Training 2night

troutmaster

Well,what can i say about training tonight.There's a lot of battered and bruised bodys on the Zebra claims pitch but the question is,who is fit and who is not.I have got to say them lads put a hard graft on sunday but will have to go through it again on wednesday night,at a count, i got to 20 bodies going through their paces, but if you take young Callum,and then our young hooker(sorry i forgot his name)out of the equation that leaves 18,big brett phillips has had 2 dislocated fingers put back in,we have also big kurt horton 50/50 for tomorrow,young aikhurst out with a broken thumb,thats a 6 to 8 week job, and you would reckon we are up the sh.t creek without a paddle,but no,far from it.The boys who have been through a hard match against the eagles,just showed just how much they want this team to do well,on the last count i reckon we have just enough players to give the dews a game,there was no feeling sorry for themselves,just a stout devotion to get on with job they are paid to do and i was very impressed with them all.I want to give our coach some credit for the way he has approached the injury crisis,because thats what he is faced with,but he just controlled the situation with no worries whatsoever,but in hindsight when looking at what he has got he must have thought how he was going to put a team on the field.On players coming back it looks like brett carter is available,liam mcavoy is feeling a lot better after his hard slog on sunday,elliot is looking to be on the field against the haven,young deurdon looks like starting and he seems happy to get a shot and trying to cement his position in the team,jarrad was on backshift tonight but word is he has a lot of bruising and is in the squad for tomorrow, but he is one tough dude and i can honestly say i have never seen him have a bad game since he came to the club 5 years or more ago.It his a long time since i have seen so many injuries to the team, and at one point we had 9 players suffering injuries,but on the plus side i am really impressed with our lads tonight for showing their commitment, injured or not,but they have all showed that they are a team who want to put on a show for us fans, and from what i have seen at the ground tonight them lads would run through a brick wall to give us fans a victory against the dews,but win or lose,but i can honestly say, them lads will turn up at the zebra claims stadium tomorrow night and put on a show for us fans,and i really mean that,4 or 5 of the boys,and thats the ones i talked to,they told me to my face they were doing it for the fans of the town,has they, us the fans, have backed them every week so its time to show even with a depleted team they are going into the dews game with every confidence of beating them.Well thats all for tonight fella's,i have every faith in the boys,and every faith in all of us supporters to get behind the team that phil has to put out tomorrow, and back them all the way to a victory.Up the town...

Thanks once again Trouty for your good report.   I don't know about anyone else but we do seem to have had a lot of finger and thumb injuries this season already.    There certainly seems to be more than usual, any ideas why?     Is it the type of material of some strips nowadays?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

That's a bit of a concern , the busted bodies backing up due to necessity . Hopefully adrenaline and will carry the day , we'll see . From the stand Brett's pinkies didn't look pretty so that's a minor miracle in itself . Stacky and Horton were plastered up , and that's our back row . Big effort from the guys . And Wane can't help because in his words they're doing it really tough ... You'd think in a 30 odd man squad they'd have some wiggle room for us !! Dom deserves his chance there , easily argue he's their best winger

So who we look at being fit tomorrow trouty?

Ritson,Carter,murphy,whiteley,forrester,forber,doran,shacks,matty,walker,phillips,stack,mcavoy,duerden,scholey,fifita,olstrum,possibly Horton. Have I missed someone?

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

So who we look at being fit tomorrow trouty?

Ritson,Carter,murphy,whiteley,forrester,forber,doran,shacks,matty,walker,phillips,stack,mcavoy,duerden,scholey,fifita,olstrum,possibly Horton. Have I missed someone?

No wonkey,thats about right.Kurt would be in my opinion the only one missing,but you never know,a day is a great healer.PS:the young hooker,why can't i remember is name? Is also not ready this week as is callum,but callum reckons he is ready for the weekend.

Lucock, Trouty.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

No wonkey,thats about right.Kurt would be in my opinion the only one missing,but you never know,a day is a great healer.PS:the young hooker,why can't i remember is name? Is also not ready this week as is callum,but callum reckons he is ready for the weekend.

still a strong 17 if fatigue dosent kill us

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Looks a decent side that,we'll have players playing who really shouldn't be,we've even got 1 or 2 that have to put half a shift in before travelling up to your place. I think they'll all be workington fans,as far as I know not many travelling up. What's weather forecast will it be dry? We haven't played away game yet on a pitch that's got grass,the Halifax pitch was disgusting!!

really looking forward to tonight . confident of a victory as both sides got a battering on sunday by all accounts . with home advantage we should be ok . interesting what size of crowd we get tonight , weather perfect and you get far more of an atmosphere at a night match under lights  .  UP THE TOWN .

Graham the last rain we have had was last Thursday so the pitch should be ideal. Take a look at the highlights of our game on Sunday on the Eagles TV and you will see grass, lol. It should be a good game.

Yeah I like night matches under the lights, great atmosphere. Hope our vocal support is out in force as they were a bit quiet on Sunday

Our choir was a bit quiet against Donny as well, we will need them in full voice tonight, love watching games under the lights but have a feeling I might be watching this one through my fingers. ;)

UP THE TOWN

Archived