What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

On 12/01/2022 at 11:26, unapologetic pedant said:

In the early 70s, the embroidery work and patches emblazoned on the backs of denim jackets worn by teenage lads carried enticing hints to younger urchins like me of an esoteric other world beyond the singles chart.

Needless to say, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple were ubiquitous. Of the lesser lights, along with Uriah Heep and Blue Oyster Cult, Budgie were probably the one I saw most often. Clearly a band who had more impact than their record sales would indicate. They enjoyed a resurgence, if memory serves, in the wake of the phenomenon that was the NWOBHM. 

My favourite Budgie track is "Zoom Club".

Absolutely and they deservedly hit the jackpot big time when Metallica covered Breadfan and Crash Course in Brain Surgery.

Budgie rocker Ray Phillips: 'Metallica helped save me'

• Like 2

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Maybe a little sedate for some tastes, but the vocal harmonies are wonderful.

Beverley Craven, Julia Fordham, Judie Tzuke & Rumer, aka Woman to Woman - Juniper Tree

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle