Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powerful piece, and it is strange how quickly we forget (or just can't comprehend) that 18,000 people died in one of the 'leading' countries of the world -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/24/the-school-beneath-the-wave-the-unimaginable-tragedy-of-japans-tsunami

Not sure this is the thread, but its a link and a well presented long read story.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Alan Lomax roamed the world for 60+ years recording folk and gospel music before some of the songs which had previously been handed down from generation to generation died out. Although he largely appears to have made sound recordings, a lot of the videos that he made in later years are now on Youtube; some of the footage here is quite remarkable:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlanLomaxArchive/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

One of my favourites is Boyd Rivers and his wife Ruth from 1978 who modestly introduce themselves before launching into perfect duet of Come out the Wilderness -

Just now, Shadow said:

But think of the improvement in crime figures if one of them gets irradiated 

Maybe that's what that North Korean nutjob is doing... irradiating nanotube eating spiders to release across the world.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Go to Google Maps

Copy, Paste and Search:  16°51′53.748″N 11°57′13.362″E

Switch to satellite and zoom in as close as you can.

Wow! Those neolithic cave paintings do turn up where you'd least expect them, don't they?

I take it that there is at least one rational explanation and about a thousand conspiracy theories?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

21 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Wow! Those neolithic cave paintings do turn up where you'd least expect them, don't they?

I take it that there is at least one rational explanation and about a thousand conspiracy theories?

Here's a better picture of the Flight 772 Memorial, without the sand obscuring it so much.

flight-772-memorial.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

YouTube Lesson #67: Logical fallacy

110.JPG.418ae52dc61c4e97ad325eda006b7ad0.JPG

It's from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjsVVxAKgp4

I wouldn't bother waching the vid. It's just another chapter in the running battle between Vee and the Race Realists. I think I like Vee because when he gets revved up he sounds like Dr Nick Riviera.

Best place for this really...

I was out for food last night with friends in London and we went to a Thai restaurant near Stratford.  The second starter choice on the set menu made me really wonder about the place and what the son in law had done to deserve this.

21751480_10155770901031383_1069894491058108234_n.jpg

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"