Uninteresting Trivial Facts

October may be a quiet month after all... A client I was supposed to be doing work for all month has called to say that all "discretionary" work has been postponed indefinitely due to critical budget concerns. Fan bloody tastic.

The one and only good thing is that they caught me just as I was leaving to get the train into London. I'd have been a bit ###### if had I managed to get all the way to them in London before they told me.

Edit: F*** it, I think I'll play computer games all day and call today a write-off for business purposes.. I'm not really in the right attitude to talk to potential clients and drum up new business.

My client just called and asked if I would consider halving my invoice for the pre-work I did for "goodwill" purposes, I countered by suggesting they double it for "goodwill" purposes considering that I'm now sitting at home as it's far too late to get any replacement client work until next week at the very earliest. They didn't quite get my point when I said that it was "goodwill" that I had no current intention of suing them for breach of contract or enforcing the contract termination clause in the contract.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

you tell em mate,some folk just don't realise when they're being looked after

They don't... they take it as given that they can screw you because if you fight back you tend to be informally "blacklisted" among the very tight community in one of my core markets. Sue one and you get nothing in future from any of them.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've been very busy.

I did two days work up in that there Edinburgh and am now gently solvent again. The manager of the Hilton is from Woolston and said what a joy the fans were for the Magic Weekend.

I then went to the Championship finals at the Halliwell Jones with our French correspondent.

And to top it all, last night I made Eccles Cakes. Fantastic.

Penrith tomorrow.

Hospickle on Thursday, back to France on Friday.

Solomon Grundy!

Been a bit wet hasn't it

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I'm back :)

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do....anyone care to bring me up to speed with a brief synopsis?

Its bloody cold.....its been 30 degrees plus in Majorca......lovely it was too :D

I finally got the penis reduction operation. B)

Leicester Saint

Week 1 of Flu jabs (normal seasonal) is over & I am fed up of it already. When the Swine Flu one comes out I will really lose the will to live :wacko:

oh and as I am from St Helens I am allowed to moan all I like ;):ph34r:

Not a word against those jabs! They are making my fortune!

:P

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

When the Swine Flu one comes out I will really lose the will to live

Now, Nurse Saintsbird, are you yourself having the swine flu jab?

I ask because Little Ginger will be in line for one as a high priority case but all (literally all) of the NHS staff we know who are also able to have one as 'front line workers' are not taking up the option as the vaccine has, in their eyes, not been trialled enough.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I am having it yes. I was unsure at first but I feel if I am going to be urging others to have it I should have it myself plus i have Asthma so am at higher risk of swine flu.

I have the normal seasonal flu jab too

Cheers!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)