Has JJP signed for Wakey next season ?

I wouldnt belive the sun if they told me today was saturday remember the lies told about the hillsborough tragedy but if he goes good kuck to the lad he owes us nowt!

Personnaly,however, I don't think jesse is super league standard hasnt got that explosive pace over first ten yards unlike zac. I would be more dissapointed if we lost welham

Agree 100% with that! See how he goes with full time n all that, but I agree entirely with your assessment particularly re young Welham

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you here. JJP will be making a huge mistake here though I do hope not. These players get their heads turned by over zealous agents. They see them having one or two good games in the championship and they are on the band wagon. Its only my opinion but I think JJP is a quality championship player and that is all. But if the rumours are true and if he wants this for himself and not just for a jack the lad agent I will be the first to wish him well. But my advice to him would be to think hard before making the step up.

Stanley Gene is his agent John!!! :lol: It's been a while since he worra lad!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Robin Evans

The club would not have to change even if we were in Super League. The people can be just as approachable, and I certainly would not advocate anything other than frugal management. I cannot see that Daryl, Ryan, etc were different people when they were playing / coaching in Super League and I don't think the burgers are harder to flip. I just don't see the connection.

When we went in to administration, we were not in the top flight.

Most of us on here would go anyway... whatever league we are in. But the gates would certainly benefit from being in the top division.

If we start believing the people that say we can never get there, then we have given up. That is what sport is all about.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

The club would not have to change even if we were in Super League. The people can be just as approachable, and I certainly would not advocate anything other than frugal management. I cannot see that Daryl, Ryan, etc were different people when they were playing / coaching in Super League and I don't think the burgers are harder to flip. I just don't see the connection.

When we went in to administration, we were not in the top flight.

Most of us on here would go anyway... whatever league we are in. But the gates would certainly benefit from being in the top division.

If we start believing the people that say we can never get there, then we have given up. That is what sport is all about.

But would the gates increase significantly, Ovo? Probably for local derbies, assuming "local" teams were still in the top tier. Taking average gates from the SL, we could increase by about 6000. Unless we got the "casts off" from our local rivals, it would still be an enormous task to increase our nucleus of support IMO. In my honest opinion, I believe that come 2012 there will be another radical shake up of the "ticky boxes" criteria. Gates are falling, so why go for large new staduims. Club finances, throughout the leagues are on a knife edge and for the RL to implement all their stipulated conditions, will see the probable demise of clubs and RL in certain areas. As with such as Wakefield, excluding all the financial tie ups etc, why not invest

But would the gates increase significantly, Ovo? Probably for local derbies, assuming "local" teams were still in the top tier. Taking average gates from the SL, we could increase by about 6000. Unless we got the "casts off" from our local rivals, it would still be an enormous task to increase our nucleus of support IMO. In my honest opinion, I believe that come 2012 there will be another radical shake up of the "ticky boxes" criteria. Gates are falling, so why go for large new staduims. Club finances, throughout the leagues are on a knife edge and for the RL to implement all their stipulated conditions, will see the probable demise of clubs and RL in certain areas. As with such as Wakefield, excluding all the financial tie ups etc, why not invest

Anything I post is a personal opinion

An average crowd of 3000 would be a significant increase for us. I am sure we would get that yes.

That is 1300 extra paying speccies for every game than we get now, plus the money you get just for being there. I think it could be made to work if you were frugal and focussed your squad-building around young British talent.

According to a fellow poster, Padge on the LE forum Rovers crowds in the years leading up to SL era were:-

88/89 4,379

89/90 4,269

90/91 4,722

91/92 4,001

93/94 3,683

So Martin, I reckon we could realistically have achieved 6500 average, if we'd have had the SL opportunity which Cas & Wakey have had with the subsequent finance involved to professionally market the club over the years. There's a good deal of latent support for Rovers out there. I do seriously doubt we will be given the opportunity but we should make it as difficult as possible for the RFL to ignore us. Crowds are apparently on the decline as SL begins to stagnate. The RFL might soon have to rethink this crazy licensing arrangement anyway.

Edited by Terry Mullaney

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Im a realist mate and know in my heart that we aint going any further than this, thing is im happy with this. The club is close enough for everyone to approach and feel a part of, if it were bigger then cometh the inflated ego's and closed doors and cold shoulders. To be up there and be successfull in todays climate the club would need to become a corporate monster.

If this club was in Doncaster then we'd be in SL, thats how close we are- 9 miles from SL. We're only 2 miles from Cas, 6 from Wakey, it just isnt going to happen, there's too many heads trying to feed from the same trough!!

In the clubs (company) articles of associtaion (the club rules) it states that one of the aims of the company is to play at the highest level possible. That to me means SL.

Playing in SL does not necessarily mean going bust !

In my opinion the minute we accept that second rate is our place is the time to pack it all in.

I am realistic enough to realise that, given the mentallity at Red hall, it probably will never happen anyway, but I for one will never accept that second division is where we belong !

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

i've said all along, and i still maintain, when the bottom falls out of s/l, we will not have to go to them, they will come back to us. only thing is, they will make it look they are doing us a favour.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

It's a good job Blackpool and Ian Holloway didn't decide what their "level" was or they wouldn't be looking forward to trips to Old Trafford, St James' Park, White Hart Lane and Anfield next season. I know in football they have something called promotion and relegation so not really a fair comparison! ;)

I've only seen one top flight game at Post Office Road and would love to see more, playing at the highest standard possible should be every sporting clubs overall ambition. I think its possible, if done in a sustainable fashion and one day hopefully I'll see it. Of course there are risks associated with it but I can't see anything wrong with wanting to see Featherstone outside its comfort zone, so to be speak.

When we last played in the top division, were there supporters at the time who wanted us to be relegated? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the ups and down in recent years in the national leagues but having the opportunity to see us play against some of the biggest names in the game would be brilliant and not something we should just rule out.

It's a good job Blackpool and Ian Holloway didn't decide what their "level" was or they wouldn't be looking forward to trips to Old Trafford, St James' Park, White Hart Lane and Anfield next season. I know in football they have something called promotion and relegation so not really a fair comparison! ;)

I've only seen one top flight game at Post Office Road and would love to see more, playing at the highest standard possible should be every sporting clubs overall ambition. I think its possible, if done in a sustainable fashion and one day hopefully I'll see it. Of course there are risks associated with it but I can't see anything wrong with wanting to see Featherstone outside its comfort zone, so to be speak.

When we last played in the top division, were there supporters at the time who wanted us to be relegated? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the ups and down in recent years in the national leagues but having the opportunity to see us play against some of the biggest names in the game would be brilliant and not something we should just rule out.

well said

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

QUOTE (Jimmy B @ Jun 20 2010, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the clubs (company) articles of associtaion (the club rules) it states that one of the aims of the company is to play at the highest level possible. That to me means SL.

Playing in SL does not necessarily mean going bust !

In my opinion the minute we accept that second rate is our place is the time to pack it all in.

I am realistic enough to realise that, given the mentallity at Red hall, it probably will never happen anyway, but I for one will never accept that second division is where we belong !

IMHO we are at the highest level possible to us! and yes we would go bust if we hoped to compete in there!

Were a village/small town club with limited resources and hardly any commerce! Barring a lottery win there's no chance and even with a lottery win which would only stave off the inevitable for a while as we cant sustain the financial input required to compete and be a success.

Where would the club be without Mark Campbell? Where would we be if he left??

Two or three years ago this club was on it's ######, almost gone for good! This is my club as much as anyone elses, ive been following it for around 40 years and i'd sooner any day be watching us here in this league and at the top of it than struggling to survive and getting hammered every week in SL. I find it quite odd that most call it "Duper League" one here, but demand our inception into it! Will it then be Super League if were let in?

Im disgusted in the fact that the powers that be have blown away so mush money chasing ideas like Harlequins, Catalans and the Welsh club, when we are sat right here, why not throw that money at teams already established instead of blowing millions on a gamble and daft boardroom idea! Business thats why just business!

Once again im here getting involved in a pointless argument, so it's my last post on the matter as i have a business to run!

It's all well and good folk spouting tripe to score browny points with the masses on here, but what would you have to say if we did go in and we did go bust having been thrashed 60 nil every week? I'm just saying it as it is! Im not the guy holding the entry ticket, i'm just a bloke wanting his team to still be here for his grandkids to go watch and be a part of and not go all out for a selfish urge to see my team in SL at all costs!

Edited by Mick H

IMHO we are at the highest level possible to us! and yes we would go bust if we hoped to compete in there!

Were a village/small town club with limited resources and hardly any commerce! Barring a lottery win there's no chance and even with a lottery win which would only stave off the inevitable for a while as we cant sustain the financial input required to compete and be a success.

Where would the club be without Mark Campbell? Where would we be if he left??

Two or three years ago this club was on it's ######, almost gone for good! This is my club as much as anyone elses, ive been following it for around 40 years and i'd sooner any day be watching us here in this league and at the top of it than struggling to survive and getting hammered every week in SL. I find it quite odd that most call it "Duper League" one here, but demand our inception into it! Will it then be Super League if were let in?

Im disgusted in the fact that the powers that be have blown away so mush money chasing ideas like Harlequins, Catalans and the Welsh club, when we are sat right here, why not throw that money at teams already established instead of blowing millions on a gamble and daft boardroom idea! Business thats why just business!

Once again im here getting involved in a pointless argument, so it's my last post on the matter as i have a business to run!

It's all well and good folk spouting tripe to score browny points with the masses on here, but what would you have to say if we did go in and we did go bust having been thrashed 60 nil every week? I'm just saying it as it is! Im not the guy holding the entry ticket, i'm just a bloke wanting his team to still be here for his grandkids to go watch and be a part of and not go all out for a selfish urge to see my team in SL at all costs!

If things carry on as they are there won't even be a sport of Rugby League to watch in this country never mind a Featherstone Rovers

I call SL pooper scooper league, not because i think it's a poor league but because the RFL have lost the real meaning of the word SPORT and defaced the name of rugby league by calling it Super League.

That said many Rovers fans have NEVER had the chance to see our team at the top, don't you think they deserve to??????

I would go as far as to say my belief is if the current format continues the sport in this country will be dead in the next 10 years,(it's already startedon the slippery slope) all i'd like is to see us give it one go up there before i mourn the loss of the greatest sport ever created

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

I've seen us win at Wembley twice and lose once! and ive been to countless major semis and cup finals, but those days are now gone. It was possible back then because big money didn't rule the game and people had nothing else to do than go watch Fev, we didn't even start going on hols abroad untill the eighties and having a car was a mojor event. I still feel exactly the same now as i did back then, every victory means as much. we have our own major encounters with Leigh, Widnes, Halifax and Barrow and the passion is no less than it was against Hull or Wigan or Saints all those years ago. Weve spent the past 20 years in the wilderness as payment for our previous success and the attempt to keep attaining that success.

Good management is what is needed and to work within our means, if the chance comes one day and were in a position to take it then thats great- go for it I say. but the way things stand were better off where we are for the forseeable future.

If things carry on as they are there won't even be a sport of Rugby League to watch in this country never mind a Featherstone Rovers

I call SL pooper scooper league, not because i think it's a poor league but because the RFL have lost the real meaning of the word SPORT and defaced the name of rugby league by calling it Super League.

That said many Rovers fans have NEVER had the chance to see our team at the top, don't you think they deserve to??????

I would go as far as to say my belief is if the current format continues the sport in this country will be dead in the next 10 years,(it's already startedon the slippery slope) all i'd like is to see us give it one go up there before i mourn the loss of the greatest sport ever created

The trouble is Paul there aint anyone listening I'm afraid. Our two major newspapers are in the grip of Super League.They ought to be named Super league Weekly and Super League Express. Ok they do give us weekly write ups on individual games but they are now so super league obsessed nobody as noticed that the game below is becoming terminally ill. There is noone at these editorials fighting for the games cause.Its a case of "Im alright Jack" at the top. League fixtures are hit and miss. The challenge cup rounds are so far apart I've even forgot who's taking part. The silence is deafening surrounding the Northern Rail Cup, a competition that needs overhauling but nobody at RedHall cares about a tournament that doesn't include the Super League. BUT ALL THESE THINGS HAVE BEEN SAID BEFORE. There is noone at home.

If Rovers want any chance of getting into Super League they have to change their argument. Rather than stating how they could possibly match some clubs in certain departments they have to emphasise where they can excel.

The powers that be at the RFL want to beat the Aussies so badly, yet when people say we never will with all the overseas players over here. The RFL's answer to this is that we are not producing enough quality players.

In the days before Super League Featherstone was arguably the best breeding ground of talent within the game, but sadly no longer no, matter what anyone else may say. Too many kids aren't interested in the game and soccer is now the chief topic of conversation in school playgrounds. When was the last time anyone saw local kids playing tig and pass.

If Rovers want any chance of getting into Super League they have to change their argument. Rather than stating how they could possibly match some clubs in certain departments they have to emphasise where they can excel.

The powers that be at the RFL want to beat the Aussies so badly, yet when people say we never will with all the overseas players over here. The RFL's answer to this is that we are not producing enough quality players.

In the days before Super League Featherstone was arguably the best breeding ground of talent within the game, but sadly no longer no, matter what anyone else may say. Too many kids aren't interested in the game and soccer is now the chief topic of conversation in school playgrounds. When was the last time anyone saw local kids playing tig and pass.

Last Friday at Carleton High School. I am sure the same can be said for all the local high schools in the area.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

Last Friday at Carleton High School. I am sure the same can be said for all the local high schools in the area.

Was this at break time or was it tag rugby in a P.E. lesson? What I am trying to say is that you rarely see kids playing with a rugby ball on the streets or on village greens, it seems to be all soccer these days. So I personally feel that kids in non-Super League towns like Fev are not drip-fed the game from an early age any more, so when they grow up they might be fine athletes and make good players, but they are not as likely to have the speed of thought and exceptional passing skills that make a truly great player. Go back 20 years or more and you will notice that Fev and its surrounding areas were producing this type of player by the dozen. I can remember the days when there was a player with Fev connections at virtually every professional club in the country.

So, by marginalising Featherstone, the RFL are ruining one of it's greatest ever nurseries!

Was this at break time or was it tag rugby in a P.E. lesson? What I am trying to say is that you rarely see kids playing with a rugby ball on the streets or on village greens, it seems to be all soccer these days. So I personally feel that kids in non-Super League towns like Fev are not drip-fed the game from an early age any more, so when they grow up they might be fine athletes and make good players, but they are not as likely to have the speed of thought and exceptional passing skills that make a truly great player. Go back 20 years or more and you will notice that Fev and its surrounding areas were producing this type of player by the dozen. I can remember the days when there was a player with Fev connections at virtually every professional club in the country.

So, by marginalising Featherstone, the RFL are ruining one of it's greatest ever nurseries!

Touch and Tag Rugby are the perfect starter for anybody who has never played the game before. You get to learn the basics in a fun environment. The attitude towards that type of rugby I feel are poor, they think it's for 'girls' and just want to get straight into contact rugby.

From what I can remember in Australia, they play Tag Rugby until 12 (or maybe 14) so they know the basics and then they learn how to properly make a tackle. Makes sense tbh as you get the bigger kid steam rolling over the skinnier person.

But then again, it will never take off in this country with the ridiculous laws they have set in place.

Another things to change:

-Rever to Winter Rugby

-Proper Scrums

-Promotion & Relegation

-5m Defensive line

-2 Points for a win / 1 draw / 0 lose

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

As a young lad, many years ago touch and pass was regularly played on the tarmac adacent to the sports hall. Besides me and my brother there were several notables who would have a game these included; John Marsden, Phil Johnson, Steve Brunyee, Phil Sharp, Robert Noon, Dave Dyas to name a few. Perhaps Charlie Stone was playing as well, a year of good players brought up in the greatest way as kids and honed by the local professional clubs.

As a young lad, many years ago touch and pass was regularly played on the tarmac adacent to the sports hall. Besides me and my brother there were several notables who would have a game these included; John Marsden, Phil Johnson, Steve Brunyee, Phil Sharp, Robert Noon, Dave Dyas to name a few. Perhaps Charlie Stone was playing as well, a year of good players brought up in the greatest way as kids and honed by the local professional clubs.

Its amazing how you slipped through the net!!!!!!

Another things to change:

-Rever to Winter Rugby

-Proper Scrums

-Promotion & Relegation

-5m Defensive line

-2 Points for a win / 1 draw / 0 lose

Flat capper!!! :lol::lol:

The thread title is about JJP and whether or not he has signed for Wakefield. We now seem to be asking whether Rovers should or should not be in Super League. I am happy for this to carry on , but under a new heading so as to not mislead readers. Please either stick to the thread heading or begin a new thread under a new heading.

I will allow this to stay open so that posts can be transferred to the correct thread if required.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Without trawling through all the previous comments on here, I may have missed something, but it says on the Pont and Cas website that JJP IS playing for Wakefield next season. I imagine that will now depend on how things pan out with his family. It will be nice to see him playing over here again.

According to a fellow poster, Padge on the LE forum Rovers crowds in the years leading up to SL era were:-

88/89 4,379

89/90 4,269

90/91 4,722

91/92 4,001

93/94 3,683

So Martin, I reckon we could realistically have achieved 6500 average, if we'd have had the SL opportunity which Cas & Wakey have had with the subsequent finance involved to professionally market the club over the years. There's a good deal of latent support for Rovers out there. I do seriously doubt we will be given the opportunity but we should make it as difficult as possible for the RFL to ignore us. Crowds are apparently on the decline as SL begins to stagnate. The RFL might soon have to rethink this crazy licensing arrangement anyway.

I thınk 2 dıvısıons wıll come because ıf you take the last 2 crowds for Cas as an eg. 4200 home to catalans realıstıcally wıth a relegatıon dogfıghjt 2k could of been added plus 3000 at Salford agaın 2k added to a relegatıon dogfıght that ıs around 70.000 qd lost ın just 2 games would love to know a rough estımate for all the relegatıon dogfıghts ın a season ı reckon the lıcence system ıs costıng the game mıllıons and the money orıentated super league bosses wıll take note