SL Grand Final must sell out

IM2

IMO if SL GF doesn't sell out it will be embarrassing given the crowds at the RU over the past few weeks. I just bought 7 and taking all my family for the first time.

last years game was great so i hope we can all get behind it and show what we can do.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO if SL GF doesn't sell out it will be embarrassing given the crowds at the RU over the past few weeks. I just bought 7 and taking all my family for the first time.

last years game was great so i hope we can all get behind it and show what we can do.

Wierd.....would you say the same because wimbledon or the ashes are popular?

I've got 2 tickets, but seeing that it's just a Metrolink tram journey ( stopping off in town for a few jars) to the other side of Manchester for me. It's not really much of an effort I'll be putting in. Unlike others who will travel from much further afield.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

People need to stop comparing our game with RU as there is no comparison. They're a much bigger sport with a much higher profile, sad but true.

What we need to do is ensure that we are a viable sport of our own. The GF will give over that impression whether we have 60k or 70k. One of the benefits of OT over Wembley is that it looks great even if bits are empty.

Personally I'm in hospitality so I literally couldn't be looking forward to it any more.

Personally I'm in hospitality so I literally couldn't be looking forward to it any more.

Hope you get well soon and can get to a game.

Oh! hang on! misread.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

south and east stand have sold out. maybe the rugby union WC has wetted apppetite for people to go to the big games and as RL is value for money people will get on board.

i hope so. i would love us to have a great sold out GF and a superb sell out Nz tour and a series win. be nice to showcase the sport 

With the rugger boys going out it might actually do us some favours. They have the ignomy of having to play a home dead rubber against a rubbish side where people have paid hundreds.

I suspect our game will be talked about positively in contrast to this giving it publicity.

Can we have a sliding scale on how many fans = how embarrassed I have to be, just to make things easy on my simple little mind:-

50,000 - 55,000 - hang my head as I walk down the street, Cannot mention RL in the pub for 6 months, no RL shirts to be worn for 6 months.

55,001 - 60,000 - head can be held highish, catch no ones eye, Cannot mention RL in the pub for 3 months, no RL shirts to be worn for 3 months.

60,001 - 65,000 - head held level, glance at people, Cannot mention RL in the pub for 1 months, no RL shirts to be worn for 1 month.

65,001 - 70,000 - Head held high, nod at people as they walk by, mention RL in the pub immediately, can wear RL shirts immediately.

Sell out - massive hat saying "awesome sport" held on head, stop every person that walks by to tell them the attendance at the grand final, stand in the middle of the pub and shout the attendance every 10 minutes, wear every single RL shirt I own all the time.

Can we have a sliding scale on how many fans = how embarrassed I have to be, just to make things easy on my simple little mind:-

50,000 - 55,000 - hang my head as I walk down the street, Cannot mention RL in the pub for 6 months, no RL shirts to be worn for 6 months.

55,001 - 60,000 - head can be held highish, catch no ones eye, Cannot mention RL in the pub for 3 months, no RL shirts to be worn for 3 months.

60,001 - 65,000 - head held level, glance at people, Cannot mention RL in the pub for 1 months, no RL shirts to be worn for 1 month.

65,001 - 70,000 - Head held high, nod at people as they walk by, mention RL in the pub immediately, can wear RL shirts immediately.

Sell out - massive hat saying "awesome sport" held on head, stop every person that walks by to tell them the attendance at the grand final, stand in the middle of the pub and shout the attendance every 10 minutes, wear every single RL shirt I own all the time.

I'd like to see the scale go lower than this. 

Where for instance would 'take a cyanide pill' be?

Steady on, dkw. 

For your own sake, if it is a sell-out, please don't wear all your RL shirts all the time!​  You might expire with heat stroke and that would never do!  Try popping into the loo of the pub where you are shouting every ten minutes and change shirts 'twixt ecstatic rants. 

Also, for our sake, do this as otherwise you might start smelling a tad...well...whiffy!  Sorry for having to point this out!

Archived