London announce sponsorship with RugbyTel

Rugby clubs across the country and their members are giving their telephone and internet business to Gareth and his colleagues at Rugbtel and the word of mouth is spreading fast.

Over 3 years in existence and not one client testimonial on their website? No mention of their clients or recent wins via google search.....

I wonder? Will we ever know why the previous shirt sponsor walked after 1 year of a 3 year deal?

Stunned if they've paid a cent to stick their logo on our shirts......nothing ever changes at the club!

Well I don't know if their business will be successful or not, but the model seems to be that they will plough half of their profits back into rugby clubs nominated by the client.  They don't distinguish between RL and RU so I assume it's both. 

Sounds like something to be applauded to me.

Over 3 years in existence and not one client testimonial on their website? No mention of their clients or recent wins via google search.....

I wonder? Will we ever know why the previous shirt sponsor walked after 1 year of a 3 year deal?

Stunned if they've paid a cent to stick their logo on our shirts......nothing ever changes at the club!

Why does this concern you ? If David Hughes feels he can foot the bills this year, then so what ? But I do agree on Towergate and why they walked away, very odd.

Seems  a lot of "sponsorships" at the lower levels of the game are incentive based. You earn if we earn type of thing. Seems to be the case with this RugbyTel deal, pretty sure myclubbetting.com is another thats been pushed around the game at various levels that has an incentive based deal for clubs involved.

Maybe Towergate walked away from the Bronco's as they weren't actually making any money from an incentive based deal.. just an idea.

And it doesn't seem too different from the Salford deal with Mitsubishi, where no up front monetary amount has been announced (to my knowledge) for the deal, but Salford probably hope in a season or two if the partnership works out that some cash might be forthcoming.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I got a team photocard from the Broncos today fearturing the tracksuited 2016 squad along with a message from Andrew Henderson. The second paragraph of which reads:

"I can completely understand anyomnes reservations about the club and it's direction over recent years but this move represents a chance we have not had before. We can now bring together the scholarship, academy and first team to one venue to build a strong and stable playing platform. As a result, the off-field team can now focus their community and marketing efforts in one area and we can build a strong and stable foundation in Ealing"

It goes on to invite me to the open day on Monday 21st December - now IMO the open day is another example of good idea - poor execution as those of us who work for a living will not be able to make it unlike a Sunday. Probably the day was chosen because Kappa will be delivering the kit Monday. Even so, why not postpone then until say Sunday the 27th.December as at the moment all the club will attract are retired senior citizens - less face painting with the kids more bingo sessions and capucchinos methinks...

I am going to take up the membership option this year but looking at the positives there are signs of both humility and good ideas but just like a Henry Paul pass* it's not quite achieving the desired result....

* Slow looping interception seen frequently on his return to Rugby League with Quins RL from Gloucester RU

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

It goes on to invite me to the open day on Monday 21st December - now IMO the open day is another example of good idea - poor execution as those of us who work for a living will not be able to make it unlike a Sunday.

Or it could be linked to a community business day being held beforehand  ;) (which it is!)

Or it could be linked to a community business day being held beforehand   ;) (which it is!)

But my point being fans who have to work for a living cannot attend an event arranged on a working day. It's not that the club can afford to alienate what remains of its fanbase any further

Remember in the Paul Brown / Keith Hogg era when Ian Lenagan was Chaiman. Fan Forums were held pre-match so that the fans could attend. Before you touch the keybioard, yers there were meetings at The Cabbage Patch in Twickenham and a Pub in Victoria but after working hours.

This again is a good idea poorly executed with it being a bit too exclusive in who can attend.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Were Hogg and Brown at the Quins when Lennegan was there??

This isn't a fans forum so why do you use fans forums as a reference point? its a business opportunity for local businesses with the offer to fans to come along and watch the first team and academy train whilst trying to get you to buy a season ticket and or top.

Do you see the difference. They've held a fans forum with Hughes and Henderson responding to questions a few weeks back. Again not on a Saturday

Let's be honest the day would never suit everyone. Its fallen well for me and another 3 St Albans based adults plus our offspring for Monday - we decided to take an afternoons leave - but a Sunday would have been impossible for all with day long kids sport. 

We are not talking a small town here where fans can pop along to an event, we are talking a fan base spread far and wide. Nothing Broncos related will ever be ideal for everyone, its a sad fact of life. 

Or it could be linked to a community business day being held beforehand   ;) (which it is!)

Why not say that then? I have not seen any reference to the open day being tagged onto a community business day before reading your post in any of the communications I have had from the Broncos. I agree with RR - the club's continued ability to shoot itself in the foot knows no bounds.

I got a team photocard from the Broncos today fearturing the tracksuited 2016 squad along with a message from Andrew Henderson. The second paragraph of which reads:

"I can completely understand anyomnes reservations about the club and it's direction over recent years but this move represents a chance we have not had before. We can now bring together the scholarship, academy and first team to one venue to build a strong and stable playing platform. As a result, the off-field team can now focus their community and marketing efforts in one area and we can build a strong and stable foundation in Ealing"

I am going to take up the membership option this year but looking at the positives there are signs of both humility and good ideas but just like a Henry Paul pass* it's not quite achieving the desired result....

It is interesting that the one bloke who most fans can agree is not to blame is the one who on more than one occasion has been put up to say things like this. I have seen no humility (or capacity to learn from their mistakes) from those actually to blame for the state of the club

My wife received this mailing from the Club. She has`nt been since the Quins days  and this mailing will not pursuade her otherwise.

As JS has said its a pity Hendo keeps being put up to plea to the ex fanbase in this manner when others at the Club should 

be accepting responsibility for all thats gone before.

My wife received this mailing from the Club. She has`nt been since the Quins days  and this mailing will not pursuade her otherwise.

As JS has said its a pity Hendo keeps being put up to plea to the ex fanbase in this manner when others at the Club should 

be accepting responsibility for all thats gone before.

So, if DH had dropped you a line and admitted he could have done things better and apologised for his errors, would Mrs Spicer been inclined to come back ? 

No Magic she would not. Shes been telling me for two years Im wasting my time with them.But a fair few of the thousands the Club has seen off may be encouraged back, especially if they were to manage to put in a few decent performances. And of course as a minimum and has been alluded to show they have learned from the mistakes of the past. Will the latter happen, probably not.

The club certainly isn't anywhere near perfect. However it has started to make some progress, though that might be more to do with some of the people in certain positions rather than a conscious change by the primary income source. Whether the steps being made are big enough to change the downward hurtle is another matter, let's just hope so. Sponsors name announced pre Christmas, replica shirt actually available to buy pre Christmas and an event where fans were invited pre Christmas. Might be normal elsewhere but pretty much firsts for this club. Poorly executed, due to day or for whatever reason, well that's a matter of opinion. The open day was timed with the last day of training and with a business event. The business event element was only clear in some of the timings when booking vouchers.

Big name sponsor, well no but given the absence of crowds hardly surprising.

I really don't get the concern that Hendo is the spokesperson. Most fans of a sports club are primarily concerned with the stuff that happens on the pitch. The manager/coach is normally seen as the key to that, not the chairman (excluding the cash bit) and quite frankly with everything that has gone on before within the club, Hendo has far more credibility than anyone else.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Archived