SL Grand Final must sell out

IM2

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to see tickets selling at 2/3 times their original value on eBay (and Eng v Ura at half their value).

I thought it was illegal to sell tickets for more than face value and that ebay won't touch them with a bargepole? Just checked and obviously that's wrong.

rldfsignature.jpg

A fair point but 17 years on the sport has not expanded geographically within the UK at elite level one iota (in fact it has contracted with the loss of London). The bolt-on of Catalan - an existing RL stronghold - is our only geographical expansion.

That is a catastrophic failure.

You're funny!

It's like arguing with the missus! You lose the argument on one point so you try and switch topics!

If you want to discuss the successful growth and expansion of how RL then maybe you could start a new thread.

No synchronised arm-folding in that trailer, which is a bonus.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good article.

Interestingly, I was listening to Radio Two this morning and they stated the big show in Manchester this weekend was the Super League Grand Final, not the RU. Slightly spoilt it stating it was Sinfield's last game before switching to RU but at least acknowledged as a big event!

Even the Telegraph have got in on the act: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11923097/England-vs-Uruguay-Manchester-indifferent-to-Rugby-World-Cup-2015-roadshow-rolling-into-town.html

I think England RU's failure has probably given our grand final more media exposure in the run up than it's had in donkey's years! 

I have to admit to a sneaking feeling of glee at this.  The RFU (or whoever organised the venues) deliberately organised an England game in the same city, on the same day and almost at the same time as our grand final and did so knowingly, having been rejected by Old Trafford which chose to stay loyal to its league event.  Their arrogance knew no bounds and now they have ended up with egg all over their faces and everyone will have to forgive me for not feeling remotely upset about the situation!

Even the Telegraph have got in on the act: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11923097/England-vs-Uruguay-Manchester-indifferent-to-Rugby-World-Cup-2015-roadshow-rolling-into-town.html

I think England RU's failure has probably given our grand final more media exposure in the run up than it's had in donkey's years!

I have to admit to a sneaking feeling of glee at this. The RFU (or whoever organised the venues) deliberately organised an England game in the same city, on the same day and almost at the same time as our grand final and did so knowingly, having been rejected by Old Trafford which chose to stay loyal to its league event. Their arrogance knew no bounds and now they have ended up with egg all over their faces and everyone will have to forgive me for not feeling remotely upset about the situation!

I have a great amount of glee. It's not often we get one over them, especially when they have purposefully tried to get one over us.

Like you say, it's given our event more exposure than we'd usually get. Hopefully it encourages some to tune in for a comparison.

I have a great amount of glee. It's not often we get one over them, especially when they have purposefully tried to get one over us.

Like you say, it's given our event more exposure than we'd usually get. Hopefully it encourages some to tune in for a comparison.

I think there's been a lot of pre-written articles comparing those two matches on Saturday sent to the recycle bin by the London-based media.

The lazy sods will have to actually do some reporting tomorrow instead of diving snout-first into the RFU hospitality trough.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think there's been a lot of pre-written articles comparing those two matches on Saturday sent to the recycle bin by the London-based media.

The lazy sods will have to actually do some reporting tomorrow instead of diving snout-first into the RFU hospitality trough.

I bought a print copy of The Times today.  They have been running with the RU world cup of course with a pullout called The Scrum.  Slap bang in today's edition of said pullout was an article about England RU's game today and slap bang in the middle of the article was reference to the Grand Final, in some detail as well.  Tee hee.

(The Times also had a separate three quarter page article about the Grand Final.  Well, about Leeds really plus an insert about some match ups)

The build up to this grand final couldn't of gone better. We have got twice the coverage of the England RU game and there is more buzz about our RL grand final. Absolutely superb.

I went today. First i went into Manchester city centre, then Castlefield, Salford Quays, Victoria warehouse. And all I can say is Manchester was owned by Rugby League today.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Given that the thread title here is that the Grand Final must sell out, and now we know it did, I'm locking this thread now.

Grand Final discussion thread remains open here

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/276210-10-oct-slgf-leeds-rhinos-v-wigan-warriors-merged-threads/

Archived