Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I've just been to the Wigan club shop and been called Bonny.

I understand that this means I am now officially fat.

That's a compliment in this part of the world. Does it mean something else in Wigan?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

That's a compliment in this part of the world.

Presumably you know this after hearing somebody else called it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That's a compliment in this part of the world. Does it mean something else in Wigan?

Where I'm from it too is a compliment. Wiganers I have been told use it to describe the fully figured. Was said very nicely by a broad accented pie eating lady.

Mind, I could have got it completely wrong. Its a funny place Wigan.

October may be a quiet month after all... A client I was supposed to be doing work for all month has called to say that all "discretionary" work has been postponed indefinitely due to critical budget concerns. Fan bloody tastic.

The one and only good thing is that they caught me just as I was leaving to get the train into London. I'd have been a bit ###### if had I managed to get all the way to them in London before they told me.

Edit: F*** it, I think I'll play computer games all day and call today a write-off for business purposes.. I'm not really in the right attitude to talk to potential clients and drum up new business.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Rather than play computer games, I actually put some time into my book. 1500 words done today which is probably a new record :)

For the record, a life goal of mine is to write a significantly sized fiction book. I couldn't care less if it sells or not as it's a personal rather than professional/lifestyle goal.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Here comes the rain again... :(

First day in many a month that I've needed lights on while working at home.

and more power to you mate, always good to achieve life's little goals, you'll obviously already know that you can get a book published by using one of the "vanity" publishers for a nominal fee

Yep, I will try to get someone to "buy" it first though, if it doesn't sell then I'll get about 10-20 copies done as a vanity job. :)

on a bout life's little goals, I am now into week 20 of my being a beer free zone, 2 stone weight loss and me jeans keep falling to me ankles :D

Great stuff!

:( A difficult to explain problem when you get home!

I noticed when I got to the gym this morning so thankfully Mrs Ginger knows already.

However she has also searched the house and hasn't found it.

I have a feeling it's gone for good and I'm quite surprised how sh/t its disappearance is making me feel.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I can't get warm :(

Hope you find your wedding ring Jon

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion