Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds
    • Wigan
    • Draw

Well done to the pies last night, they were by far the better side.

As for the main talking points on this thread: Ablett has to take at least two games ban for the elbow on Sam Tomkins. I do beleive that if Ganson had referred the incident to the video ref,then Ablett wouldn't have walked anyhow as the VR was last years GF VR Phil Bentham,...say no more.

Bailey is just an out and out thug who is quickly filling the vacancy left by Terry Newtons' departure.

The Coley sin binning was laughable, I saw no sin binning offence there.

Leeds have no chance of retaining the SL title this year. If their average 20 points score conceded for the past consecutive games ,(Phil Clarke Last Night), is repeated next week, then they won't be going to Wembley either.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know what your "very dubious calls " were exactly. The big decisions he had to make were,

A] Ablett on tomkins

B] Ryan halls disallowed try

C] gouldings knock on directly before gleesons try

D] coleys sin binning.

The one he got badly wrong was coleys sin binning for me. He was committed to the tackle and ganson misread the situation. He also missed gouldings knock on before gleesons try, but the touch judge was stood next to him and should have seen that, i wouldn't blame ganson for that. As for halls try, yes he knocked on. He was also correct to put ablett on report because there's no way he could have seen exactly where ablett caught tomkins in real time. If you think he's missed some massive game changing decisions then you were watching a different game to me.

Don't forget that Clarkson knocked on in the act of scoring Leeds first try - why Ganson didn't go to the screen is beyond me. What is more, this aside, Leeds would not have scored in a month of Sundays but for the Coley sinbinning which again was beyond me.

Wigan were faster and more aggressive on the night, although the scoreline flattered them a little.

Here's a serious question for BOAB:

When Leeds knocked Wigan out of the cup you were quick to condemn Lee Smith for his attitude when he scored, after leuluais try last night, Joel Tomkins stood in front of the Carnegie stand and shouted"F###ing get that into you" aimed into the stand and not the players.Is that acceptable and is it any different to what Lee Smith did?

Well I didn't see Tomkins do what you claim, however if he did then his behaviour was just as unacceptable as that of Lee Smith in the cup QF, one can only hope that the RFL will view both incidents consistently.

Whatever the circumstances, you made a promise to not bleat on about refs here, which you have failed to keep, not for the first time.

Any chance you can stop quoting Walter Mitty plz ;)

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

At least Leeds do have a plan B, thuggery.

This based purely on the 2 notable incidents last night?

Or where there others i missed in the game?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Just been told that the Wigan supporters coach was bricked last night by the allotments on St Michael's Lane. Apparently two girls received facial injuries and many other supporters were showered with broken glass. The Police were called and the ambulance service was required to attend to the injured. The supporters were unable to set off back to Wigan until around midnight arriving back at about 1.30am. Just hope the injured girls are OK and not put off from following the club in the future.

I have to say that at every level, from the chief executive, through the coaching staff, the players and now down to the speccies, The Leeds Rhinos is a club that is leaving a bad taste at the moment.

Thugs on the field and thugs off it.

It is about time that the authorities brought them back to earth - some hope!!

:dry:

Just been told that the Wigan supporters coach was bricked last night by the allotments on St Michael's Lane. Apparently two girls received facial injuries and many other supporters were showered with broken glass. The Police were called and the ambulance service was required to attend to the injured. The supporters were unable to set off back to Wigan until around midnight arriving back at about 1.30am. Just hope the injured girls are OK and not put off from following the club in the future.

I have to say that at every level, from the chief executive, through the coaching staff, the players and now down to the speccies, The Leeds Rhinos is a club that is leaving a bad taste at the moment.

Thugs on the field and thugs off it.

It is about time that the authorities brought them back to earth - some hope!!

Don't tar us all with the same brush, every club has a bad element, even yours, nothing has been reported about this in Yorkshire, if this did happen lets hope the girls involved are ok.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

:D Sorry mate, managed to give you four quotes in one, just to give you a taste of what I presume you are missing...

I scrolled hastily down

Im missing nothing, trust me

What are you on about you goon???

Any behaviour like what you reported should not be tolerated and If it is true I hope they catch whoever is responsible and string the little *wats up!

Leeds is an excellently run RL club and most of the players are gents off the pitch.

Granted we have a small element of di**heads in the crowd but so does every club in the league.

"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"

Laurie Dailey

I can't believe the hysterical comments in reaction to last night's match from fans of various clubs. Wigan are certainly no angels themselves and that's how it should be, this is Rugby League after all. If you don't like it then start watching soccer if the rough stuff is too much for you. Never heard so much sanctimonious bs.

I can't believe the hysterical comments in reaction to last night's match from fans of various clubs. Wigan are certainly no angels themselves and that's how it should be, this is Rugby League after all. If you don't like it then start watching soccer if the rough stuff is too much for you. Never heard so much sanctimonious bs.

RL is a very tough game that allows you to hit the opposition very hard in a legal way. When players overstep the mark, they rightly get criticised, nothing sanctimonious.

I love the rough stuff, and my team have the likes of Morley, Westwood and L Anderson who play on the edge, and at times they will kop plenty of stick, just like the rougher players at any club.

An elbow to somebody's face or raising your knee to somebody's body as they are making a tackle, is not rough, they are cheap shots and deserved of criticism. There were some blinding legal hits in the game last night, and that is the roughness that people appreciate, not the two above mentioned incidents.

What are you on about you goon???

Any behaviour like what you reported should not be tolerated and If it is true I hope they catch whoever is responsible and string the little *wats up!

Leeds is an excellently run RL club and most of the players are gents off the pitch.

Granted we have a small element of di**heads in the crowd but so does every club in the league.

Agreed, I have no issues with Leeds at all and before the match I wanted them to win last night, although changed my mind during the game.

A couple of bad incidents (on and off the field) should not see everybody at the club tarred with the same brush.

I agree Ablett should have been sent off and the Bailey incident was a penalty, nothing more. Rob Burrow takes high shots every game (he took two head shots last night), he doesn't whinge, just picks himself up and gets on with the game. It seems that because he is small it's just accepted. There were a lot of issues with Ganson last night, for both teams, why does he suddenly start to implement the offside law 60 minutes into the game when he has completely ignored it up til then??!

Don't forget that Clarkson knocked on in the act of scoring Leeds first try - why Ganson didn't go to the screen is beyond me. What is more, this aside, Leeds would not have scored in a month of Sundays but for the Coley sinbinning which again was beyond me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

the shocking thing about ganson was he lost his temper!! refs should not get angry at players he lost it when he binned coley and if he is a man he should apologise.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

the shocking thing about ganson was he lost his temper!! refs should not get angry at players he lost it when he binned coley and if he is a man he should apologise.

well seeing as Im still here,

Id just like to clarify, after another towering display, this time as video referee,

He is as incompetent as a 9 bob note.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

well seeing as Im still here

Do you have incriminating photographs of one of the Mods?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Ganson made suspect calls for oth teams not just Leeds. And he never looks acros the line to see if anyone is offside.

Spot on there

From my point of view, I would have sent Ablett off, wouldn't have sent off Bailey (but I didn't notice the knee that everyone else seems to have), and I was on my way back from the shop when the Wigan player was binned so can't comment on that.

I also noticed a wigan player knocking the ball into touch and Leeds getting penalised for it and another incident that went wigan's way unfairly (but 2 days ;ater can't remember what it was)

Season so far then -

Normal League matches

Leeds 0-2 Wigan

Knockout matches

Leeds 1-0 Wigan

See you in the playoffs!

Edited by brooza

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

They forgot to call each other beforehand?

OR they did call each other beforehand ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion