WCS tv ratings similar to SL grand final

Copa

That's a great effort. But the. We do have the greatest game.

I am not sure how the atmosphere came over on TV, but where I was everyone was holding their breath for a lot of the game on Saturday. There was a real sense of danger whenever the Broncos looked like opening up, and a palpable sense of pride when we held them out. And as for that last minute try, the ground rose as one. Gladiators, every one. Any of the "it's only a friendly" persuasion should have been there.

Very exciting. Ive long supported a World Club Series. And I think this was a great success. It still needs some polishing. But it's a good product and the extra exposure for sponsors is definitely a plus. As is NRL teams expanding their fanbase.

Nothing stopping ESL teams doing likewise when or if the WCS is played in Australia and New Zealand.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

Would the interest have been so great had Souths and therefore Crowe not been involved I wonder?  I'm just asking the question; I'm not trying to be negative.

Given you were one of those who before the weekend saw these games as exhibition matches which weren't important as the upcoming league fixture v Castleford - have these TV figures done anything to change any of your views?

Is that an Australian article? Finally someone found the Prozac.

Not sure we need another team in unless they're going for a more tournament-like format (which I would favour) but good to hear they're thinking about what comes next (a rare event in RL) and that they're thinking about expansion (an even rarer one).

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived