ON/420/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Castleford 06/06/10

ON/387/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Leeds v Wigan 29/05/10

ON/340/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Huddersfield v Wigan 16/05/10

ON/343/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Huddersfield v Wigan 16/05/10

ON/214/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Salford v Wigan 11/04/10

ON/215/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Salford v Wigan 11/04/10

ON/176/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan St Helens v Wigan 02/04/10

ON/151/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Leeds 26/03/10

Hes certainly kept the RFL busy this season.

HW

and Wigan fans think Leeds are the special ones........... LMFCO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOD DAMN RFL IN RHINOS POCKETS!

NONE OF THEIR PLAYERS EVER GET CHARGED FOR ANYTHING!

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Did Joel T get anything for his kick?

Nothing at all

Ah right, so im guessing the other was by a Wigan player?

Of course

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

ON/650/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Leeds 12/09/10

ON/568/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Leeds v Wigan 30/07/10

ON/528/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Warrington 16/07/10

ON/420/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Castleford 06/06/10

ON/387/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Leeds v Wigan 29/05/10

ON/340/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Huddersfield v Wigan 16/05/10

ON/343/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Huddersfield v Wigan 16/05/10

ON/214/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Salford v Wigan 11/04/10

ON/215/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Salford v Wigan 11/04/10

ON/176/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan St Helens v Wigan 02/04/10

ON/151/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Leeds 26/03/10

Hes certainly kept the RFL busy this season.

HW

ON/637/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Hull FC v Leeds 04/09/10

ON/629/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Warrington v Leeds 28/08/10

ON/567/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v Wigan 30/07/10

ON/500/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Hull KR v Leeds 09/07/10

ON/492/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v St Helens 03/07/10

ON/363/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Bradford v Leeds 23/05/10

ON/212/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds V Hull FC 11/04/10

ON/168/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v Bradford 01/04/10

ON/152/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Wigan v Leeds 26/03/10

ON/36/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Wakefield v Leeds 14/02/10

ON/08/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Crusaders v Leeds 29/01/10

11 each, 1 charge each

Is Joel Tomkins as much a cheapshot thug as Bailey or is he just a hotheaded idiot? He should have been fined for his idiocy (being a 'pickhead'?in his foolish lashing out at McGuire but seeing as it was so soft all it deserved was a fine & a sin binning at the very most.

He got away too lightly but it was moronic rather than dangerous, there-in lyes the difference, in my opinion.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Forget the kick, what about the 3 attempted trips this weekend that no one even blinked at.

There was one attempted trip in each of the first 3 games as players broke through, but no one seams to care about attempted trips any more only if they actually connect. As for the kick I was distracted when it happened so can't recall it that well, but I recall the SKY team saying he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

As for Buderus' chance on appeal, he has a more difficult task than Radford. Radford was found guilty and got a 1 match ban, however they did not appeal the charge just the sentence as he had been sent off for about 70 minutes they argued a 1 match ban had effectively already been served.

So Radford still got a 1 match ban but no effect on the next game for time already served.

I'd assume as Buderus did not even get a Yellow in the match he would have to aim from proving that it's not a spear tackle to get the sentence removed. I think the disciplinary panel would struggle to justify not giving any ban for a spear tackle as it sets an example they would not wish to follow. If they did that then any player accused of the same would be able to argue a down grade of punishment based on the same evidence.

Was it a spear? Well I'm not sure. The Leeds player leaving the contact did not help as he would normally have controlled the upper body. It was only a few weeks ago there was a debate about banning shoulder charges, are we now going to ban tackles below the waist. And anything that bounces up of the shoulder.

Thats leaving a pretty small target of the hips to chest for players to hit accurately at speed.

It was not like Buderus was intentionally lifting through the legs to drive him into the deck. It was just a low tackle that ended up with the Wigan players balance being knocked downwards by the Leeds player who left the tackle.

Either way though all very difficult to argue, legally.

It's all about da bass

Was it a spear? Well I'm not sure. The Leeds player leaving the contact did not help as he would normally have controlled the upper body. It was only a few weeks ago there was a debate about banning shoulder charges, are we now going to ban tackles below the waist. And anything that bounces up of the shoulder.

Thats leaving a pretty small target of the hips to chest for players to hit accurately at speed.

It was not like Buderus was intentionally lifting through the legs to drive him into the deck. It was just a low tackle that ended up with the Wigan players balance being knocked downwards by the Leeds player who left the tackle.

I said this in a thread at the weekend. Kylie L stopped the runner in his tracks and then bounced off. The runner then had no go forward. Buderus was already committed as the low tackler and the fact that the tackle turned into a lift was to me purely accidental with no intent.

This thread has been accompanied by the sing along classic "and we all hate Wigan and we all hate Wigan and we all hate Wigan" as covered by Wendy and the Wendallettes.

And the Wigan fans are singing "Paranoid" by Uncle Mo and the Brown Paper Parcels.

Mate, you'd actually being talking sense in the Wigan-Leeds threads until that post.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Colin Clarke, Phil Clarkes dad is on the RFL Tribunal commitee and we all know how biased Phil is towards Wigan, I just cant wait to hear is biased voice on Friday on Sky when the Red Red Robins go Bob Bob Bobbing along to the semi !!! Will it tip him over the edge ?

out of order bringing phil clarke into this, wasn't it a spear tackle that ended his career. :angry:

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Is Joel Tomkins as much a cheapshot thug as Bailey or is he just a hotheaded idiot? He should have been fined for his idiocy (being a 'pickhead'?in his foolish lashing out at McGuire but seeing as it was so soft all it deserved was a fine & a sin binning at the very most.

He got away too lightly but it was moronic rather than dangerous, there-in lyes the difference, in my opinion.

Tomkins is an ASBO wearing a rugby shirt. Three of his referrals to the disciplinary panel are for offences in 3 different games against leeds. Two of the offences are for use of the knees against danny buderus (cynical and unnecessary) and the kick on sunday was also deemed "cynical and unnecessary". It would appear ASBO Tomkins will have to murder a leeds player before any action is taken against him. That's highly unlikely with Phil Clarkes dad sitting on the panel. It's only a matter of time before someone removes his front teeth "Radford" style if he carries on with his nasty little cheap shots.

There were 2, i was just pointing out one seems to have been "overlooked" shall we say

Maybe it was overlooked because of the "special relationship" :lol: wigan have with the rfl.

Tomkins is an ASBO wearing a rugby shirt. Three of his referrals to the disciplinary panel are for offences in 3 different games against leeds. Two of the offences are for use of the knees against danny buderus (cynical and unnecessary) and the kick on sunday was also deemed "cynical and unnecessary". It would appear ASBO Tomkins will have to murder a leeds player before any action is taken against him. That's highly unlikely with Phil Clarkes dad sitting on the panel. It's only a matter of time before someone removes his front teeth "Radford" style if he carries on with his nasty little cheap shots.

:lol::lol::lol: Brilliant.

And rightly so... however, I think the disciplinary panel and subsequant review panel is a bit of a joke and need sorting.

I agree the decision is right (eventually) but it really is a crazy situation. I presume the review panel is made up of totally different people to the original group?

I agree the decision is right (eventually) but it really is a crazy situation. I presume the review panel is made up of totally different people to the original group?

Aye. Last week they were from West Hull, this week they were from Headingleyish.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Something to think about; Leeds fans gave Wigan fans hell etc over some possible twitter abuse and criticising McGuire yet they are celebrating and mocking what was the most dangerous type of tackle in RL. The NRL IIRC had to start taking a tough stance following the Jarrod McCracken case and the legal implications.

Given virtually every RL fan predicted / expected this reversal does it not show how inept the RFL are. Lions led by donkeys would be an apt description.

yet again the RFL prove what a joke they are! :rolleyes:

it certainly does. What additional evidence is used for the review panel that wouldnt be available to the original disciplinary panel? None I presume, apart from a more rehersed 'im a good boy' routine!

I think that when the panel give out the punishment on diciplinary night the 'offender' and co should be given an hour to oppose the punishment.. I dont think there should be a review a week later.

These overturn bans are happening more and the RFL are now setting a presidence in letting ppl off.