DEWSBURY NO GAME JUNE 10TH

Batley vs Doncaster July 5th

DEWSBURY AWAY AT FEATHERSTONE

Batley vs hunslet July 19th

DEWSBURY AWAY AT WHITEHAVEN

As I've just proved

You talk c.rap :)

But hey nowt fresh is it ;)

So as you have just proved, you have been to more Batley games than you have Dewsbury games this season. Also what amazes me is how you can comment on matches on this forum when you haven't been in attendence.

Anyhow, will you be there to wish the Rams players well at the awards night? If not I can always get Glenn Morrison's autograph for you!

Will we all see you on Sunday for the game against Featherstone away?  Damn I forgot Batley are playing at home this week! :sarcastichand:

If your happy coolie who am I to argue, its the future I'm on about old lad

No argument at all

Just pointing out that promotion is not our goal...unless we get relegated mate

We've not the fan base to sustain a super league tilt nor will ever have

It is about the future and making sure we've a team & club that is financial sound on and off the field

For Glenn a move to somewhere like Salford would be good as sheens number 2 and learn some more strings to his bow

Think Mr kockrash would be happy for someone other than him to hog the limelight and a blank cheque book the ideal lure ;)

If any Dewsbury fan actually thinks Morrison will get us in the super league then you either need to give your head a shake or want locking up.

As we have seen the past few years the amount of money Leigh have spent and the squad they have got this super 8s has proved just how far Leigh are actually away from getting in super league. Leigh as we all know are far too good for this division but are still miles away from super league.

At the end of the day money will always talk and i cannot ever see dewsbury competing financialy with better supported clubs with more clout . It is notoriously difficult to raise money at Dewsbury and always has been . Club functions , lotto and squadbuilder as examples fall massively short in revenue raised compared to for example featherstone but so be it . I dont think we do so bad when everything is taken into account .

Although i think that our good friend Tom does a marvellous and much appreciated job i think that sometimes his affection for all things club overtakes his sense of reason as i cannot for the life in me see anything contentious in therein73`s posts ,in fact i think his contributions seem rational and well constructed to me  and although his views are not in line with mine on some issues i defend his right to express them on these forums as they are neither libelous ,vindictive or offensive . i think our Tom needs to lighten up a bit as i found his replies to therein73 to be rarther pompous and expressed in a schoolmarmly fashion . No need for infighting in my book as we are all in this together as they say .

At the end of the day money will always talk and i cannot ever see dewsbury competing financialy with better supported clubs with more clout . It is notoriously difficult to raise money at Dewsbury and always has been . Club functions , lotto and squadbuilder as examples fall massively short in revenue raised compared to for example featherstone but so be it . I dont think we do so bad when everything is taken into account .

Although i think that our good friend Tom does a marvellous and much appreciated job i think that sometimes his affection for all things club overtakes his sense of reason as i cannot for the life in me see anything contentious in therein73`s posts ,in fact i think his contributions seem rational and well constructed to me and although his views are not in line with mine on some issues i defend his right to express them on these forums as they are neither libelous ,vindictive or offensive . i think our Tom needs to lighten up a bit as i found his replies to therein73 to be rarther pompous and expressed in a schoolmarmly fashion . No need for infighting in my book as we are all in this together as they say .

You may be right GFDU but why not tell him privately rather than airing such views via this forum?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Although i think that our good friend Tom does a marvellous and much appreciated job i think that sometimes his affection for all things club overtakes his sense of reason as i cannot for the life in me see anything contentious in therein73`s posts ,in fact i think his contributions seem rational and well constructed to me and although his views are not in line with mine on some issues i defend his right to express them on these forums as they are neither libelous ,vindictive or offensive . i think our Tom needs to lighten up a bit as i found his replies to therein73 to be rarther pompous and expressed in a schoolmarmly fashion . No need for infighting in my book as we are all in this together as they say .

Wow

Common sense

I must be on the wrong forum

Nice one Mr B :)

You may be right GFDU but why not tell him privately rather than airing such views via this forum?

I think it needed doing publicly to show tom's views ain't nesserary the views of the club...some of his attacks have been unwarranted, the forums foundations is on opinion whether right, wrong or ridiculous everybody can voice "their opinion"

If tom roamed in the real world like he has at times on here attacking non believers

A slap would have been forth coming

I've great admiration for the lad and still have lots of time for the lad in the real world

But on here I've very little time

As,it's not the tom Coates I've known for many years who's views whether political or rugby league wise I respect.

His commitment to the cause can never be questioned

And neither can anyone else's by anybody.

I think it needed doing publicly to show tom's views ain't nesserary the views of the club...some of his attacks have been unwarranted, the forums foundations is on opinion whether right, wrong or ridiculous everybody can voice "their opinion"

If tom roamed in the real world like he has at times on here attacking non believers

A slap would have been forth coming

I've great admiration for the lad and still have lots of time for the lad in the real world

But on here I've very little time

As,it's not the tom Coates I've known for many years who's views whether political or rugby league wise I respect.

His commitment to the cause can never be questioned

And neither can anyone else's by anybody.[/qublue,]

Maybe. But aren't these issues best dealt with by a quiet word rather than public slathering on forums?

We have had a relatively successful season, so can't we leave such public disagreements to those clubs who really have problems?

I confess that I am completely baffled by the original attack by a poster new to this forum appearing from out of the blue yet obviously with a long track record of supporting the club. I don't understand the timing of the criticism but, no doubt, that is easily explained.

Therein73 professes to have followed the team since the year dot so will have experienced years of severe gloom and doom ( been there, done that) which makes me curious as to why his frustrations have suddenly emerged.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

In reply BSJ, I HAVE followed the club since year dot (my post on First Game may convince you more) and seen some very dark days in that time........ But my frustrations this time around are borne out of constantly being fed 'spin' on what are, sometimes, inept performances by a team which, in my opinion, should be doing and performing a heck of a lot better........... and the timing of my 'attack' is simply down to that -- There is no other agenda.

What other medium is there to join (or instigate) a debate about the relative merits, or otherwise, of a coach who seems happy to settle for sixth place (or second, as some people would try and sell it to us) when I believe the talent is there to achieve better...... my original point was that I don't think we have 'reached a new level' in the Super 8's....... Yes, we've "only lost one" which sounds good until considering who we've actually played, but the performances within those four games have been uninspiring........ In my opinion, of course.

The post was about on-field performances............... And was mis-read by some, who again put their own 'spin' on things and responded in a derisory tone...... Do I hope we win the Shield ?? Of course I do, but it's still an "also-rans" competition........ In my opinion.

Think there's two points here.

Where we finished, which was in line with our budget. The teams which finished above us all spent more so and with the exception of London, the teams below us spent less. So results wise, it's been a good season, not great but a long way from bad. We have to remember that other teams had strengthened as well, so whilst we are stronger than last season, so are others.

The other is our performances and many times this season, they have been unconvincing and you come away thinking we could have played better. We have had a lot of injuries which haven't helped.

It would be a great move for him. As you say, he is wasted in the reserves

Maybe he is wasted in the reserves and he deserves better with the loyalty he has shown the club but he just isn't  good enough to replace either of our current wingers

In reply BSJ, I HAVE followed the club since year dot (my post on First Game may convince you more) and seen some very dark days in that time........ But my frustrations this time around are borne out of constantly being fed 'spin' on what are, sometimes, inept performances by a team which, in my opinion, should be doing and performing a heck of a lot better........... and the timing of my 'attack' is simply down to that -- There is no other agenda.

What other medium is there to join (or instigate) a debate about the relative merits, or otherwise, of a coach who seems happy to settle for sixth place (or second, as some people would try and sell it to us) when I believe the talent is there to achieve better...... my original point was that I don't think we have 'reached a new level' in the Super 8's....... Yes, we've "only lost one" which sounds good until considering who we've actually played, but the performances within those four games have been uninspiring........ In my opinion, of course.

The post was about on-field performances............... And was mis-read by some, who again put their own 'spin' on things and responded in a derisory tone...... Do I hope we win the Shield ?? Of course I do, but it's still an "also-rans" competition........ In my opinion.

Fair enough T73. I wasn't suggesting anything else, simply baffled by the timing, which you have explained. None of us (I hope) are under any illusions about the relative status of the club but, having experienced many years of anguish, are reasonably satisfied with what has been achieved so far, both on and off the field.

Think there's two points here.

Where we finished, which was in line with our budget. The teams which finished above us all spent more so and with the exception of London, the teams below us spent less. So results wise, it's been a good season, not great but a long way from bad. We have to remember that other teams had strengthened as well, so whilst we are stronger than last season, so are others.

The other is our performances and many times this season, they have been unconvincing and you come away thinking we could have played better. We have had a lot of injuries which haven't helped.

On your first point a "good" coach would make a team (and I think it takes two to three seasons to do this) that would out perform a bigger spending clubs such as Batley managed to achieve. And Morro's had the backing to do better than he has imo. Win the Plate thingy and I might reconsider, but he doesn't overly impress me and I wouldn't have him at Batley. Now young Schofield....

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I didn't see anything contentious, libellous, vindictive or offensive in Therein73's post - I just responded.

I'm sorry if my post came across as anything other than a passionate and thorough reply.

I'm not sure why anybody would make the assumption that I'm telling people they can't have an opinion, but, as I've said a few times on here, people saying negative things about the club shouldn't be shocked if somebody replies and asks them to back up their points.

That's all I did.

And to clarify: I am a fan who chooses to volunteer in order to help the club out. I'm not and have never been an employee on the club's pay roll (aside from when I got £2 for being a ball boy when I was 10).

I don't represent the club at RFL meetings - or even on this forum. And the only time my name is ever attached to anything is when I post news releases or information on this forum. Any other fan could do that.

I've tried to avoid getting in to these kinds of debates during recent weeks - mainly because people already know my opinions on the main issues and also, in a small way, because of this growing perception that I am a club official.

But having read the post, submitted by a new user following our third win of the season over London and (ironically, now) ahead of our second win at Post Office Road, I chose to reply... using reason and fact-based evidence.

I don't think Glenn is the messiah. He does get stuff wrong.

But I defend him because I think he is a great coach who is doing a great job - and it frustrates me that most of the the criticism of him isn't based on facts, figures or even rational thought.

I think it's based mainly on misconceptions about how much money he's had to spend and the idea that he's some 'big shot Aussie who's just using our club'.

There has clearly been investment - as there has been at every other club in this Championship.

Nobody on this forum knows how our spending compares to the teams around us, but there seems to be some kind of weird belief that Glenn's been handed a wad of blank cheques and has been able to sign who he wants.

That's obviously not the case.

And Glenn clearly has ambition to coach at the highest level, much like Joel Farrell most likely has ambitions to play at the highest level.

And we'll be lucky to keep hold of both.

But we are a top six side in a competition containing three (and a half) full-time teams, two who've spent the last couple of decades in the Super League and (at least) six who've spent far more money than us.

And that'll do for me.

Regards,

'The Pompous Volunteer'

Chairman

Glenn Morrison Fan Club (Brighouse branch)

Tom

Tom please dont explain to these people you have done nothing wrong mate, I can tell you now if we were in super league and were as good as Leeds rhinos we would still get so called supporters on this forum tearing the club and staff to bits mate.

Save your breath and save all the long typing .

I didn't see anything contentious, libellous, vindictive or offensive in Therein73's post - I just responded.

I'm sorry if my post came across as anything other than a passionate and thorough reply.

I'm not sure why anybody would make the assumption that I'm telling people they can't have an opinion, but, as I've said a few times on here, people saying negative things about the club shouldn't be shocked if somebody replies and asks them to back up their points.

That's all I did.

And to clarify: I am a fan who chooses to volunteer in order to help the club out. I'm not and have never been an employee on the club's pay roll (aside from when I got £2 for being a ball boy when I was 10).

I don't represent the club at RFL meetings - or even on this forum. And the only time my name is ever attached to anything is when I post news releases or information on this forum. Any other fan could do that.

I've tried to avoid getting in to these kinds of debates during recent weeks - mainly because people already know my opinions on the main issues and also, in a small way, because of this growing perception that I am a club official.

But having read the post, submitted by a new user following our third win of the season over London and (ironically, now) ahead of our second win at Post Office Road, I chose to reply... using reason and fact-based evidence.

I don't think Glenn is the messiah. He does get stuff wrong.

But I defend him because I think he is a great coach who is doing a great job - and it frustrates me that most of the the criticism of him isn't based on facts, figures or even rational thought.

I think it's based mainly on misconceptions about how much money he's had to spend and the idea that he's some 'big shot Aussie who's just using our club'.

There has clearly been investment - as there has been at every other club in this Championship.

Nobody on this forum knows how our spending compares to the teams around us, but there seems to be some kind of weird belief that Glenn's been handed a wad of blank cheques and has been able to sign who he wants.

That's obviously not the case.

And Glenn clearly has ambition to coach at the highest level, much like Joel Farrell most likely has ambitions to play at the highest level.

And we'll be lucky to keep hold of both.

But we are a top six side in a competition containing three (and a half) full-time teams, two who've spent the last couple of decades in the Super League and (at least) six who've spent far more money than us.

And that'll do for me.

Regards,

'The Pompous Volunteer'

Chairman

Glenn Morrison Fan Club (Brighouse branch)

I was OK with this until you said you are in Brighouse, now I'm not so sure.

I'll keep this brief:

JC1965......... you don't know me, I don't know you: You have no right to label me, or anyone else with an opinion that differs to yours, a "so called supporter" ......... What I said, I standby..... it's a subjective opinion open to debate and I think that's been sufficiently done.

Mr Coates: Let's establish something.......... I did not, and would not, decry ANY of the work that you do for the club...... your input to the match day experience is greatly appreciated, as your dedication and efforts to promote the club are respected by me..... My 'gripe' was not, and is not, with you................. My opinion was about the team's performances thus far in the Super8's and my reaction to your reply was, I feel, justified........

Agree to disagree ??

Mr Coates: Let's establish something.......... I did not, and would not, decry ANY of the work that you do for the club......

I never said you did.

My opinion was about the team's performances thus far in the Super8's and my reaction to your reply was, I feel, justified........

Agree to disagree ??

Again, sorry if I came across as rude - genuinely not my intention to upset you.

Yes we can agree to disagree about the coach.

Tom

No matter what we Dewsbury supporters think of our coach, the people of Majorca appear to think highly of him. Look at these places named after him:

Son Morro

Morro de Cala Roja

Morro des Forat

Morro de sa Corda

Morro de sa Vaca

Morro d'en Llobra

I wasn't aware they played rugby on the island. Perhaps he and his family visit regularly.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived