersey

This is the BEST GB shirt for me. Simple V, prominant. No silly psychodelic shapes and triangles veering off everywhere. Background white, no coloured sleeves. Lions badge, iconic to RL.

ahh yes... the iconic "British Isles XIII" crest on the right chest.  No GB (&I??) shirt would be complete without that.

👀

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

14 hours ago, Celt said:

ahh yes... the iconic "British Isles XIII" crest on the right chest.  No GB (&I??) shirt would be complete without that.

👀

I know you're being sarcastic anyway, but I hate that badge and I don't want it on any GB shirt. It's fine on the RU Lions, but not for GB RL.

Image result for oldham rugby league boddingtons shirt

Favourite Oldham shirt. The blue away version was also very good. Not long after, this train wreck of a kit enriched all our lives:-

image.jpeg.9bfcbb83935e7dc357c0479b5e065f17.jpeg

It looked even worse from behind:-

Image result for oldham rugby castlemaine

So, to make amends, they came up with this huge improvement "Shirt from Hell 2"

image.jpeg.56d095194dbbc6f8570ba473e2b33fb6.jpeg

Kind of reflected how things at the club were going...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I know you're being sarcastic anyway, but I hate that badge and I don't want it on any GB shirt. It's fine on the RU Lions, but not for GB RL.

1. I couldn't give a flying eff what union has on their shirts - this is a Rugby League forum.

2.  I suspect "GB RL" is now dead in the water anyway after that recent fiasco.  Thank God.  It is a throwback to an era that is now long gone.     As an aside... Clearly any team that stands up for GSTQ before matches does not represent Ireland (or probably certain parts of the UK) so WTF are they doing putting that ludicrous "British Isles" stuff on the jersey for?!

Edited by Celt

Rugby League: Alive and Handling