Dewsbury 23 Whitehaven 16: discussion, report

christheram

The sun is shining the ground will be drying nicely should be good for the guys that have got a bit of pace. Though the kicking game could be a bit awkward with a stiff breeze to cope with.

I am going for a Rams win 30 - 12

FTS: Dalton Grant

Att: 980 Hope for it to be more

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Pryce

2 Morton

3 Grady

4 Beckett

5 Grant

6 Hemingway

7 Thackeray

8 Haggarty

9 Wildie

10 Jackson

11 T Adamson

12 L Adamson

13 Brown

14 Godwin

15 Farrell

16 Hyde

17 Aizue

28 - 16 to Dewsbury, I can't guess what the attendance would but I hope it's fairly high. People might be scratching their heads at my choice of who's at 6 and 9 but Wildie is very good at 9.

1 Pryce

2 Morton

3 Grady

4 Beckett

5 Grant

6 Hemingway

7 Thackeray

8 Haggarty

9 Wildie

10 Jackson

11 T Adamson

12 L Adamson

13 Brown

14 Godwin

15 Farrell

16 Hyde

17 Aizue

28 - 16 to Dewsbury, I can't guess what the attendance would but I hope it's fairly high. People might be scratching their heads at my choice of who's at 6 and 9 but Wildie is very good at 9.

small bench that kelsey lad 

Rams by 12.

FTS: Thackeray

Att: 888

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4-4 so far.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

11-8 at ht , bit of an armwrestle .

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

Mixed bag really , forwards weren't really much cop today. We did enough to win (just). GM will be unhappy with some of the tries we conceded.

[

Bit lucky today and good job they don't have a goal kicker. That said it was an improvement on last week.

Not sure what happened to all the changes and we still need a leader.

Ref wasn't great but thought he favoured us on balance, not least when he disallowed their try close to end.

Can't see us getting owt next week unless we improve dramatically.

Still hard to work out why we aren't firing on all cylinders but two points when we aren't playing well is a bonus!

Joseph was massive for them showing again how ###### DR is.

Hard fought win in difficult conditions. Despite Haven's lowly league position, they have some good players in their team. I am thinking they are DR? Either way it was win. It could have gone either way, but their failure to land a goal probably sealed their fate in the end. Strangely enough all their tries were out wide. It was a forward battle for most of the match. I thought there were some decent displays despite a few around me not being too happy about the performance. Thackeray again showed what a fine player he is. Not a stand out performance by him, but he can turn it on in an instant. Well done to The Rams. I will never be unhappy with a win!

A game we should of won, missed kick's silly pen's cost us....Good luck for the rest of the season.

Agree Wildie has not impressed, we desperately need a leader or a game plan they can follow.

Adamson impressed on debut, Farrel did well, Brown looked sharp but not many chances.

Our wingers and centres need to smarten up dramatically or we will get hammered next week.

Very poor performance but a wins a win.

Sorry I don't agree. Grady had a good game today and it's been sometime since we had a winger who showed such pace as Grant did!

Overall   I felt that we were fortunate to come away with a win yet, with better game control, we should have scored another 12 points and made it comfortable. The weakness today wasn't so much in the forwards collectively, who were much better than last week, but out wide - our backs underperformed this week but we were disrupted by Pryce's injury; will a relative lack of numbers in the backs within the squad come to haunt us?

Perception is a strange thing though, isn't it? I thought Thackeray had one of the worst games for us since he joined the club, but he does have plenty of credit built up to excuse this once in a while. Also Wildie had one of his best games - no-one really seemd to notice that he made Thackeray's try, preferrring to put it down to a bit more Thack-magic. How Thackeray got MoM though, I don't really understand. It would have been Grady if I were making the choice.

Grant impresses on the few occasions that he gets the ball and his try was a classic example of the benefits of a bit of pace coupled with real determination. Why we constantly shovel the ball right I cannot understand, unless it is simply a lack of competence by our halves.

Just like Nick I was surprised when I saw the team - GM had talked tough last week about players not deserving the shirts and losing them this time around. Did he lose his nerve in refusing to change his first-choice line up or was he giving them one more chance? Who can tell.

I would make some changes next week but expect GM to stick to this side once again, injuries notwithstanding. We will have to play a sight better than this to get anything at the Shay, however. My hope remains that we will show ourselves to be a dry weather team, taking all before us as the pitches firm up

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Agree completely about always going right and think all the opposition coaches have worked this out too. Grant showed what he can do wide out given half a chance but we just don't seem to be able to serve up the opportunities more than once or twice a game. Agree with others about Wilde but thacks defo mom for me. Without his odd moments of class we would really struggle. s

Was spicer on side for his try I wonder?

Poor Performance in my opinion. We need to up our game or we'll get smashed against Halifax!

Looking bottom four rather than top four at the moment. Agree with most posters - Wildie doesn't look good enough at this level so god knows how he got game time at Wakey. Time to bring back Hyde. Crookes looks out of shape, unfit and a shadow of the player he was at Bradford - a spell in the reserves to get him fit might be a good idea. Morton looks out of form and short of confidence - done nothing on attack and a defensive nightmare. Get Austin back in until Scott is fit. Think it's time to bring back Wagga to give some leadership as well. According to the experts sat behind me though, once again, all our ills can be laid firmly at the door of KP. Could be a nervous season.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Looking bottom four rather than top four at the moment. Agree with most posters - Wildie doesn't look good enough at this level so god knows how he got game time at Wakey. Time to bring back Hyde. Crookes looks out of shape, unfit and a shadow of the player he was at Bradford - a spell in the reserves to get him fit might be a good idea. Morton looks out of form and short of confidence - done nothing on attack and a defensive nightmare. Get Austin back in until Scott is fit. Think it's time to bring back Wagga to give some leadership as well. According to the experts sat behind me though, once again, all our ills can be laid firmly at the door of KP. Could be a nervous season.

Got to agree with GOR on this,at the moment we look more of a bottom 4 side rather than top 4. I thought Whitehaven played well,but in my opinion I don't think'm 8 ok menU we ever looked like losing. Why do we want to score off every play? Crookes looks good with ball,just needs to get himself fit,but our defence down that side was shocking. I think we need to get wagger back in to speed the play up & maybe lead us round the field a bit better,I can't understand why he's not getting in the team at the moment,same goes for Byron Smith we could have done with them 2 yesterday.The Karl Pryce haters started on him early yesterday we hadn't even kicked off,then when we conceded the 1st try it was his fault they didn't see the other 2 or 3 players that missed him!!

Archived