Next Season

jamescolin

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be good for some announcements from the club about new players/re-signings for next year, get some positivity going after all that's happened..

Have to agree but let's make sure they are better than what we have and they have signed on the dotted line before we are told

Heard tonight we've signed an exceptionally good player for next season. Pretty sure we'll be very competitive next year come what may.

Probably can't give us more namne information Terry, but can you you say whether he is a back or a forward?

Heard tonight we've signed an exceptionally good player for next season. Pretty sure we'll be very competitive next year come what may.

Terry, our chairman told me we will have a better squad next year than this, no names were mentioned and I didn't ask, that is good enough for me, if he says that then im sure we will be ok

Terry, our chairman told me we will have a better squad next year than this, no names were mentioned and I didn't ask, that is good enough for me, if he says that then im sure we will be ok

He sounded pretty chipper that we'll go ok next season in the programme on Sunday, and I thought then that I reckon we'll be ok. Still plenty of this season left to play for yet, mind you.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Accepting that the coach is not being changed yet again then after our big loss yesterday how many new players do we need to succeed next season and in what positions. Further can we afford any new players at all? Are the existing players playing up to their best potential. We have a lot of questions that need answers including finance. A statement of how we stand from management would help.

Accepting that the coach is not being changed yet again then after our big loss yesterday how many new players do we need to succeed next season and in what positions. Further can we afford any new players at all? Are the existing players playing up to their best potential. We have a lot of questions that need answers including finance. A statement of how we stand from management would help.

Almost half of the existing players aren't even playing, they're on the injured list. To have them all fit and injury free for next season would be a start.

How do you see the pack next season? With Crossley going do you see Annakin moving up front. It will be interesting to see if we make any signings.

Annaking a very good player, JC. Runs the ball in and good defence, but I think he is a little bit on the small side to be a recognized prop. Good second rower. 

I was suprised how small Annakin looked seeing him for the first time on Friday

To be fair Friday was the first time he struggled Craig, but Leigh's pack are bigger than most. He normally complements Crossley, Bostock, Dale and James very well, but Bostock was unfit and Dale and Trout both got injured early on. He also tired a little with only one forward being left on the bench. 

Look at Cas now. On way to Wembley for challenge cup final and 2 points from top of the league. Wish we still had DP and Finny.

for @@@@sake change the record

wonder   how   many   memberships   we    will    sell   next    season,or   what   the    average    attendance    will    be.if   we    don't    win   the    grand    final   how    many    supporters   will   stay    away   because    they   just    support    a    winning   team.we   have    a    hard   core    of    about   8    or   9   hundred    who    would    watch   the   team   every   week   as   long   as   the   players   wearing   the   shirt   put   100 %    effort   in.after   four    good    years   we   have   hit    a   blip,it   may   take   a   couple   of   years    to   rebuild.rather   than   take   on   ex   super   league  journeymen  let;s  give   the   young   uns   a   chance    try   to   bring   two   or   three   through.show   a   little   patience   with   them   and   give   them    a   few   consecutive   games  if   they    can't   hold   their   own    in   the   cha\mpionship   then   they   should   play   for   fun.find   it   heartwarming   that   rugby   league   players   can   knock   seven   bells   out   of   each   other   and   then  share    a  pint   and   a   chat    after   a   hard   game.

Agree with the last post we had the chance and decided to stay a small championship club .our times of being in finals or competing for s/l are a distant dream we need to build a team we can afford and aim to stay in the championship .we will lose those glory supporters

shaun pick, jack ormonroyd, kyron johnson, luke teasdale, jack coventry. sam day. persevere with these lads

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Me and my son will always be fev supporters till the day i die I will be blue & white the glory supporters can go down the road next year some probably heve gone already that's the glory support here today gone tomorrow the featherstone rovers family will support the blue & white what ever happens

for @@@@sake change the record

Finn wasn't an easy act to replace. Not that many quality, skilful half backs around. As a Leigh fan, I'm delighted he left Fev!! ;) However, I'm equally delighted he has proved his class/ability in SL, especially as there were many who ridiculed his step up.

You've had a disrupted season, with injuries and the well-publicised financial problems associated with 'you-know-who' leaving. As an outsider I reckon three or four good signings and a good close season, will see you competing for the top.

Finn was offered to Leigh this year for 15k p.a before he joined Cas, Rowley turned his agent down saying we had nowhere to fit him in, still can't decide if it was a mistake or not, I can't believe Fev let him go.

Finn was offered to Leigh this year for 15k p.a before he joined Cas, Rowley turned his agent down saying we had nowhere to fit him in, still can't decide if it was a mistake or not, I can't believe Fev let him go.

He actually signed a contract with Fax for this season, they agreed to release him from it when Cas came in for them and Liam told them he really wanted a shot at SL.

Archived