Leeds' accounts

From today's LE - a 3 million pound profit for the year ended 31 October 09. That's an absouutely amazing figure unless I'm missing something.

Wages and Salaries - 4.6 million. If you exclude the cap how are they spending 3m on non playing salaries?

An impressive image is shown of their potentially developed ground, nice to see still no cover for the away fans.

thats awesome.

the proposed ground improvements look really good too.

as with st helens headingly isnt good enough for the rhinos in its current format

3 million pounds profit would make the rhinos the most profitable RL club in the world

our best in oz is the broncos at $3 million pa

You can see an artists impression of the ground at the below link

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/14711.php

Criticisms would be:

1. They still have that stupid wonky Carnegie stand

2. The away stand looks about as good as ever!!

to be fair, I hope they get it, all good for the game.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I'll call off the various sets of accounts and have a good look through as soon as I get a minute. First reaction is that the numbers must reflect some exceptional item - like the year the Bulls treated most of the 17-year Odsal settlement as year-1 income, or when Leeds sold the cricket ground. Will prob depend which of the various companies the numbers are for.

But it can never be a bad thing when profits flow into RL. Shame some of these likely came from somewhere I would very much have preferred them not to have, but much more to the point its a major issue that most other clubs currently have limited if any potential to make profits of any kind. That is the big challenge facing the game going forward IMO.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

I'll call off the various sets of accounts and have a good look through as soon as I get a minute. First reaction is that the numbers must reflect some exceptional item - like the year the Bulls treated most of the 17-year Odsal settlement as year-1 income, or when Leeds sold the cricket ground. Will prob depend which of the various companies the numbers are for.

But it can never be a bad thing when profits flow into RL. Shame some of these likely came from somewhere I would very much have preferred them not to have, but much more to the point its a major issue that most other clubs currently have limited if any potential to make profits of any kind. That is the big challenge facing the game going forward IMO.

Are the Bulls still forced to contribute to these healthy profits or is it all done and dusted now?

Are the Bulls still forced to contribute to these healthy profits or is it all done and dusted now?

Although the club won't comment on this issue, the general opinion is that the is still some way to go before things are 'done and dusted'.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Here are Leeds Rugby accounts

Thanks - but I'll get the full set from Companies House. All the interesting stuff and detail is always in the notes and narratives. I never use a D&B (or similar) summary for credit assessment or interpretation. Far too little detail.

Also, looks like these are the intermediate parent co accounts - but not consolidated, so not really very meaningful.

I can't remember the group structure - from memory it was not deliberately complex or anything - so I can't remember which accounts you need.

Edited by Adeybull

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

You can see an artists impression of the ground at the below link

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/14711.php

Criticisms would be:

1. They still have that stupid wonky Carnegie stand

2. The away stand looks about as good as ever!!

to be fair, I hope they get it, all good for the game.

Thats the worst away end in SL, tiny, out in the open and crumbling.

Leeds should do-up that end first.

I think there's an issue around this regarding the houses to the back being too close to be able to extend

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Far from it. That accolade goes to Wakefield.

But that's very closely followed by the other end.

And the 2 sides...

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I think there's an issue around this regarding the houses to the back being too close to be able to extend

I assume the problem with the houses behind is the overlooking and also any possible over shadowing of a roof.

What I can't understand is the Cricket ground stand on that side is huge, surely that causes over shadowing too how did they get round planning?

I wonder if there is some technological solution to this?

The most the away fans want is some kind of cover over their heads on a rainy day.

Maybe some arrangement to have a temporary roof just for match days, it might sound dodgy on first hearing, but I'm sure architechs and engineers nowa days can come up with some innovative solutions to this problem.

I'm sure if it was for match days only during the season the residents would have less objections if it all packed away like a convertable car roof. The score board and SKyTV already provide structures of some height at that end so I'm certain some compromise can be reached.

It's all about da bass

You two have clearly never been in the Grimsby end at Caravan Park. Give me Leeds and Wakey over the Dobbins' hell-hole-without-a-view any day.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

On the subject of the redevelopment of Headingley; both Leeds rugby and Yorkshire cricket have had significant sums of money from the taxpayer, via Leeds Met, to pay for stand rebuilds. My understanding is that the South Stand was pretty much paid for by the University and that the latter is also paying Leeds RU

its not the official away end ,noones forcing away fans to stand there

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On the subject of the redevelopment of Headingley; both Leeds rugby and Yorkshire cricket have had significant sums of money from the taxpayer, via Leeds Met, to pay for stand rebuilds. My understanding is that the South Stand was pretty much paid for by the University and that the latter is also paying Leeds RU

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

its not the official away end ,noones forcing away fans to stand there

Ok, so your not forced to stand there, but it is the un-offical away stand.

Would you suggest away fans just get there early and take up residence in the south stand? That would be quite funny if 2-3k away fans (big game) turned up early and leeds fans were on the western terrace :D

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

thats awesome.

the proposed ground improvements look really good too.

as with st helens headingly isnt good enough for the rhinos in its current format

3 million pounds profit would make the rhinos the most profitable RL club in the world

our best in oz is the broncos at $3 million pa

Funny you should mention Saints as the same day Leeds were announcing this Saints announced a loss of

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally