Championies

dropdeadfred

I'm rarely seen drunk. However, if the pixies give me some pocket money if we get to warrington, I may let Bob guide me through the day!! :lol:

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

An excellent season. Well done everyone connected with the club.

Once the string of penalties stopped, so did Batley. I thought last twenty up the slope we were outstanding, although I must admit I thought Stuart's try was double movement.

From where I stood behind the sticks Stuart did move his arm forward but I also thought that the tackler had fallen off the tackle first and therefore Stu could do what he wanted.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

From where I stood behind the sticks Stuart did move his arm forward but I also thought that the tackler had fallen off the tackle first and therefore Stu could do what he wanted.

Where i was stood i probably had 1 of the best views possible of it and Stu kept the ball carrying arm up then grounded it on the line.

Thought we had at least a 50% share of the crowd too

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

Great day! Fans were awesome!! was a great achievement winning the league just hoe we get to final now it should be awesome if we do!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Where i was stood i probably had 1 of the best views possible of it and Stu kept the ball carrying arm up then grounded it on the line.

id say 55-60% of the crowd id say

Congratulations to all conected with the club absolutley made up...honest, just to think that it was only three years ago you stuffed us in the final up at headingley to get promoted and 3 years later champions again, hopefuly see you at warrington and fingers crossed that 4th times the charm, see you next season.

Up the Roughyeds!

What a atmosphere after the game, it was absolutely brilliant it made up for last week. The atmosphere at the clubhouse when the lads returned was brilliant too and it was a good night and im paying the penalty for that this morning. I do agree about Ben Kaye he appears to love it at the Rovers, you could see that by the expressions on his face after the game.

Thank-you Featherstone Rovers for this season, you are my Champions!

Im Fev and im proud

I was standing about 5 yards away right behind the sticks, I would've been pretty annoyed if it had been given against us.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

did anybody listen to radio leeds on way home, Karl Harrison said "Fev have come top of the league but that means nothing" what a toilet he is.

and he thought batley were best side and that a couple of strange/bad refereeing decisions cost them the game especially the cambell disallowed try in first half and the resulting scrum feed

does he actually watch the game FEV forward pass batley knock on simples and if you hadn't got the outlandish penalty count in your favour you wouldnt have been at the races try to keep up carl!

did anybody listen to radio leeds on way home, Karl Harrison said "Fev have come top of the league but that means nothing" what a toilet he is.

and he thought batley were best side and that a couple of strange/bad refereeing decisions cost them the game especially the cambell disallowed try in first half and the resulting scrum feed

does he actually watch the game FEV forward pass batley knock on simples and if you hadn't got the outlandish penalty count in your favour you wouldnt have been at the races try to keep up carl!

Just an extremely bitter loser (arent we all) didn't go on about politics at Salford when he lost his job after leading them to an impressive 12th in the league?

Cummins Out.

I'd be interested to know what the frist half penalty count was. I'm not arguing whether they were penaties or not. What I'm saying is that surely Batley were also guilty of some of the offences Fev were punished for. I saw at least three blatant examples of holding down at the PTB and at least two very high shots go unpunished first half. As I posted earlier, once the penalties stopped Batley effectively lost the game. The same for forward passes, first half Laughton only seemed to see the Fev ones.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I'm pretty surprised at the last few posts, we were the best team in the first half, second half we had a load of chances to finish you off. But we didn't and the rest is history.

Fev fans I was sat with acknowledged this.

However fev came good in the end. well done, but lets have a little credit for Batley please.

At times we ran you ragged.

I'm pretty surprised at the last few posts, we were the best team in the first half, second half we had a load of chances to finish you off. But we didn't and the rest is history.

Fev fans I was sat with acknowledged this.

However fev came good in the end. well done, but lets have a little credit for Batley please.

At times we ran you ragged.

You ran us ragged until the penalties stopped. Then we beat you playing up the slope. I've played on Mount Pleasant - what an inapropriate name BTW - playing up the slope is far from pleasant.

Clement Attlee.

Congratulations to all at Fev on winning the league. I'd love it if my club could emulate the success you've had this season. Well done to all.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

You ran us ragged until the penalties stopped. Then we beat you playing up the slope. I've played on Mount Pleasant - what an inapropriate name BTW - playing up the slope is far from pleasant.

Your second to last try, the kick to Saxton was of a dubious penalty and like you said you'd be disapointed if the "Stu " try was given against your team.

All in all we lost simple as and Tonks was astounding.

Your second to last try, the kick to Saxton was of a dubious penalty and like you said you'd be disapointed if the "Stu " try was given against your team.

All in all we lost simple as and Tonks was astounding.

As I've already said; I couldn't have been better placed to see it and Stu's try was correctly awarded. The ball was only ever grounded on the line and it looks like, as Stuart56 points out, from the highlights on youtube, the would-be tackler appears to drop off him so the tackle was never complete in the 1st place.

I'm pretty sure every1 knew we were goin to get a tough match with Batley hitting a rich vein of form at the mo and fighting for that play off spot and that's exactly what we got, but i thought that KH's comments on radio leeds smacked of sour grapes and we just about deserved the win as Batley threw everything bar the kitchen sink at us and were essentially playing "cup final" rugby whereas we had a bit more control.

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

I'm pretty sure every1 knew we were goin to get a tough match with Batley hitting a rich vein of form at the mo and fighting for that play off spot and that's exactly what we got, but i thought that KH's comments on radio leeds smacked of sour grapes and we just about deserved the win as Batley threw everything bar the kitchen sink at us and were essentially playing "cup final" rugby whereas we had a bit more control.

I said on here last week that I thought Batley would give us a tough game - I saw them play Barrow. And they did. The fact remains that they benefitted from a string of penalties in the first half - perhaps from Fev's poor discipline - who knows? Whatever the reason for them, once the penalties stopped coming Batley started to struggle. Fev dominated the last twenty minutes, up the slope, that's when the game was won.

Clement Attlee.

Probably my fav away venue.

I was speaking from the point of view of having to play on it. One former pro player I know says that most pros call it Mount Unpleasant. It's a huge advantage to Batley. You could tell second half they knew just where to kick the ball to get maximum advantage from the myriad angles of the pitch.

Clement Attlee.

Could i congratulate Featherstone players officials and supporters, for your achievement. it was your day yesterday well done. on a side note the you tube video proves that the saxton try was clearly onside when he scored in the second half.the game is all about opinions as we all know, but to say that it was the lack of penalties we got made a difference is very harsh in my opinion. Up until the final whistle the result could have gone either way.

I really believed the game breaker was when ian Preece failed to trap the ball just before half time, and you scored from it.I would add that Ian Preece has had a great season, and is a 110% player.

Well done again

unlikely now thanks to you lot :D , but it would be great to see you all again in the play offs.

:D Well i have now settled down after the victory on Sunday and its implications. I would like to pay an immense thank you to all the team, the Board of Directors, the back room staff, coaches, club shop bar staff for a brilliant season so far.

There have been sweeping changes over the past few years and this has reflected in the professionalism of the club both on and off the field.

Thanks again and good luck for the remaing few games.

As I've already said; I couldn't have been better placed to see it and Stu's try was correctly awarded. The ball was only ever grounded on the line and it looks like, as Stuart56 points out, from the highlights on youtube, the would-be tackler appears to drop off him so the tackle was never complete in the 1st place.

I think KH's comments were made immediately after the match when he was seething at the Dogs having missed out on the top 6 place. Before the season started he said that the goals for the season were to win the NR Cup and finish in the top 6. Us Dogs supporters who have been around for a few years had a wry smile to ourselves but he has proved us wrong in relation to the NR Cup and he was spitting blood about the top 6. Don't think he meant it as sour grapes just frustrated at what he perceived as us losing a match we should have won.

I think KH's comments were made immediately after the match when he was seething at the Dogs having missed out on the top 6 place. Before the season started he said that the goals for the season were to win the NR Cup and finish in the top 6. Us Dogs supporters who have been around for a few years had a wry smile to ourselves but he has proved us wrong in relation to the NR Cup and he was spitting blood about the top 6. Don't think he meant it as sour grapes just frustrated at what he perceived as us losing a match we should have won.

Yeah I go along with that but I'd like to make the point I didn't have a problem with any of the Fev tries, just gutted we missed out on the three points.

I said on here last week that I thought Batley would give us a tough game - I saw them play Barrow. And they did. The fact remains that they benefitted from a string of penalties in the first half - perhaps from Fev's poor discipline - who knows? Whatever the reason for them, once the penalties stopped coming Batley started to struggle. Fev dominated the last twenty minutes, up the slope, that's when the game was won.

Personally I think the team started to pick up when the fans go into fine voice! Seemed to give them a big lift

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...