Next Season

jamescolin

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Donny have their 3 points back they will have 57 points if they beat Halifax.With one game left that leaves Halifax if they get a bonus point on 56. So the maximum then would be 60 for Donny and 59 for Halifax. It follows we need Just one win in those circumstances to get second place. So come on Donny do the trick. We will of course beat Sheffield and Keighley but the win for Donny would take a bit of pressure off and give us the $450K for next season. We will need it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this come under the same 'POSSIBLE' heading as Tonks? Or is it more positive. After the win over Sheffield our young players seem to be coming more to the fore. One thing is more certain and that is we are fast approaching a straight edge for next season financially.

Paul Sykes anyone?

Paul Sykes anyone?

Seems you were right. Is Tonks still a possibility? It is certainly going to be a mad scramble for SL next season. Two centres still required?

Now the dust has settled somewhat we know who are the opposition for Next Season in our bid to reach SL. The first requirement is reaching the top four. The main opposition is: London, Bradford and Leigh. There is going to be one almighty scramble for that fourth place. Do you think our recruitment so far is good enough to face this opposition? If not where do we need strengthening and where is that to come from. Finally have we enough brass to do it.. I still feel our finances are open to question, do you?

Now the dust has settled somewhat we know who are the opposition for Next Season in our bid to reach SL. The first requirement is reaching the top four. The main opposition is: London, Bradford and Leigh. There is going to be one almighty scramble for that fourth place. Do you think our recruitment so far is good enough to face this opposition? If not where do we need strengthening and where is that to come from. Finally have we enough brass to do it.. I still feel our finances are open to question, do you?

Colin mate, you seem determined to get a debate going about our finances, when none of us knows what our financial situation is. if it's anything like our house, only Campbells wife will know

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

What no pocket money again OR.

lol

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

I did try telling people this earlier but money can obviously influence people but he had said the one club he wouldnt sign for was Fev so iwere quite surprised when his name cropped up as a potential signing for Fev.

I'm surprised at that because I overheard him after the Fev-Fax play-off game. Someone asked if he'd be coming back to Fev next year and Tonka's reply was 

"It's down to Campbell"

Maybe the reason he won't come to Fev is because they won't meet his wage demands?

I'm surprised at that because I overheard him after the Fev-Fax play-off game. Someone asked if he'd be coming back to Fev next year and Tonka's reply was 

"It's down to Campbell"

Maybe the reason he won't come to Fev is because they won't meet his wage demands?

I too was told of something of a similar nature " it's down to Fev"

Im Fev and im proud

maybe he's a mate of Fordys

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

To my mind Kain has been one of our most consistant and loyal players. I would be loath to see him go. Further he is tried and tested. I reckon that for him to be replaced by someone that hasn't laced up his Rovers boots is foolhardy. Not another Bastain sequence I hope.

Sadly I don't think Andy has had the best of seasons, for one reason or another. Maybe the decision not to play him at the start of the season has had an effect or he's been carrying an injury? Would have expected him to be ripping it up at the business end of the season but it didn't happen. Perhaps its time to move on.

Archived