Tories

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, in that case: George Osborne pledges £50m to make England football team 'best in the world' I mean, what? Giving an organisation that is dripping in quite obscene amounts of money £50m of our tax money when we are supposed to be skint?

Osborne and Cameron seem to be touring the country promising countless millions to whomever they happen to be addressing at the time. Anybody would think there was a General Election coming up.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Poor choice of words but she raises some valid points TBF.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Exactly, but whether the parents need better food preparation skills is one thing, but there are increasing numbers of kids going to school without having breakfast mainly because they are in rented accommodation without cooking facilities. Then the schools have to take up the mantle of providing the kids with food before lessons

Who's to blame - schools, supermarkets, fast food chains, the legislation around rented properties??

Exactly, but whether the parents need better food preparation skills is one thing, but there are increasing numbers of kids going to school without having breakfast mainly because they are in rented accommodation without cooking facilities. Then the schools have to take up the mantle of providing the kids with food before lessons

Who's to blame - schools, supermarkets, fast food chains, the legislation around rented properties??

Not sure how you would apportion blame but there is no magic bullet. Lots of reasons why some children are in this position. I would include some parents in that though , I have seen packed lunches that had a chocolate bar and a packet of crisps in. You dont really need cooking facilties for breakfast though. I think cooking lessons for parents are good idea. I realise there can be a stigma attached to these types of courses and some will be reluctant to go. But if it can cut down on food waste and make budgets go further while feeding a family , no real down side.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

Agreed, very poor choice of words. But, as a politician, the ability to communicate should be a prime skill. Yet time and time again we see them mumbling insincere apologies and retractions.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Yet if they don't make an apology they are hammered for it , if they are slick in front of the media they are seen as an empty suit and hammered.

[

More evil! What are they up to, cutting stamp duty on most houses, and increasing it on high prices houses. So now someone buying a house for £2 million now pays £100, 000 in stamp duty. And someone buying one for £3 million pays £210,000. Some mansion tax, that.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1596051/Guide-Stamp-duty-property.html

Has anyone ever seen Ed Miliband in a checked shirt and a pair of jeans or chinos? When was Harriet Harman ever seen dancing round her hanbag at a PTA disco? There's no point in slagging off the Tories for being posh and remote when the alternative is exactly the same.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Has anyone ever seen Ed Miliband in a checked shirt and a pair of jeans or chinos? When was Harriet Harman ever seen dancing round her hanbag at a PTA disco? There's no point in slagging off the Tories for being posh and remote when the alternative is exactly the same.

So if you don't do the above you are posh and remote?

What's wrong with being posh?

As for remote I'd rather people be who they are than pretending to be something they aren't

How do you know what Harriet Harman found in her spare time?

If a politician is seen dancing round a handbag in a disco. It isn't being down with the ordinary folks: it's what's known as a photo opportunity. It's phoney and part of the problem. Your man garage is keen on this kind of stuff

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

More evil! What are they up to, cutting stamp duty on most houses, and increasing it on high prices houses. So now someone buying a house for £2 million now pays £100, 000 in stamp duty. And someone buying one for £3 million pays £210,000. Some mansion tax, that.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1596051/Guide-Stamp-duty-property.html

Won't this force lower prices up, since prices of some houses have been kept artificially low to avoid stamp duty. How much easier is it going to be for first-time buyers to purchase a house?

Keeping it local

I see the Tories have craftily slid through a measure allowing parties to increase spending on the election by 23%.  Effectively this means the Tories, they are the only party this will benefit.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/13/tories-david-cameron-buy-election-campaign-spending?guni=Keyword:news-grid main-1 Main trailblock:Editable trailblock - news:Position3

They are also, apparently grooming the DUP as prospective coalition partners.  (where does this leave the English votes for English MP's argument BTW?)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I see Jacob Rees mogg has been a bit naughty regarding his connections with the tobacco. Oil, and mineral mining interests and his conduct in parliament

Keeping it local

Maybe she shouldn't have bothered or maybe it would have been more accepted by some if those points raised came from someone on the NMW.

[

Or you can make the money go further , not everyone has a basic level of cooking skills.

[

I see the Tories have craftily slid through a measure allowing parties to increase spending on the election by 23%.  Effectively this means the Tories, they are the only party this will benefit.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/13/tories-david-cameron-buy-election-campaign-spending?guni=Keyword:news-grid main-1 Main trailblock:Editable trailblock - news:Position3

They are also, apparently grooming the DUP as prospective coalition partners.  (where does this leave the English votes for English MP's argument BTW?)

I think you may find that alex Salmond he of the Scots Nats is standing in Aberdeenshire next year and will probably align with Labour in a coalition which may or may not be good for ENGLAND or the UK.

Or you can make the money go further , not everyone has a basic level of cooking skills.

Is domestic Science taught in schools now? This may explain the lack of cooking skills among thr current generation.

There are certainly many more take aways now than in my youth 50 years ago.

a chip shop  only and Wimpey bars starting to appear but nothing like todays range of fast  food.

Is domestic Science taught in schools now? This may explain the lack of cooking skills among thr current generation.

There are certainly many more take aways now than in my youth 50 years ago.

a chip shop only and Wimpey bars starting to appear but nothing like todays range of fast food.

Yes it is

Keeping it local

• 2 weeks later...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I do not think it is.  I have been relatively rich and poor and an very aware of when I was most careful with money.  It also neglects costs that poorer people will be more aware of, for example the cost of heating an oven, which often does not occur to the better off.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived