Exiles announce squad to face England

Exiles Rugby League coach Brian McClennan has named a formidable and dynamic looking 19 man squad for the International Origin Match against England at Warrington (Friday June 14).

The former New Zealand supremo includes four Warrington Wolves players, nine newcomers and only one Exiles ever-present in St Helens’ Sia Soliola, meaning that at least seven Super League players will make their Exiles bow.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

hohaia instead of rhys hanbury????

mclennan has obviously not watched many super league games this season.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Not had a chance to look who's in yet, but I'll put my outrage on the record now to avoid any doubt.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

sorry guys and gals, didn't notice rhys first time around.......but hohaia???

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Close enough - he's an ex-Islander.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

yeah but which island is it this year???

hopefully JJB will and we may stand a chance of a victory......

Lance Hohaia to me looks to be the interchange hooker. I'd probably go for the Hull KR half back partnership. It does look a bit underwhelming to be honest, so it's probably a good match for the England squad.

I still wouldn't have picked any Leeds and Widnes players though with them playing the following Monday.

SCORE (Dream on:)))) ENGLAND 26 EXILES 4 Crowd 14000 (Capacity or whatever it holds)

Banana sacked

REALITY SCORE ENGLAND 10 EXILES 24 Crowd 10274 (RFL figure) (Reality 7842 includes free tickets/discounts/cats/dogs/etc:(

Banana offered new 50 year contract:(

CM

:)

one glaring omission.....................cory paterson

one glaring omission.....................cory paterson

Injured.

Not going well for you this thread, is it?

Two more in Dean Collis and Shannon McDonnell.

I just think Bluey will have them going full belt whereas England will be totally underwhelmed after hearing McNamara's pre game talk.

How can a coach who was so utterly dreadful at club level get the England gig?

So that's every Wire overseas player.  Exiles may have more "home" support than England...

I did wonder if the sides would lean this way, as I think with the game being on a Friday night at Warrington the aim should be for a majority North-West fanbase.

So that's every Wire overseas player.  

It's almost like the RFL have a plan for generating local interest.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)