Bradford and Odsal

Something that is really making my blood boil at the moment is seeing all the ground status's of Salford, Wakey, Cas under pressure on Boots'n'all and SLS yet Odsal is never mentioned despite being far worse than Salford and Cas due to the sheer lack of cover and poor design for RL. Yes I know it is because the RFL did not mention it as an "at risk" ground. However why is that exactly? It is the worst ground to watch on telly by a country mile and completely unsuitable due to the threat of getting wet thru

Ange Powers said last week that a ground had to have 10k people under cover, yet Odsal does not have this so again surely it is time that this ground was put at risk too

It is the weakest link - goodbye

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gobby, you need to go see someone about your worrying obsession with Bradford and its stadium. Soon.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Gobby, you need to go see someone about your worrying obsession with Bradford and its stadium. Soon.

Why the feck should Cas Wakey and Salford clubs/fans be turding themselves about new stadiums when Odsal is also not suitable for SL?

Is it because they recently had some success and are a city club?

Lobby + Bradford/Odsal rant = scratched record.

Give it a rest. You made your point. Few agree. Get over it.

Whatever you say he makes a very valid point - Brafords succes over the years is still fresh in peoples memories so they are seen as one fo the bigger clubs buit are they really?

The stadium IS rubbish, fact

The true depth of Bradfords support is now being shown as not that much greater than Cas or Wakefield

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Whatever you say he makes a very valid point - Brafords succes over the years is still fresh in peoples memories so they are seen as one fo the bigger clubs buit are they really?

The stadium IS rubbish, fact

The true depth of Bradfords support is now being shown as not that much greater than Cas or Wakefield

but as its greater they still tick MORE boxes.

Bradford need a new ground, we all know this, Blame RFL /ESL not Bradford.

Bradford bring plenty to the ESL and their license warrants there position in SL

Good Luck in getting your ground, if not its au revoir to either Wakey or Cas.

So you're agreeing with the original poster - I don;t recall him blaming Bradford. He is questioning why Bradford are not under pressure like Cas, Wakey and Salford

Your post agrees with him

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Christ no.

If the RFL started looking at kicking Bradford out we'd have to look so far down the list of replacements that clubs like Leigh will be in with a shout of winning a license and we all know the RFL don't want that! :P

Nothing wrong with Odsal, it has more covered seating then Castleford and Wakefield put together.

Odsal main stand

326371678_56c2c657e2_b.jpg

Jungle main stand

336606316_982a4a8ed0_b.jpg

Now I could understand if Odsal looked like it did when my dad was following Northern but it doesn't.

GF-Odsal4.jpg

Something that is really making my blood boil at the moment is seeing all the ground status's of Salford, Wakey, Cas under pressure on Boots'n'all and SLS yet Odsal is never mentioned despite being far worse than Salford and Cas due to the sheer lack of cover and poor design for RL. Yes I know it is because the RFL did not mention it as an "at risk" ground. However why is that exactly? It is the worst ground to watch on telly by a country mile and completely unsuitable due to the threat of getting wet thru

Ange Powers said last week that a ground had to have 10k people under cover, yet Odsal does not have this so again surely it is time that this ground was put at risk too

It is the weakest link - goodbye

What a load of old tosh, since when has Angela Powers been the person who decides to throw out of Super League.

Face it, we are here to stay.

Nothing wrong with Odsal, it has more covered seating then Castleford and Wakefield put together.

Now I could understand if Odsal looked like it did when my dad was following Northern but it doesn't.

[

So as long as it LOOKS ok?

So you're agreeing with the original poster - I don;t recall him blaming Bradford. He is questioning why Bradford are not under pressure like Cas, Wakey and Salford

Your post agrees with him

Yes i agree the stadia needs improvement(s) but not with his rant.

It's simple why Bradford are not under pressure, they tick more of the boxes than the others.

Edited by 1976PMJwires

Odsal main stand

326371678_56c2c657e2_b.jpg

Jungle main stand

336606316_982a4a8ed0_b.jpg

GF-Odsal4.jpg

I didn't say "covered seating" - I just said "covered"

Cas has more proportional cover than Odsal. Only behind the sticks is not covered and a bit on either side of the side stand

but as its greater they still tick MORE boxes.

Bradford bring plenty to the ESL and their license warrants there position in SL

Good Luck in getting your ground, if not its au revoir to either Wakey or Cas.

You mean blame the RFL because Bradford have a poor stadium or because they weren't "in the mix" with Cas etc?

These days what do Bradford bring that Cas don't? Is it because they are named after a city and won SL a few years back?

Sky games at Cas have far more atmosphere, and they have more than one song ;)

One rule for some another rule for others

It needs a serious overhaul over there at Bradford, the days of them having 20,000 crowds and regular final appearances is long gone, and the fans have gone with it! I don't think they are in danger of losing their superleague licence, but its job on for those in charge to get them moving forward as a club because in every depatment from marketing to player base they are failing.

You mean blame the RFL because Bradford have a poor stadium or because they weren't "in the mix" with Cas etc?

These days what do Bradford bring that Cas don't? Is it because they are named after a city and won SL a few years back?

Sky games at Cas have far more atmosphere, and they have more than one song ;)

One rule for some another rule for others

Its a licence issue, and you can rant all you like :P

The RFL released the grading of each of the 14 clubs on 23 July 2008.[10]

A licence

Hull FC

Leeds Rhinos

Warrington Wolves

B licence

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Wigan Warriors

C licence

Castleford Tigers

Catalans Dragons

Celtic Crusaders

Harlequins

Hull KR

Huddersfield Giants

Salford City Reds

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

So there you have it, and thats why Cas, Wakey and Salford are turding it.

Now can this thread be put to bed.

Its a licence issue, and you can rant all you like :P

[

The date is quite important there - do you feel nothing has changed since then?

A licence

Hull FC

Leeds Rhinos

Warrington Wolves

B licence

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Wigan Warriors

C licence

Castleford Tigers

Catalans Dragons