20 Mar: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another well thought out and articulate comment.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That was an interesting game. Leeds superior in most departments most notably positional kicking, metres gained with ball in hand and defence. Most sets saw Leeds finish in an attacking position while Wigan's sets finished in their own half. Yet Wigan were still in with a shout entering last quarter and with a little more composure could have won. This I think comes from lack of leadership mentioned already on here. They also adopted a fairly risk free one pass and drive approach which barely troubled Leeds. We need more push from the forwards if we are going to play this way. Tomkins(J) and Farrell(L) also need to cut out any hint of stupidity. Certainly Tomkins spell in the M5 corridor game hasn't done him any favours. With the exception of Sarginson the three quarters aren't playing with much confidence. Plenty of ability but decision making is often poor leading to lost opportunities. Difficult to see why we let Goulding go given that one of his great strengths is decision making. Think we will get better but it is currently a hard road. It also shows that investment in youth isn't the sole criteria for a successful team.

Interviewer to Shaun Wane: 'What would you do if your daughter brought home a boy from St. Helens?'

Wane to interviwer: 'That won't happen' !

It was a cynical, professional foul. Correct decision

I don't think it was cynical so much as instinctive, deserved a sin-bin though.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Obviously, Wigan will be disappointed with the loss, but Leeds may also be a little disappointed by the relatively small margin of victory, considering the way they were on top for most of the game and Wigan were scrambling to contain them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bit like last night

Not far off, but last night's two teams looked a sight better organised than Wigan.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan need to get rid of wane so they can concentrate on being allowed to play rugby rather than all the niggly, cheap shot rubbish he has them playing. they concentrate more on those tactics than the actual gameplay.

Possibly pathos, or bathos.

...or maybe d'Artagnan.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Damn you, beat me to it.

Dum ass

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

Wigan need to get rid of wane so they can concentrate on being allowed to play rugby rather than all the niggly, cheap shot rubbish he has them playing. they concentrate more on those tactics than the actual gameplay.

So when Wigan do the stuff you're on about its being coached, I therefore presume when other clubs players do the same thing it hasn't been coached, its just the players being complete idiots.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived