Wembley Challenge Cup Final 2010 - The build up

Agreed, but should Leeds have had a better alternative kit? I seem to remember Bradford made a kit (yellow?) especially for the 1997 CC final when their kit clashed with that of St Helens.

Amber ;)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that, as an away kit this proves it doesn't work. Although they are used differently nowadays, they are still meant to be used when a colour clash occurs. However their kit still results in just as bad a colour clash.

If the RFL had any sense they would switch this right away, to Wire's genuine away kit.

I agree this is something that they should have thought through before the final and insisted that for the final Wire wear green and red.

But its down to the RFL to act now, to force Leeds to wear a special one off Wembley kit, even a white one would be better and still traditional. It would be a marketing dream too.

Traditionally the kit choice is done on the toss of a coin, I agree that the kit clash will be confusing , maybe Leeds could play in the blue and pink kit they wore for the Huddersfield game.It would also be a national stage for the mens health issues the kit was helping to promote.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

If the RFL had any sense they would switch this right away, to Wire's genuine away kit.

If Leeds had any commercial sense a special one-off Challenge Cup final shirt would be produced and sold.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think Gary knows this too

I'm going for very dark blue with the traditional blue, amber and a bit of white as piping.

RRP

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Following Warrington's victory in the Carnegie Challenge Cup semi final, it has been confirmed at that the Rhinos will wear our away kit at Wembley because of the clash of colours between the two clubs.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/14618.php

Leeds wore this kit last month at the HJ Stadium and there was still a colour clash with Wire's primrose and blue!!!!!

Wire should have been made to play in red and green, it would make it a lot easier on TV.

This is the most pointless thread. It is obvious that if Warrington keep their home shirt and switch to blue shorts and blue socks and Leeds stay as they are (amber shirts, white socks) there will be no problem.

It happens all the time in football. Why don't the RFL just tell wire to do that? It is just common sense. Both can play in blue and amber, Wembley looks great, job done! ;)

i think clubs should use thier traditional colours as far as possible.cant see any trouble with the above kits.wires are mailnly blue leeds amber.just make shorts and socks different on both sides.

Yeah the tops aint too bad, but both the Wires primrose shorts and socks make it a clash with Leeds shorts and socks.

Yeah the tops aint too bad, but both the Wires primrose shorts and socks make it a clash with Leeds shorts and socks.

Then the RFL should just tell Wire they have to wear blue shorts and socks. Job done. Is it not so obvious? Are the RFL that stupid? Happens all the time in football.

Then the RFL should just tell Wire they have to wear blue shorts and socks. Job done. Is it not so obvious? Are the RFL that stupid? Happens all the time in football.

That would be one solution, them yellow Wire shorts are horrid too whoever designed them wants shooting!

The RFL are that stupid though.

Indeed, but we'll be out numbered

Wires:- at best will sell 25/27k, no chance on the 30K+ last year

Leeds:- sold 7k after the semi on sat, they'll sell 40/42K no probs (first wembley final since 99)

It'll be fantastic to see Wembley Full.

This will be my fourth Wembley on the trot (since the return to Wembley) and the RFL needs a sell out crowd.

Edited by 1976PMJwires

Indeed, but we'll be out numbered

Wires:- at best will sell 25/27k, no chance on the 30K+ last year

Leeds:- sold 7k after the semi on sat, they'll sell 40/42K no probs (first wembley final since 99)

It'll be fantastic to see Wembley Full.

This will be my fourth Wembley on the trot (since the return to Wembley) and the RFL needs a sell out crowd.

Hmm not sure if Leeds will take that many was thinking 35K? Wire may not take as many as last year due to the novelty factor but 25K and 35K from Leeds should come close to selling the new stadium out.

Hmm not sure if Leeds will take that many was thinking 35K? Wire may not take as many as last year due to the novelty factor but 25K and 35K from Leeds should come close to selling the new stadium out.

that would mean approx 27/28K neutrals.

I think someone from Leeds will put us right.

at least we agree over the Wires. :P

For once this game does have the novelty/glamour factor - although it does pain me to say it because Wendall will be dinig out on it :lol: Leeds having the largest support in SL (and a huge catchment area) with no Cup or Wembley success in over a decade against a side that are certainly on the rise and has a feelgood factor about it.

Take nothing away from Saints but I think the lower showings of fans for GFs and CCs over the last couple of years is just a reflection of how much success the club has had recently. Ten CC SFs on the trot and 4 SL GFs on the trot is an amazing achievement.

The thought of this game does bring a buzz back to the CCF. 2007 with Catalans was good (big crowd) and last year was a novelty but Hudds support did have an impact on the attendance. I would imagine that, barring some Club Wembley seats, this will be a lock out.

That would be one solution, them yellow Wire shorts are horrid too whoever designed them wants shooting!

The RFL are that stupid though.

Yeah, it's actually not too bad a shirt, but the primrose shorts just look daft.

I wonder if they'll be keeping the same shirt for next year... :rolleyes: