What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon & Garfunkel & Williams

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A Steely Dan TV special from some time around 2000. The picture quality isn't great, but the audio is very listenable.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Suzanne Vega does a couple of Grateful Dead songs. From 'Deadicated', a double album of covers, most of which are excellent.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A couple more from 'Deadicated'.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joni Mitchell, Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius etc. from the Shadows & Light DVD.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 21/07/2021 at 01:42, voteronniegibbs said:

This , in my youth, was one of those tracks that made an immediate impression. 

When the world used to have talent such as this, how the chuff did Cowell ever get his "bands" airtime?

This was the tenth single I ever bought. The B side was "There ain`t half been some clever b######s", which at the time seemed like what would now be called "strong language".

Outrageously it only had one week at number 1. From memory, it spent several weeks at number 2, held off by Village People.

A YouTube video that's been doing the rounds this morning. To quote Jay Rayner, "the rightful heir to the legacy of Florence Foster Jenkins".

Your tasks for today:

1. Figure out what the tune was actually supposed to be.

2. Listen all the way through to the end without blood spurting from your ears.

• Confused 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cold Chisel - a bunch of Aussies who weren't afraid to tour.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Time for a musical and technical masterclass. The video quality's poor, but you can still see his astonishing combined bowing/plucking technique.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The acoustic demos for 'The Hissing of Summer Lawns'

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A good Blind Faith cover, which popped up on my YouTube homepage.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...