Super League

jamescolin

Announced today that at least one SL team will lose ikts place in SL. At least one Chamionship team will be promoted, if they meet the criteria. Looking bad for a team or two in our area,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announced today that at least one SL team will lose ikts place in SL. At least one Chamionship team will be promoted, if they meet the criteria. Looking bad for a team or two in our area,

Thing is while i agree that there are probably 2 or 3 teams in the cc who would meet the criteria (possibly)better now... licences are for 3 years and its unproffessional of the rfl to announce that one is going before even the second year is up........ 3 years is 3 years whether they like it or not

Lets not forget also that O'Connor from Windies said he was told they were going into SL over 6 months ago...... much as i disagree with the licencing shambles if they are going to do it they should do it right... at the end of the day SL teams should have another 14 months to prove their worth to the sport

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Aye, it also pretty much confirms that Widnes are the only British championship team who will be considered.

In addition to reaching a Grand Final or winning the NRC a club must also, amongst other things, have a capacity of at least 10,000 and an average attendance of 2,500 in 2009 or 2010. That rules out Barrow, Halifax(save for attracting circa 5,000 for their last game against Batley) and Batley. It also confirms for that we will not be considered.

Link

Aye, it also pretty much confirms that Widnes are the only British championship team who will be considered.

In addition to reaching a Grand Final or winning the NRC a club must also, amongst other things, have a capacity of at least 10,000 and an average attendance of 2,500 in 2009 or 2010. That rules out Barrow, Halifax(save for attracting circa 5,000 for their last game against Batley) and Batley. It also confirms for that we will not be considered.

Link

which season did widnes have their 9 points deducted for going into administration? because rule three is " No insolvency event has occurred during the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons."

which season did widnes have their 9 points deducted for going into administration? because rule three is " No insolvency event has occurred during the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons."

Thanks for pointing this out, the above ruling will be amended in due course :P

If Toulouse get in without going through the right channels like the rest, then sod it, ill just walk away, can't be bothered talking the game up only to look like a phallus when the people in charge cant be bothered to develop the game properly by putting the BEST teams into the BEST league.

Cummins Out.

Let them in i say, we were never going to get in anyway and Toulose contribute nothing to our league.

If two sl teams do get kicked out it might make some more sl teams stand up and realise that they might not be safe either therefore meaning the end to this system.

Or maybe not.

Widnes are a shoe in and I've been saying to the "Clot de Kellington" for months now that i wouldn't be at all surprised at 2 clubs having their 'licence' revoked and Toulouse levered in as well.

Now the thought of this would be massive for our league and if/when that news eventually breaks, I'm fairly confident that the ovoid oaf from above mentioned parish will be observed doing cartwheels stark bowlock naked around the streets of said village! You know, the sort of carry on that used to get folk locked up under The "Lunacy Act (1913)"!!

In all seriousness, the 3 way derbies would be fanastic for us and their support (tho would dwindle fairly rapid I'm sure), would bolster crowds in our division for the short term at least until the same old apathy hits the relegated club that has been present with those outside SL for many a year now.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Widnes in Wakey out i can just about stomach even though i hate the license system . But if they change the criteria to put Toulouse in then RL below SL is just about finished. Yes we'll struggle on with most teams going in and out of administration but truthfully the end is in sight.

In a season i spend at a conservative estimate about 2k following FEV (many people a lot more) and i'm beginning to wonder if the money wouldn't be better spent elsewhere. Apart from FEV i have no love or interest in anything RL anymore. SL, challenge cup, grand finals, internationals - couldn't give a stuff about the lot of them.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Widnes in Wakey out i can just about stomach even though i hate the license system . But if they change the criteria to put Toulouse in then RL below SL is just about finished. Yes we'll struggle on with most teams going in and out of administration but truthfully the end is in sight.

In a season i spend at a conservative estimate about 2k following FEV (many people a lot more) and i'm beginning to wonder if the money wouldn't be better spent elsewhere. Apart from FEV i have no love or interest in anything RL anymore. SL, challenge cup, grand finals, internationals - couldn't give a stuff about the lot of them.

just about my sentiments exactly-in the imortal words o fraser

"we are all doomed"

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

Heard that four championship clubs will be considered, ie; WIDNES, Halifax, Barrow and Batley. Batley, by all accounts are not interested although have to be considered due to their cup win. Barrow cannot meet the criteria regarding attendances and if "rumours" are to be believed are having financial difficulties. Halifax and Widnes are, at the moment, hardly breaking any pots, attendance wise, but s*d it, let's give it to Widnes.

What about our favourite SL club, based down south?. The gypsies of the game. Had more money thrown at them than a bankers bonus. Administration, no support, but will they survive the chop -------?.

Edited by Bob Crowther

Widnes are a shoe in and I've been saying to the "Clot de Kellington" for months now that i wouldn't be at all surprised at 2 clubs having their 'licence' revoked and Toulouse levered in as well.

Now the thought of this would be massive for our league and if/when that news eventually breaks, I'm fairly confident that the ovoid oaf from above mentioned parish will be observed doing cartwheels stark bowlock naked around the streets of said village! You know, the sort of carry on that used to get folk locked up under The "Lunacy Act (1913)"!!

In all seriousness, the 3 way derbies would be fanastic for us and their support (tho would dwindle fairly rapid I'm sure), would bolster crowds in our division for the short term at least until the same old apathy hits the relegated club that has been present with those outside SL for many a year now.

You mean iv been telling you toulouse were a shoe in, but your right about the cart wheel and the clothes if our 2 neighbours are coming down. One thing puzzling me is when did this 10k stadium capacity come into it, i thought it was 12k. Have the RFL just changed it?

You mean iv been telling you toulouse were a shoe in,

My botty!!!

You were always "they haven't ticked a box"!!! I told you it was an irrelevance. They don't even need a box to tick!!!

Is it right?? Fair?? Just???

Am I slim, handsome, wealthy???

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Heard that four championship clubs will be considered, ie; WIDNES, Halifax, Barrow and Batley. Batley, by all accounts are not interested although have to be considered due to their cup win. Barrow cannot meet the criteria regarding attendances and if "rumours" are to be believed are having financial difficulties.

I am reliably informed that Barrow are on course to post another profit for 2010, as they did in 2009.

Only Widnes have a chance of meeting the criteria, and even they will struggle with the

the criteria for toulouse has been amended .

Thats correct things have been changed!

When this franchise system came in we were all told clubs had to tick numerous boxes to be considered for super duper league. Proper grounds and such like but two important ones were teams have to reach a grand final or win NR cup before they can apply. All this fell under

Everybody knows it will be Widnes. I really can't see the point of anybody spending time and money formulating a bid to be honest. It's comparable to when everybody knew Gordon Brown was going to take over from Tony Blair - all that was uncertain was the "when" part.

We know when Widnes will go up but we just don't know who they will be replacing yet.

What criteria would the RFL use to kick a team out if for instance all current SL teams ticked all the boxes?

They would think of something, rules are there to be amended!!!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Heard that four championship clubs will be considered, ie; WIDNES, Halifax, Barrow and Batley. Batley, by all accounts are not interested although have to be considered due to their cup win. Barrow cannot meet the criteria regarding attendances and if "rumours" are to be believed are having financial difficulties. Halifax and Widnes are, at the moment, hardly breaking any pots, attendance wise, but s*d it, let's give it to Widnes.

What about our favourite SL club, based down south?. The gypsies of the game. Had more money thrown at them than a bankers bonus. Administration, no support, but will they survive the chop -------?.

Cup win! Are we in La La land? How can having a good cup run make you eligable for the elite? Their bloody pudddled. Anyone can put a few games together even a team of monkeys. Wiinning the league is the trick. being consistant all year. ###### holes all of them.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

They would think of something, rules are there to be amended!!!

Im not so sure sidnee, apart from maybe one other club i think SL will only let in "expansion" clubs after the next round of licenses. We all know Toulouse will get in at one SL clubs expense, after that it'll be the likes of Dublin, Glasgow, Birmingham.

I wonder what will happen if some rich bloke decides to buy one of the franchised clubs and move them lock stock and barrel to say Leicester. It has happened in American football and in ice hockey which use a system very like our own.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"