What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 lights

Halifax band thats doing a short tour of Holland in the spring....the drummer actually is a RL referee who made his international debut in Holland

...go TIM and the boys from 13 Lights

Play Northern Sound...should be a RL Anthem (oops we not Northern no more ).....toppy mate :D

Edited by yanto

For some strange reason I am going back to my youth and have puchased the first 5 Judas Priest studio albums after Rocka-Rolla.

This is on the back of purchasing Rainbow's discography in the summer and most of the Black Sabbath and Deep Purples as well.

And so the future begins...

Norah Jones' side project, The Little Willies. Relaxing, laidback country swing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

a jim jones revue album

it's been blowing my head off since I bought it yesterday

Saw 'em at the Brudenell in Leeds a couple of weeks back.

Best gig I've been to in a long time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Robert Plant and The Band of Joy live at the BBC Electric Proms from the Roundhouse.

And dammed good so far I must say.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Yes a right alladins cave for vinyl. The wife dreads me going because I come back with arm fulls of lp's.

That explains why they've only got Nana Mouskouri and Deacon Blue LPs by the time I get there these days.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The above two contributions - thank you, top stuff.

Yesterday I tried to listen to Jarvis Cocker's programme on 6Radio. Self indulgent twaddle.

Tonight I have been transported back in time 25 years to a club night at the old Oxford in Newcastle upon tyne with

Cruisers Creek by the Fall

and earlier today I've been tidying up the factory to Tom Waits debut album Closing Time

Lissie - Stairway to heaven

Blonde, cute, plays guitar, a voice that can knock your socks off...what more could you want?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bwh5w

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Joni Mitchell - the Hissing of Summer Lawns, thanks to the 'Vinyl done right' link that ( think) Paley posted a while back.

I've been comparing it to the recording I made using my own modest, but perfectly decent system, and the VDR version blows mine out of the water. Additionally the fact that the guy uses a parallel-tracking tonearm means that the difficult last half of 'Shades of Scarlett conquering' is beautifully clean and distortion-free.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson